Author Topic: Sept 11, 2001  (Read 5107 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sept 11, 2001
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »
Looking back, I think Clinton should have done more after the first bombing, of course. I don't know that this would have included a Dept of Homeland Security. As I recall, there were a lot of righties yammering about black helicopters and detention camps in Arizona. I doubt that Clinton could have created a dept of Homeland Security.

The Republicans did this country no favor when they spent millions and months on the impeachment case against Clinton. They knew they would never have the votes to impeach from the get-go. All they did was try to prevent Clinton from doing anything. The nation was never threatened by Monica Lewinsky or even Clinton's ****.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 02:35:15 AM »
It's a marvel watching the linguistic somersaults to condemn and demand Condi's head on a stick, simply because it "happened under her watch", but the Clinton's (both of them, Bill with the bombings and not taking Bin Laden out when we had him in our cross hairs, and Hillary, demonstrating the highest in incompetence, ignoring all the pleading for more security, leading to the 1st ambassador to be murdered, in over 30years, ON HER WATCH) get complete passes because.....they were distracted, harassed, had more pressing priorities to deal with, yada, blah, etc.  Utterly amazing to watch.  Anyone with a (D) after their name can do no wrong. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
I did not ask for Condi's head on a stick.

I merely mentioned that she was by definition, incompetent as a director of National Security, the most incompetent there has ever been, and hopefully there ever will be.

Had she been competent, there would have been no 9-11.

You are really dense if you do not understand this. It has ZILCH to do with her politics.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
And by definition, the Clintons are just as incompetent.  Had they been competent, Bin Laden could have never masterminded 911, and Ambassador Stevens would still be enjoying Christmas with his family

You are really dense if you do not understand this. It has ZILCH to do with their politics.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
Everyone makes mistakes. However

It is not the primary job of the Secretary of State to protect diplomats. This would be done by those chosen to be more expert in the field.

It WAS the job of the Director of National Security to keep the nation secure.

9-11 was a far bigger blunder, and there were precedents to expecting another attack on the WTC.

I doubt that you are capable of understanding the distinction, and even if you are, you will not admit it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »
And by definition, the Clintons are just as incompetent.  Had they been competent,
Bin Laden could have never masterminded 911, and Ambassador Stevens would still
be enjoying Christmas with his family

And SIRS...lots of people including children would be alive had Clinton
not been so incompetent to allow the OK City bombing happen during
his watch.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »
Everyone makes mistakes. However

::)   Priceless....so we're back to if they have a (D) after their name, no biggie, just "mistakes", move along, but if they have an (R) after their name, then we need to march their sorry ass out to the "firing" squad. 

It was indeed the SoS's job to approve the security that was being begged for.  It was indeed the President's job to say "yes" take him out, when they had Bin Laden in our crosshairs.  Then there would have been no 911.  You can't get more incompotent than that, per your parameters

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
And by definition, the Clintons are just as incompetent.  Had they been competent,
Bin Laden could have never masterminded 911, and Ambassador Stevens would still
be enjoying Christmas with his family

And SIRS...lots of people including children would be alive had Clinton
not been so incompetent to allow the OK City bombing happen during
his watch.

Oh yea...onder who's watch was that?  Suffice to say C, that was merely some "mistakes" made.  No biggie, move along.  They all had (D's) after their names, so in reality, they did nothing wrong....it was those bloody Republicans and Bush's fault....the 1st one, of course

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 02:36:48 PM »
Condi screwed up, She was asleep at the switch. Quit changing the subject.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
How long ago did that happen again?  Oy yea, far longer than Hilary's more recent incompotence. I realize these inconvenient truths keep getting in the way of a good anti-GOP/Anti-Condi rant, but that's tough.  Hilary screwed up....asleep at the switch apparently.  Bill screwed...thus the distraction leading to his level of incomptence that could have prevented 911 from ever being planned

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
How does say Hillary Clinton screwed up in a matter where few lives were lost erase that Rice screwed up and thousands of lives were lost?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »
So, now its a #'s game.....ok, that puts Bill way out in the lead, since the Oklahoma bombing occured "under his watch", and he could have taken out Bin Laden, "under his watch", which would have prevented 911.  Shall we go on?

And how exactly was Condi supposed to have discovered this plot? while Hillary was provided copious requests for added security which WOULD have prevented loss of life??  Oh, that's right, she has a (D) after her name, so that makes it ok    ::)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
Looking back, I think Clinton should have done more after the first bombing, of course. I don't know that this would have included a Dept of Homeland Security. As I recall, there were a lot of righties yammering about black helicopters and detention camps in Arizona. I doubt that Clinton could have created a dept of Homeland Security.

The Republicans did this country no favor when they spent millions and months on the impeachment case against Clinton. They knew they would never have the votes to impeach from the get-go. All they did was try to prevent Clinton from doing anything. The nation was never threatened by Monica Lewinsky or even Clinton's ****.

No.

There was just one vote short.

And John Glenn drove a hard bargain for his, a trip into orbit in return for the vote.

I wrote a letter to Max Cleland, his reply was indecipherable , it had the appearance of several unrelated paragraphs cut out of different magazine articles, he lost my vote , which BTW he had the previous election.

Just one vote from justice Clinton beat the rap.

A very near thing.

I do not know that President Gore would have dome something more effective to reduce the threat of AlQuieda.

But could he possibly have done less?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
The impeachment hearings were a waste of time and money and had nothing to do with  Clinton's leadership.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 10:23:37 PM »
Per your parameters,  under his watch,  he couldn't have been more incompetent