Author Topic: Why does Obama keep doing this?  (Read 6273 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Why does Obama keep doing this?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
Then why make it?  I didn't see a smiley.  It was a serious inquiry as to the notion sirs advocated the use of SS force?     oy      And, so we're also to ignore the plethora of posts that had you repeating a notion of "What was he supposed to do"?

gotcha

Pretty much the only time i use emoticons is when i am mocking you.

And the Secret Service remark simply ridiculed you position that the President could have controlled the crowd. No where did i concede they were unruly. That simply one of your many misrepresentations thus far into the new year.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »

Ahh, excellent leadership example.  I guess I'll have to remember that

And the Secret Service remark simply ridiculed you position that the President could have controlled the crowd.

Yea, because the President of the Unitied States was completely incapable of merely raising his hands to calm the cowd, and add an impromptu refererence to why they were there, and that the excessive and "hyper" applause was inappropriate.  Yea, so powerless

Talk about ridiculous

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
Quote from: BT on Today at 11:09:42 AM

Ahh, excellent leadership example.  I guess I'll have to remember that

;D
Quote from: BT on Today at 11:09:42 AM
And the Secret Service remark simply ridiculed you position that the President could have controlled the crowd.

Yea, because the President of the Unitied States was completely incapable of merely raising his hands to calm the cowd, and add an impromptu refererence to why they were there, and that the excessive and "hyper" applause was inappropriate.  Yea, so powerless

Talk about ridiculous

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Of course if you would like to provide video showing where the crowd got unruly and Obama did not stifle their free expression, have at it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
I saw it, I heard it.  If you wish to ignore it, fine.  Nice tact now, where the defense of such inapproriate behavior at a memorial is now one excercising the 1st amendment rights, and how apparently inapprorpiate it would have been for the President to stifle such    ::)   That makes defense exibit #3 now, following Obama being unable to do anything, followed by the audience never got unruly/inappropriate in the 1st place

So glad to know how supportive you must be for Phelps & Co, then as well, attempting to exercise their free speech, and how outraged you must be at the AZ legislature wanting to have stifled that free speech at a seperate "memorial"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »
If you have video of Obama encouraging the crowd to misbehave, i'll be glad to take a look at it.

Do you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
WHAT THE FRELL?  When did this become Obama ENCOURAGING misbehavior??  Seriously Bt, do your misreps have no bounds??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
WHAT THE FRELL?  When did this become Obama ENCOURAGING misbehavior??  Seriously Bt, do your misreps have no bounds??

How am I misrepresenting your position that Obama used the memorial to kick off his 2012 campaign and exhibit A was his alleged poor handling of the crowd?

Either you have proof or you don't. You keep backpedaling from your original claim you are going to end up in the ocean.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
His "poor handling" of the crowd was in what he DID NOT do.  MISREPRESENTATION ALERT --> "Encouraging the crowd to misbehave", would be something akin to actively having done, which then presented you the opportunity to ask for an example that never was prompted in the 1st place.

If I can find a link to the entire video, so everyone can sit and watch it again, if they already have, or have the time to watch it for the 1st time, and look for ANY effort on his part to have tried to bring the croud into the realm of why they were there, I'll do so later this evening.  I saw it, I heard it.  I saw NO EFFORT what so ever. 

So either, he wanted that type of response, analogus to a Campaign run, or he was too much a presidential wimp to use the pulpit, for no more than 30seconds necessary, to remind the audience why they were there, and why such raukus applause was completely inappropriate for a memorial service, the likes of which included the tragic murder of a 9year old.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
Thus the request for the video.

Let the people decide through unfiltered lenses. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »
Works for me.......as opposed to "demanding" something that never was referenced in the 1st place

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
waiting

You made the claim, you provide the proof.

Double dog dare ya.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
I made a claim of what he didn't do.  You then misrepresented that into demanding proof of something he did do, which was never presented

That said, I do believe that this is the video of the 30+min speech.  Though until I sit down and watch it myself, I can't vouch for yet.  That won't happen until I get home later this evening.

If it is, by all means, reference the time in which Obama lifts his hands and presses the audience to understand where they are, and how the inappropriate applause, though perhaps personally appreciated, is still inappropriate, given the circumstances to which they had all come together that day for.

Ball in your court

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
Newsmax
Poll: 78% Approve Obama's Arizona Speech
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 09:15 AM

By: Henry J. Reske

Seventy-eight percent of Americans, including 71 percent of Republicans, approved of the way President Barack Obama responded to the shootings in Tucson that wounded 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and killed six. Disapproval of the tea party has reached a new high of 52 percent, a new Washington Post-ABC News poll showed.

Some 82 percent believe that the current political discourse is negative and 49 percent think it encourages violence. Nonetheless, 54 percent did not believe it contributed to the Arizona shootings while 40 percent believe it did, the Post reported.

The telephone poll of 1,053 people, taken after Obama?s Arizona speech, showed the president?s approval rating rebounding to 54 percent, its highest since last April. Sarah Palin?s response to the shootings garnered a 30 percent overall approval rating and even among Republicans fewer than half approved of her handling of the incident, the poll showed.

Asked to choose whose direction they prefer, 44 percent chose Obama?s while 35 percent went with the congressional Republicans.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/obama-poll-gop-arizona/2011/01/18/id/383098

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »
I wonder who thinks that Obama doesn't give good speeches?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
I wonder who thinks that Obama doesn't give good speeches?

Dunno. Perhaps they will do a poll on that topic.

This poll was about the way President Barack Obama responded to the shootings in Tucson that wounded 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and killed six.