Author Topic: Toldya...trade in one bad guy for another...and it was gonna be so great! Ha!  (Read 5038 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey , if you like the Clinton economic acumen , you might like falling off the fiscal cliff.
First thing it does is remove the Bush tax cuts , returning the tax rates to the Clinton era levels.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The topic here was, of course, Egypt and Morsi. Please note that I did not change the subject.

The Democrats embraced Bill Clinton, along with most of the country.

It is quite unlikely that Juniorbush or "deficits don't matter" Cheney will ever speak at a GOP convention again.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The topic here was, of course, Egypt and Morsi. Please note that I did not change the subject.

The Democrats embraced Bill Clinton, along with most of the country.

It is quite unlikely that Juniorbush or "deficits don't matter" Cheney will ever speak at a GOP convention again.

That depends on how dissapointed we all are with President Obama's promise to return the economy to Clinton style economics.

Oh yes Egypt.... 

For some odd reason , some of our allies think of us as fair weather friends.

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2011/01/mubarak-with-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bush.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Not exactly true, either

When Saddam was gassing Kurds, he was Rumsfeld's pal. No one in the US supported invading Iraq and deposing him. That happened in the1980's. The First Iraq War only sought to remove the Iraqi troops from Kuwait. Olebush did not try to remove Saddam then, either

That'd be you injecting Bush, Rumsfeld, and later on, Bush Jr.  Or what would you be referring to as "changing the subject"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Get stuffed, sirs.

You are a waste of time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And yet you continue to respond, somewhat debunking the notion of wasting time, otherwise you wouldn't be wasting your own,  Cuing Mr. Nicholson's line in "A Few Good Men"....."YOU WANT THE TRUTH?....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"    8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
A really stupid line from an overwrought film.

I do not think that you actually have even a passing acquaintance with any sort of truth.

You seem to actually believe that I have some influence with the Obama Administration,and that my refusal to debate stupid topics with you has some sort of national consequences. But of course, this is not at all true. Nor is it in any sense accurate that you are capable of rational debate.

My main point in this particular discussion is that the US cannot and should not interfere in Egyptian politics at this point, and the best thing we could do is simply wait and see how the new Egyptian constitution affects the Morsi government, as opposed to trying to foment unrest or overthrow Morsi. Morsi was elected in the fairest election in Egyptian history. I am sure I would never vote for Morsi, but then again, I am not Egyptian.

There was a good article about women's rights and social attitudes toward women in the Nov. 12th, 2012 issue of the New Yorker,in which women who protested in Tahir Square and were beaten for their efforts were interviewed. The main interviewee had to leave her conservative family and was debating whether it was better to stay in Egypt or move to Australia.

Egypt is generally regarded as the most influential country in the Arab cultural world. Women would surely be better off if Tunisia, the UAE or perhaps Qatar were, but they are not.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
A really stupid line from an overwrought film.

You seem to actually believe that I have some influence with the Obama Administration

Still arguing points never made I see.  SOP I guess

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
When will you understand that I do not give even one royal poop about what your points might or might not be?

I refuse to be restricted by your silly points. Won't you ever get it? I am not debating you.

Go handle your"truth" all by your own silly self.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Sirs , please , either quit talking to XO or give him his goat back.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
When will you understand that I do not give even one royal poop about what your points might or might not be?

Perhaps when you understand that debating issues not being made or arguing claims never made, is just you being unable refute the points/claims that WERE made....so you have to pull in the proverbial deflective strawman and beat that to death, as if that was the point

You can bring up any irrelevant "silly point" you want.  Just don't think you're going to get a pass at not being able to debunk the relevant points that were made

Won't you ever get it? I am not debating you.

Responding to me, IS debating me.  You get to chose if you want to provide the effort at making it a serious one or moronic one

Go handle your"truth" all by your own silly self.

See, that would fall under the latter effort

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Sirs , please , either quit talking to XO or give him his goat back.

LOL.....sorry....my bad       ;)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Goat?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Goat?

It is coded XO , you can get the decoder ring and dog whistle if you start attending the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy picnicks.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
On the menu at the next picnic:

Cooked goose, crow and humble pie.