Author Topic: You know, the more I read the more I  (Read 6854 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: You know, the more I read the more I
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 11:13:15 PM »
Nah .

I decided to be semi-retired and give back to the community

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
Why would Iran choose to attack Poland? I have never heard that Poles and Iranians had any sort of hostilities towards one another.

The Poles and the Iranians have in the past shared a dislike for the Russians. The Poles helped wipe out a whole lot of Jews, and Ahmedinejad seems to dislike Zionists, all of whom are Jews.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 01:07:38 AM »
Why would Iran choose to attack Poland? I have never heard that Poles and Iranians had any sort of hostilities towards one another.

I guess you didn't look at the missile information that BT linked.

Here is the range of their longest flight missile, with it's largest payload (1,030kg) - note that Alaska is in range (everything light in color):

And here is the range if they decreased the payload to 480kg (still a sizeable warhead):

You'll note that YOU are in range of these Iranian missiles.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
======================================================
Fictitious Iranian missiles with even more fictitious warheads.  Wooooo! am I scared! NOT! JUst bogus CIA crap and Zionist propaganda.

I observe that Poland is not anywhere between the US and Iran. I also note that presumably, this is why we piss away so much loot on aircraft carriers: because they can come between pretty much any foreign country and the US. So, which is pretty much bogus and imaginary, just like Iraq's WMD's, hardly explains any reason for bases in Poland, other than to annoy the Russians.

Iran has no reason to attack the US. None. Israel is an annoyance to Iran, but it is not , I repeat NOT the 51st state, and is basically a beggar nation that has been in a parasitic relationship with the US for far too long.

Amedinejahd has no control over Iranian foreign policy, and his rants against the Israelis are just that: rants, just as theirs against him are also rants.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 02:23:06 AM »
How do you know this?

Do you have evidence that Iran DOES have weapons? If so, present it.

As you should know, one cannot prove a negative. Once more, Israelis and Jews with heebie-jeebies are being used to pep up the arms industry, as have been done many, many times before, at great cost and no benefit.

Proof being impossible we must act on assumptions .

Assumptions being errors on the hoof , should we error on the side of caution or on the side of politeness?

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 02:39:34 AM »
I realize Miss Henny, our tax dollars going all over the globe, the Middle East included.  The issue here again, is the idea of sending more tax dollars (where we're having all kinds of economic issues here), to Arab schools in hopes of facilitating them to like us more, and thus not choose terrorist activities.  There'll be no official U.S. observer verifying the curriculum or how our money is being spent.  There will be no audits or oversight.  and last time I looked, despite the multitudes of public schools and the gazillions of money we spend right here on public education, gangs still flourish in the urban centers of the country

And the point that you make in that we already send $$$, yet they still don't care too much for the U.S. simply reinforces the void in so much of liberal intervention via government mandate ideas, throw money (our TAX dollars) at a problem, and if it doesn't help.....throw more.

So no, it's not brilliant, when the problem still exists, and the notion is we simply need to spend more money....especially when its other people's money.  If you or Obama could demonstrate ACTUAL validated reduction in the amount of terrorists being produced in the middle east by the monies provided so far, or at the very least, demonstrate that such a program would include U.S. oversight on the curriculums being presented to the children, then we might have someplace to start.  But simply proclaiming that we're going to send more $$$$ and hope upon hope it'll be helpful in decreasing terrorist recruiting, misses the entire notion of responsibility and judgement

Sirs, if you just want to discuss the concern about where American money is going in a time of crisis, point well taken.

But since foreign funding isn't going to stop under any president, let's discuss the issues at stake here.

First, in regards to the schools - how do you know there will be no audits or oversights? You know that for sure? Because what I know about any foreign schools put in the Middle East, be they American, British or French is that there is a great amount of oversight. Their programs and curriculums have to equally match the programs in the countries of their origin to the point where the children could walk out of the school and into a school in the host country with no transition problems. On the high school level of the American schools, for example, the teens have to be totally prepped to S.A.T.'s, which is entirely an American thing.

And I disagree with your conclusion that "OK, we tried, we spent a fortune and nothing changed." How fast do you want those changes? And what can be more brilliant than educating the youth of a culture? This is the kind of program that takes years to see fruition.

I cannot show you actual numbers for the reduction of terrorism; that is for experts in these studies to analyze - and even then you'll only get estimates and approximations.

But Sirs, seriously, everything starts with the youth. You can change the mind of adults so well, but you CAN give their kids something else to learn from.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »

I guess you didn't look at the missile information that BT linked.

Here is the range of their longest flight missile, with it's largest payload (1,030kg) - note that Alaska is in range (everything light in color):

And here is the range if they decreased the payload to 480kg (still a sizeable warhead):

You have found some terriffic graphics , would it be possible to show these with the trajectorys that overfly Poland subtracted?

I know that is a lot to ask.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
You have found some terriffic graphics , would it be possible to show these with the trajectorys that overfly Poland subtracted?

I know that is a lot to ask.

The tool I used does not have that as an option, because it's designed for commercial airplane flight. Let me think if there is a way I can combine the graphic outputs simply.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »
Nah .

I decided to be semi-retired and give back to the community

Good for you! Preferring power over money is a rare trait for a Repud.I bet you get some nice perks , tho. Huh?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
Good for you! Preferring power over money is a rare trait for a Repud.I bet you get some nice perks , tho. Huh?

Little power, zero perks.

Knutey

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »

Little power, zero perks.

Sounds like a perfect job foe any Repud. It will keep you from doing any more damage

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
Sounds like a perfect job foe any Repud. It will keep you from doing any more damage

It's perfect for me at this stage of my life.

Thanks for your support.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 07:30:55 PM »
I realize Miss Henny, our tax dollars going all over the globe, the Middle East included.  The issue here again, is the idea of sending more tax dollars (where we're having all kinds of economic issues here), to Arab schools in hopes of facilitating them to like us more, and thus not choose terrorist activities.  There'll be no official U.S. observer verifying the curriculum or how our money is being spent.  There will be no audits or oversight.  and last time I looked, despite the multitudes of public schools and the gazillions of money we spend right here on public education, gangs still flourish in the urban centers of the country

And the point that you make in that we already send $$$, yet they still don't care too much for the U.S. simply reinforces the void in so much of liberal intervention via government mandate ideas, throw money (our TAX dollars) at a problem, and if it doesn't help.....throw more.

So no, it's not brilliant, when the problem still exists, and the notion is we simply need to spend more money....especially when its other people's money.  If you or Obama could demonstrate ACTUAL validated reduction in the amount of terrorists being produced in the middle east by the monies provided so far, or at the very least, demonstrate that such a program would include U.S. oversight on the curriculums being presented to the children, then we might have someplace to start.  But simply proclaiming that we're going to send more $$$$ and hope upon hope it'll be helpful in decreasing terrorist recruiting, misses the entire notion of responsibility and judgement

Sirs, if you just want to discuss the concern about where American money is going in a time of crisis, point well taken.  But since foreign funding isn't going to stop under any president, let's discuss the issues at stake here.

First, in regards to the schools - how do you know there will be no audits or oversights?

Because if there were, we'd see such attached to such an agenda.  Specifically to alleviate the concerns folks like myself have.  For those who have no problem with where our tax dollars go, so long as "the rich" and "Big *insert massive corporation here*" are the ones being taxed to pay for it, it doesn;t matter if there is or isn't any oversight.  I can thorougly understand why there wouldn't be, as it would be perceived as the U.S. meddling in another country's policies and education of their children.  I can even see the cries of propoganda be wailed by not just people in thos countries, but the hard core leftists right here.  Naaa, they'd prefer we send more $$$$, no strings attached, and then we hope and pray it's supposed to help

Could you alleviate my fears by linking me to the Omama site that provides the oversight and audits that are to be imposed prior to these billions more going overseas??

And I disagree with your conclusion that "OK, we tried, we spent a fortune and nothing changed." How fast do you want those changes? And what can be more brilliant than educating the youth of a culture? This is the kind of program that takes years to see fruition.

With all due respect Miss Henny, the speed at which I would have been expecting changes have been ongoing for decades, specifically here.  More money, decreasing results.  MORE money, continually decreasing results.  Since the 60's, we've been increasing our education budgets, practically exponentially, while test scores continually decline.  So, let's flip the question.  When does one realize that simply adding more monies, while watching said programs continuously fail at their goals, connect?  How long do you wait and what's the ceiling of other people's money do you apply?

But Sirs, seriously, everything starts with the youth. You can change the mind of adults so well, but you CAN give their kids something else to learn from.

Miss Henny, I HOPE you're not of the camp that if I don't support X for the children, I must be against the children.  That tactic by both sides around here gets pretty sickening.  If you don't support this massive ineffectuai, bureaucratic, bloated, inefficient program for "the children", or for "the enviroment", or for whatever, that supposedly means you're anti-children, anti-enviorment, anti-whatever.  Yes, kids do learn, and I would hope that our monies aren't necessary to educate them that the U.S., isn't really all that bad.  That's literally trying to bribe them.  Show me some direct oversight on curriculum, including the efforts to truely demonize terrorist acts, then we can go from there
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:27:25 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
It is not bribing children to teach them how Americans see things through the eyes of their own culture. If the Indians sent a Sikh around to American schools to explain what Sikhs believe, why they do not cut their hair, and why they wear turbans, would that be bribery?

The Benjamin Franklin Libraries and the old USIA did a lot of good in encouraging a better understanding of other culturs. When I lived in Mexico City, I used to go down to the Franklin Library, pay $5 pesos (40ยข) and practice English with Mexican students. So did lots of Americans living in Mexico.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:21:19 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 08:28:52 PM »
Good to see that Xo is going to demand some U.S. oversight and involvment in Arab school curiculums, where U.S. dollars are going.  Glad to have you on board
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle