Author Topic: Respect  (Read 3354 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Respect
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »
I like the idea of lending respect.

Everyone I meet is lent respect , if it is returned with intrest < I lend even more.

People who do not want my respect do not have to have it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
I like the idea of lending respect.

Everyone I meet is lent respect , if it is returned with intrest < I lend even more.

People who do not want my respect do not have to have it.

I like the idea of earning respect, then nobody has to loan you something that can be taken away. Earning respect means you have to set an example, act a certain way, conduct yourself in a certain manner for people to look at you in a certain way. That's how leaders motivate people. Affirmative Action Respect means you get it up front, without working for it, just because you look like a guy that deserves it. That's not how human nature operates. It sounds nice but it's just words -- obama likes words, they mean little in the grand scheme of things.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »
There are a lot of Europeans and Asians who respect or even love President Obama.

What can they do for him?

Oh really, produce some.

Sure

Does Paul still count as a European?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/06/paul-mccartney-obama-is-a-great-guy.html

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 09:40:22 PM »
There are a lot of Europeans and Asians who respect or even love President Obama.

Oh really, produce some.

Sure

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/06/paul-mccartney-obama-is-a-great-guy.html

Paul really isn't a great singer or songwriter but in many ways Paul and Obama have similarities. Both are over-rated, both have no respect for people like you and both are in the elite. They are looking out for their own best interests (not yours) and would not want to spend one second of time with you. If you want to admire these guys that's your option. It isn't going to do you any good.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:23 PM »

Oh really, produce some.

Sure

Paul really isn't a great singer or songwriter but in many ways Paul and Obama have similarities. Both are over-rated, both have no respect for people like you and both are in the elite. They are looking out for their own best interests (not yours) and would not want to spend one second of time with you. If you want to admire these guys that's your option. It isn't going to do you any good.

I like some of the songs , not all of the songs.

I am not expressing admiration here anyway , I am pointing out that the admiration of europeans is not highly usefull.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »
Much as I worry about finding myself in even partial agreement with Kramer on anything - - I have to admit that, probably for very different reasons, we are coming to similar conclusions about Obama. 

It's bad that Obama can not stand up to McChrystal's or Petraeus' insubordination the way that Harry Truman stood up to Douglas MacArthur.   With time, I came to admire and respect Truman for his stand.

Unfortunately, I can't find any of that admiration and respect for Obama.  He is letting his generals piss all over him, to the delight of guys like Kramer, who obviously don't give a shit for the principle of civilian control of the military.  I doubt that Kramer's right in saying that other generals would resign if Petraeus and McChrystal got the smack-downs they deserve, they're a bunch of fucking snakes each one looking to slither over the other's corpse on his way to the top.  But even if other officers did resign, good riddance to the whole fucking bunch.  This would be a golden opportunity for Obama to move guys up the ladder who aren't going to rankle his ass if he ever grows the balls to order immediate pull-outs from both Iraq and Afghanistan and announces that in the interest of a balanced budget and some much-needed reforms at home, the military is going to be downsized to 15% of its current size and all overseas bases will be closed.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
I am not expressing admiration here anyway , I am pointing out that the admiration of europeans is not highly usefull.

I don't think most Americans give a rip what Europeans think when it comes to electing our president and I don't know why it's up for discussion.
I do care what they think after he's in office because many of them are our allies and others our enemies. My bet is the ones that didn't like Obama were drowned out over the few that liked his negro look and his white dialect.

When the world for the first time sees Obams hug Hugo Chavez or bow down to some other head of state the wonder about the man.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »
Much as I worry about finding myself in even partial agreement with Kramer on anything - - I have to admit that, probably for very different reasons, we are coming to similar conclusions about Obama. 

It's bad that Obama can not stand up to McChrystal's or Petraeus' insubordination the way that Harry Truman stood up to Douglas MacArthur.   With time, I came to admire and respect Truman for his stand.

Unfortunately, I can't find any of that admiration and respect for Obama.  He is letting his generals piss all over him, to the delight of guys like Kramer, who obviously don't give a shit for the principle of civilian control of the military.  I doubt that Kramer's right in saying that other generals would resign if Petraeus and McChrystal got the smack-downs they deserve, they're a bunch of fucking snakes each one looking to slither over the other's corpse on his way to the top.  But even if other officers did resign, good riddance to the whole fucking bunch.  This would be a golden opportunity for Obama to move guys up the ladder who aren't going to rankle his ass if he ever grows the balls to order immediate pull-outs from both Iraq and Afghanistan and announces that in the interest of a balanced budget and some much-needed reforms at home, the military is going to be downsized to 15% of its current size and all overseas bases will be closed.

2012 matchcup -the General against Obama. Listen Republicans put this general up. He will wipe the floor with Obama. My guess, that is one reason Obama won't let him resign. If Obama let's him go then good I say run General run in 2012.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »
I like General Petraus , I like General McCristal , but even though I don't like President Obama as well I think he has to fire or disapline a general that is publicly disrespectfull.

I get to vote for Presidents , not generals , this makes it important that the presidents outrank the generals.

It also makes it important that we don't often elect dimwits.

We can stand a dimwit now and then -so even during the "then" while the president is dim the generals must bow.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
I like General Petraus , I like General McCristal , but even though I don't like President Obama as well I think he has to fire or disapline a general that is publicly disrespectfull.

I get to vote for Presidents , not generals , this makes it important that the presidents outrank the generals.

We can stand a dimwit now and then -so even during the "then" while the president is dim the generals must bow.

so what did the general say? I still don't know for sure. Maybe he told the truth.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »

so what did the general say? I still don't know for sure. Maybe he told the truth.

Not much really.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2010/06/22/ED3C1E32BP.DTL

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

Not much really.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2010/06/22/ED3C1E32BP.DTL#ixzz0rdkzlSc1

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2010/06/22/ED3C1E32BP.DTL

Quote in the article: Actually, McChrystal did not say half of what was reported.
Exactly and had this been said about Bush the press would make the man a hero.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »
I try not to get respect,by acting abit on the slow side. but people still keep asking me for advice. i`m a bad actor.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »
I try not to get respect,by acting abit on the slow side. but people still keep asking me for advice. i`m a bad actor.

if that works for you then go for it. I don't act, being slow comes natural for me.