Author Topic: dangers of eating your greens  (Read 9023 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: dangers of eating your greens
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 11:50:01 PM »
If made in China do the Chinese give a rip about the end user?  nope

but thats changing,since china (the country) is literally losing billions for it. the bright spot to this is you can`t blame the chinese for such abuses since american companies done similiar abuses also. ex. peanut butter .It`s was on all the news and I`ll bet nobody here remember all those recalls.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
you should have had a spine to say no instead of wasting it.
==============================================
We told this woman on a daily basis that we could not eat all the kale, but she gave it to us anyway. We were paying about half the rent that everyone else charged for the same size apartment, so we had to keep her happy.

They grew kale as a crop rotation with tobacco. They had tons of the stuff. She made it in a 5 gallon pot every day and gave it to her two sons and ate it herself. Giving it to us was her way to avoid throwing it out.

Too bad I did not have your address. I could have mailed it to you.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »
don't count on no recalls meaning no health problems or concerns for you. the government doesn't tell you anything bad about harmful products that lobbyists & politicians have interests in. many municipal water supplies are suspect yet the government will happily allow you to consume various toxins and not let you know about it.  A billion dollar product can easily be deemed 'safe' with a well placed bribe.

Kramer....I still think there is a link between cell phones and cancer
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »
don't count on no recalls meaning no health problems or concerns for you. the government doesn't tell you anything bad about harmful products that lobbyists & politicians have interests in. many municipal water supplies are suspect yet the government will happily allow you to consume various toxins and not let you know about it.  A billion dollar product can easily be deemed 'safe' with a well placed bribe.

Kramer....I still think there is a link between cell phones and cancer

There could be a link as you suggest but check this out: all of us have cancer cells in our bodies. If you keep your immune system strong you should be OK and the cancer cells will not or should not become cancerous. In other words, people that get sick are usually weak, have compromised immune systems, and are unhealthy. Taking fish oil daily, keeping up your levels of vitamin D, exercising, & keeping your liver healthy are all excellent ways to be healthy, strong, and will significantly assist you in fighting off cancer and other diseases.

Right now diabetes is epidemic. Get  a blood test and have it evaluated by a professional. An extensive test will look at your blood sugar, thyroid, white blood cells, hormone levels, cholesterol good & bad, vitamin D levels, tell you about your heart, liver, thyroid, etc. Knowing what is good and what needs attention will allow you to then make decisions as to how best to repair the areas that need it. Doing this when you are (I assume in your 40's) will make your quality of life in your 70-80 much nicer. The last thing you want to do is look and feel like XO. I'm sure he's in pretty miserable shape and looks as bad as he feels.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code

Identify plastic according to its composition.

If made in China do the Chinese give a rip about the end user?

They ought to, every materiel or service provider ought to want pleased customers, the alternative is customers eager to seek compeditor supplyers.

China has had some problems with adulterated products, but they have been handing out severe penaltys on the culprits .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »
One of the local restaurants is having a special menu on my birthday; I'm thinking of making a reservation.

http://www.triarestaurant.com/specials__events/

(Oh nos! Raw meat! Everyone is gonna get sick and die!)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BSB

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Ami >> The list of dangerous plants that are *not* FDA approved is larger than the list of dangerous FDA approved drugs.<<

By far.

What you have to realize is that there are no free lunches.  Everything is a trade off be it an FDA approved drug or an herb or whatever.   

BSB