Author Topic: PETN Explosive  (Read 1321 times)

BSB

PETN Explosive
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »
PETN

The explosive used on the airplane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentaerythritol_tetranitrate

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PETN Explosive
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »
I used to blow up insects with small amounts of this in chem labs.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:05:51 PM »
Here are some clips showing the effects of 20 grams then 50 grams
of the same explosive the Christmas Bomber attempted to use on
Northwest/Delta Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit Dec 25th.
The bomber had 80 grams.

PETN
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BSB

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:09:35 PM »
I've got some experience with a close relative, C4. You need both heat and a shockwave to set it off. They can't get a blasting cap through security therefore they've been failing and only producing a fire.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »
I've got some experience with a close relative, C4. You need both heat and a shockwave to set it off. They can't get a blasting cap through security therefore they've been failing and only producing a fire.

I'm sure they have a tested & proven method that works but the person needs to follow the instructions to a T. This guy was a fuckup. If they had selected someone like you the job would have been done. Anybody with an IQ between 87-110 could pull it off.

BSB

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
Yeah? We'll they've failed twice. The shoe bomber was using the same stuff. Maybe they need to go back to the drawing board.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »
Yeah? We'll they've failed twice. The shoe bomber was using the same stuff. Maybe they need to go back to the drawing board.

so you think they haven't at least tried the theory out? Richard Reed wasn't too bright either. They need to get better recruits that can follow the correct procedures. People that aren't depressed and suffering from too many personal distractions. I'm sure in their training scenarios it worked fine. You do know that they have used actual airliner fuselages to train?

BSB

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:49:09 PM »
"actual airline fuselage to train"

Ah huh. You mean some empty shell sitting abandoned in the desert somewhere. Terrific.

I tell you what. You go over and run their training program for them and we'll be guaranteed they won't get any better at it then they are now.

BSB

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:51:23 AM »
Setting off PETN via a chemical reaction vs a blasting cap is "not impossible, but it's not easy either...." Clearly not easy enough for them, so far. 

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126195987401406861.html?mod=article-outset-box

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 12:58:09 AM »
"actual airline fuselage to train"

Ah huh. You mean some empty shell sitting abandoned in the desert somewhere. Terrific.

I tell you what. You go over and run their training program for them and we'll be guaranteed they won't get any better at it then they are now.

well then if I could that would be a heroic act which would surely get me a medal pinned to my chest by Obama. since 9/11 came out of your airport could you recommend a local terrorist recruiting office in your area? I'll head over and sign up. I want to do my part for the war effort that your guy Obama doesn't realize we are engaged in.