Author Topic: Attempted Terrorist Attack  (Read 5580 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Attempted Terrorist Attack
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »
<<We can't stop the justifacation of the Al Quieda without adopting Islam. Even so little a thing as an insensitive cartoon would be to much.>>

You are the one claiming that al Qaeda started because of a failure of the West to convert to Islam.  Most observers credit the oppression of the Muslims by the West and suggest that the cartoons are just the icing on the cake.

Since the oppression is a much greater offence than either our failure to convert or the cartoons, I suggest the logical path to peace would be to abandon the oppression of the Muslims, then wait to see if al Qaeda can continue to recruit and operate, fueled only by a failure of Westerners to convert and/or some cartoons in a Danish paper.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2009, 01:12:56 AM »
<<We can't stop the justifacation of the Al Quieda without adopting Islam. Even so little a thing as an insensitive cartoon would be to much.>>

You are the one claiming that al Qaeda started because of a failure of the West to convert to Islam.  Most observers credit the oppression of the Muslims by the West and suggest that the cartoons are just the icing on the cake.

Since the oppression is a much greater offence than either our failure to convert or the cartoons, I suggest the logical path to peace would be to abandon the oppression of the Muslims, then wait to see if al Qaeda can continue to recruit and operate, fueled only by a failure of Westerners to convert and/or some cartoons in a Danish paper.

The bomber in this case was from a rich family prominent in his nation.

What sort of victim is that?

"Opression " of Islam by the US includes allowing total freedom of worship in the Mosques that dot every American city, the US repression of Islam is mythical.

It might be better if Americans treated converts to Islam the way that Converts to Christianity are treated in Saudi Arabia , or Packistan, or would that be repressive?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »
There are no converts to Christianity in Saudi Arabia. At best, if you convert, you are expelled from the country. Pakistan is a lot less fanatical, as there is a lot more diversity there. Still, being anything but a Muslim in Pakistan is likely to be difficult to some degree.

The attitude of Muslims in some cultures is like the attitude toward gays or political dissenters in some parts of the US.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »
There are no converts to Christianity in Saudi Arabia. At best, if you convert, you are expelled from the country. Pakistan is a lot less fanatical, as there is a lot more diversity there. Still, being anything but a Muslim in Pakistan is likely to be difficult to some degree.

The attitude of Muslims in some cultures is like the attitude toward gays or political dissenters in some parts of the US.

By political dissenters do you mean people who don't like President BHO?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »
<<The bomber in this case was from a rich family prominent in his nation.

<<What sort of victim is that?>>

Do you think it is only the victims of oppression who hate the oppressors?  This young man had no axe to grind, but he saw what was going on and he reacted in anger to the oppressor.

Are you so sunk in selfishness and greed that you cannot even comprehend that others not directly affected by an injustice might nevertheless be so offended by it as to take up the cause of the oppressed?

<<"Opression " of Islam by the US includes allowing total freedom of worship in the Mosques that dot every American city, the US repression of Islam is mythical.>>

That's hilarious.  Why don't you take that line and go visit some of the real victims of American oppression, those whose families have been blown to pieces in Afghanistan or Pakistan or Iraq or the West Bank or Gaza or Lebanon or wherever, and tell them how "mythical" their oppression really is.  I'm sure they'd see the error of their ways once they realize that mosques "dot every American city" and that anyone is free to worship there.   

<<It might be better if Americans treated converts to Islam the way that Converts to Christianity are treated in Saudi Arabia , or Packistan, or would that be repressive?>>

Given the topic under discussion, I think it would be wholly irrelevant.  The oppressed Muslims have concerns that are a lot more immediate and personal than how America treats its converts. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »
<<It might be better if Americans treated converts to Islam the way that Converts to Christianity are treated in Saudi Arabia , or Packistan, or would that be repressive?>>

Given the topic under discussion, I think it would be wholly irrelevant.  The oppressed Muslims have concerns that are a lot more immediate and personal than how America treats its converts. 

So is the point accepted that they are not being oppressed because they are Muslims?

That is simply a very popular lie.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »
So here's a question.

Remember the guy who flew with explosives in his shoes? Yeah, the Shoe Bomber.

So what's this guy going to be called? Panty Bomber? Boxer Bomber?

;D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »
<<So is the point accepted that they are not being oppressed because they are Muslims?

<<That is simply a very popular lie.>>

I don't think I ever suggested that America had a primary objective to oppress Muslims just because they are Muslims.  I tried to make it clear that America's oppression of the weak and the poor is profit-driven.  They'll oppress anyone who they think they can get away with oppressing, as long as there is something to be gained by it.  Oil, for an obvious example.  Cheap metals and captive markets for U.S. products for another.  America is just as happy to oppress the Christians of Latin America, the Muslims of the Mid-East or the Animists of sub-Saharan Africa, as long as there's a buck in it for them.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
So here's a question.

;D

I don't know but by the looks of his underwear these people need to get some counseling in personal hygiene. I guess these terrorists determine when to wash by throwing their underwear against the wall and if it sticks it's ripe and ready for a good washing.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
So what's this guy going to be called?

I've heard a bunch, but my favorites so far are "Crotch Bomber" and "Testicle Terrorist".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »
So what's this guy going to be called?

I've heard a bunch, but my favorites so far are "Crotch Bomber" and "Testicle Terrorist".

Hilarious!

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
So here's a question.

;D

I don't know but by the looks of his underwear these people need to get some counseling in personal hygiene. I guess these terrorists determine when to wash by throwing their underwear against the wall and if it sticks it's ripe and ready for a good washing.

Ugh! I haven't seen the pictures... and I'm quite sure I don't want to!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2009, 01:01:05 AM »
So here's a question.

;D

Ugh! I haven't seen the pictures... and I'm quite sure I don't want to!

hold your breath
http://gizmodo.com/5435862/the-exploding-terrorist-underwear-that-nearly-took-down-a-plane