Author Topic: Republicans Root for Obama  (Read 2017 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Republicans Root for Obama
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 05:55:04 PM »
If a law is good enough to stop your records from getting away from a national health database, why isn't a law good enough to stop your records from getting away from the FBI?

I think I would trust a doctor long before I would trust a cop or an IRS employee. I think most people would agree.
Only the government has the power to grant you privacy and to enforce laws preventing it from being violated. The more secrecy the government grants to itself, the less privacy we are likely to have.

Somehow, I feel more threatened by a Dick Cheney type than a Nancy Pelosi type. Democrats are far worse at keeping secrets.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
I think I would trust a doctor long before I would trust a cop or an IRS employee. I think most people would agree.

I seriously doubt that the doctors would be maintaining the records, databases, servers, etc, on their own.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

I seriously doubt that the doctors would be maintaining the records, databases, servers, etc, on their own.

BINGO
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
>>What McCain will do is have the FBI to keep the records and share them with the police, not the national health service, that could be barred from sharing them with everyone.<<

Oh come on now, nothing would be safe with a Republican in office! Hell, they're tapping your phone line at this very moment, you actually think your medical records would be safe under that monster McCain?!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 10:36:48 PM »
Re: Your proposal  that "if Hillary Clinton receives the Democratic Party nomination, African Americans should consider voting for John McCain."

Knee-grow,  pul-eeeze! 

http://www.theroot.com/id/44723

I agree with you that white Democrats, including the Clintons, take our votes for granted and need to do more to earn our support. And I am as offended as you are by Bill Clinton's cynical attempts to defeat Obama by playing the race card.

But ........"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
Clinton, who replaced her campaign manager in a staff shake-up, was selling at about 30, meaning traders gave her a 30 percent chance of winning the Democratic nomination, data on the Intrade web site showed.

Traders on the Iowa Electronic Markets, a nonprofit exchange run by researchers at the University of Iowa, had similar expectations, giving Obama a 70 percent chance of winning the nomination and Clinton about a 27 percent chance.

Researchers who study political forecasting markets say their predictive power is comparable to opinion polls. Contracts are generally structured so prices can be read as the percentage likelihood of a candidate winning the race.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080211/pl_nm/usa_politics_predictions_dc

Makeing a bet? the odds are too much for the house.