Author Topic: dangers of eating your greens  (Read 9024 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
dangers of eating your greens
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:59:34 AM »
this is what happens when you eat vegetables without consultinmg your doctors. I started adding kale to my diet and it`s having a severe reaction to the plavix I take daily. these bruises are on my legs,arms & chest also it`s give me some super nasty headaches.
PSA warning,If your under medication check with your doctor before starting eating healthy. some drugs just don`t get along with some foods.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: dangers of eating your greens
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
I have never been a fan of kale, but if I were you, I'd give it up and try something else, like broccoli.

There was a brand of margarine that promised to lower my cholesterol, and gave me a rash. It took me a week to figure out the cause, as I thought it was a fungus problem. I stopped using the margarine, and the rash disappeared. And I only used it on a couple of slices of bread once a day.

There is still not any sort of comprehensive listing of allergetic reactions and their causes, my doctor tells me.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
I have never been a fan of kale, but if I were you, I'd give it up and try something else, like broccoli.

Broccoli and kale are related; it's likely that the broccoli would have a similar reaction.

Here is a quick list: Foods to Avoid When Taking Plavix
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »

There was a brand of margarine that promised to lower my cholesterol, and gave me a rash. It took me a week to figure out the cause, as I thought it was a fungus problem. I stopped using the margarine, and the rash disappeared. And I only used it on a couple of slices of bread once a day.

There is still not any sort of comprehensive listing of allergetic reactions and their causes, my doctor tells me.

Don't quit your day job Dr Nutjob!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »
Since kale is clearly a green, leafy vegetable, and broccoli is green but not leafy, I thought that it might be appropriate. Perhaps the florets are mutated leaflets.

But if it is related, then don't take it. Apparently Vitamin K is the problem, and both kale and broccoli have lots of it.

I usually google medicines I am taking to find out what might cause problems. It seems to be a good idea.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
"Kale or borecole is a form of cabbage (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group), green or purple, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms. The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide array of vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are extremely similar genetically."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kale
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »
Kimba,

Have you been tested for diabetes?  I take plavix, eat brocolli and spinach and don't bruise like that.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
i saw kale at the Whole Foods Market buffet last night
thought about trying it but didn't
is kale not a good thing to eat?
i've never heard of it
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »
no diabetes,but I did just came back from the doctor and she used the exact same website that ami used. she`s more worried about my general plavix reaction than the kale. pretty much what all doctors tell me. call a doctor if you got severe cherst ,back pain.
vomiting,nausea ets. also.
the kales was only a problem since I eat other greem vegies already and the addition simply tipped my vitamin k  limit. but the bruising is a plavix reaction whichMIGHT be result of it. just to be safe shwe took more blood samples from me. I lost count how many sample they took from me. something about platlets

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:53 AM »
Are you taking any statins?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 12:15:53 AM »
Kale is a major staple of Southern cooking. It is grown as a crop in rotation with tobacco, as farmers believe that it replaces nutrients in the soil that tobacco takes out. I used to rent half a farmhouse in Charles Co. MD on a tobacco farm, and the landlady, who grew tobacco with her sons, would always bring us kale every day, cooked in vinegar, about three pounds of it.

Kale is not bad once or twice a week, but every day it gets boring. Pauline, the landlady let me know that she disliked the way the previous tenants put excess kale in the trash barrel, so every three days or so, I would fling it as a dumpster at the Charlotte Hall General Store on my way to teach every day.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 12:22:10 AM »
Kale is a major staple of Southern cooking. It is grown as a crop in rotation with tobacco, as farmers believe that it replaces nutrients in the soil that tobacco takes out. I used to rent half a farmhouse in Charles Co. MD on a tobacco farm, and the landlady, who grew tobacco with her sons, would always bring us kale every day, cooked in vinegar, about three pounds of it.

Kale is not bad once or twice a week, but every day it gets boring. Pauline, the landlady let me know that she disliked the way the previous tenants put excess kale in the trash barrel, so every three days or so, I would fling it as a dumpster at the Charlotte Hall General Store on my way to teach every day.

you should have had a spine to say no instead of wasting it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 01:27:03 AM »
simvastatin 40mg

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »
be careful with that and report any muscle pain immediately. That is the drug that gave me my frozen shoulders.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:58:50 AM »
frozen shoulders?