Author Topic: Sept 11, 2001  (Read 5110 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sept 11, 2001
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Sept 11, 2001
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
I do believe with the exception of the one year after I`m not aware of this date. maybe because the media been mentioning this day for a few weeks. i don`t think  we  mention it yearly

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
The media always reminds us annually of Pearl Harbor Day, D-Day, the Cuban missile crisis, the JFK assassination, and of course, the Holocaust, which has its very own special day that I have forgotten, and of course, 9-11. The Day National Security Adviser Condi Rice showed her extreme competence at maintaining national security.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »
The Day National Security Adviser Condi Rice showed her extreme competence at maintaining national security.

The day the nation is reminded of the results of Bill Clinton
having had the opportunity to kill Bin Laden before 9/11 & didn't.
It's a damn shame Clinton blew it!

NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government.  It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture Bin Laden. One Clinton Cabinet official said, looking back, the military should have been more involved, "We did a lot, but we did not see the gathering storm that was out there."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4540958/ns/nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/t/osama-bin-laden-missed-opportunities/#.VBG9JZRdWSo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
Rice was in charge. She was the one that blew it. Clinton was out of office in March 2001.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »
How long has Bush been out of office again?  Yet the ISIS monster is his fault??  OK, I think I have this figured out......

Minus any context:
If something bad happens on someone's watch, its their fault if they have an (R) after their name, regardless the circumstances.

If something bad happens, and they have a (D), after their name, then its someone else with an (R) at some earlier time's fault.

That about right?  I mean Dems can do no wrong, right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »
Supposedly, Republicans were better at defending the nation. That was their favorite song. "The Democrats are soft on Communism. The Democrats are soft on evil foreigners."  Rice was appointed by Juniorbush, who was noted for his courageous defense of Alabama against the Viet Cong Air Force..

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »
So, I got it right... Dems can do no wrong, Republicans can do no right.  Kinda what I thought     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »
I only said that Condi Rice failed rather miserably as a Director of National Security.

That was her title, you know.

The worst national disaster before that was the sinking of The Sultana, a sternwheeler that left Memphis overcrowded and blew up in April 1865. Many Union former POWs died in the disaster. It was due to Abraham Lincoln appointing a hideously incompetent fool to the quartermaster corps. There was a documentary on The History Detectives about this shown on PBS not long ago.

http://sultanaremembered.com/pbs-show-the-history-detectives-features-the-sultana-in-season-premiere/

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »
what a tool.....to immediately politicize the first post commemorating Sept 11

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »
Putting aside for the moment that the administration wasn't even a year into its function, and how we decimated AlQeada after the fact, who was that horrible president, that under his watch, Pearl Harbor was hit?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »
Pearl Harbor was also an example of government incompetence. I was unborn at the time, and did not get to vote until I was 21, that was 22 years later. If the Japanese had attacked Pearl Harbor a year before, that would be a valid point.  A Muslim terrorists called the Blind Sheik, tried to blow up the Twin Towers previously, and had been tried and convicted. The Japanese had not even thrown a dirty look at Pearl Harbor in Dec. 1941.

I thought it was strange that somehow Condi Rice was entirely unscathed and not replaced. In fact, they kicked her upstairs. Right wing clowns were yammering about what an excellent president she would make. Some of them still are. She was a Russian scholar when we had no real need of Russian schoilars. I hear she is a great pianist. But as a National Security Director, she sucked.

I find it absurd that she was not at least called to task for her incompetence.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
Condi Rice ......................... as a National Security Director, she sucked.

I wish you were something like specific about this.

What did she leave undone?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
Duh.

If the Security guard allows the bank to be robbed by the same folks it was robbed by before, what sort of Security guard  is he?

Rice was Director of National Security. Her job was to direct those under her to make the nation secure. The Twin Towers were an obvious target. It is pretty obvious that she blew it.

But even worse, she got promoted.

When Churchill fucked up with his harebrained invasion at Gallipoli, he was thrown out of office.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
Duh.

If the Security guard allows the bank to be robbed by the same folks it was robbed by before, what sort of Security guard  is he?

Rice was Director of National Security. Her job was to direct those under her to make the nation secure. The Twin Towers were an obvious target. It is pretty obvious that she blew it.

But even worse, she got promoted.

When Churchill fucked up with his harebrained invasion at Gallipoli, he was thrown out of office.

Churchill was later thrown back into office , for all his faults , he was the best available.

So you think that after the 93 bombing of the World trade center President Clinton should have established the Department of Homeland Security?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

Or what exactly do you think President Clinton should have done?

To use your analogy, when a bank is robbed , the bank president that year (and the next seven) does not need to wait on his replacement to make improvements.