Author Topic: The Gipper was smiling.  (Read 1630 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Gipper was smiling.
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

Ronald Reagan had to be looking down and smiling.

Been in the public eye one week and 37 million watched you!

Way to go Sarah! You nailed it. We are so proud of you!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Gipper was smiling.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:56 AM »
Reagan is dead.

If it helps you to think he is looking down from a cloud between rehearsals in the Choir Celestial, go ahead and think that.

I noted that Nancy was nowhere to be seen at the convention. She was as absent as Dick Cheney.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:36:18 AM »
I noted that Nancy was nowhere to be seen at the convention.

You pick the weirdest things to fixate on. She was recently released from the hospital after a fall in her home.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
The Republicans always trot out Nancy at their conventions. It is as predictable as the Sun in the morning. Nancy in a red dress.

I suppose we won't see her again, except in a box.

What is much more indicative is how there was no appearance by Dick Cheney, nor was his name even mentioned even once by anyone.

Not

even

once.

In 2000, just after he was nominated with the usual hoopla, Juniorbush said that Cheney would be his successor.

Of course, there were EXTREMELY important events he had to attend to in Azerbaijan. Really pressing. Honest!
It's not like he was typically skulking in his Undisclosed Location, lumping along like Igor down the darkened corridors of his lair with that sneer on his lip and disdain for our opinion of the godawful mess he made.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »
For those of you who are religiously minded, and to most Latin Americans, it should be pretty clear that if The Gipper is anywhere right now, he is burning in the fires of Hell, and that he hasn't been smiling since he got there.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
What is much more indicative is how there was no appearance by Dick Cheney, nor was his name even mentioned even once by anyone.

You watched the entire thing?

In 2000, just after he was nominated with the usual hoopla, Juniorbush said that Cheney would be his successor.

I always that Cheney said from the beginning that he wasn't going to run for president.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »
I guess Truman is there too. He founded the School of the America's.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 10:47:34 AM »
<<I guess Truman is there too. He founded the School of the America's.>>

Goes to show ya.  Once you get there, ya never know who's gonna be on the next grill over.  I hope they only sent Harry to purgatory.  He's not ALL bad.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
I always that Cheney said from the beginning that he wasn't going to run for president.
==============================================

Cheney may have said this, and certainly has repeated it often, the last time when he insulted the entire state of West Virginia as inbred hicks. But at the end of the convention, for whatever reason, JUniorbush blathered something about Dick Cheney in 2008.

By the time he shot a friend in the face while hunting cage-bred pheasants, it was clear that he was far more unpopular than Quayle or Agnew and had no chance of being taken seriously as a candidate by anyone.

I did not watch the whole GOP Convention, as the speeches were far too annoying to endure. But I am sure no one mentioned the vile Cheney even once. I welcome your showing me anything to the contrary.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
Goes to show ya.  Once you get there, ya never know who's gonna be on the next grill over.  I hope they only sent Harry to purgatory.  He's not ALL bad.

Do Protestants have purgatory?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
<<Do Protestants have purgatory?>>

Wouldn't Anglicans?  I didn't see Truman as a particularly religious man, though.  Or Ike.  Read somewhere that Ike never even belonged to a church till he became President and then did so only for the sake of appearances.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »
Many of our best presidents were only nominally religious.

I find Christian mythology lacking as a scenario for imaginative retribution. I prefer the Buddhist concept of reincarnation.

I am thinking that Reagan might have come back as a cheerful sylvan creature, perhaps a squirrel. 

Nixon surely returned as something grumpier  and more lumbering than that. Wolverine? Badger? Mongoose?

I am thinking that Juniorbush will appropriately return as a Texas Armadillo, but one that lived out of a normal environment for an armadillo, perhaps a tad too close to I-95 through Connecticut  or perhaps Maine, near Skinnyskunkport. I see him squashed for multiple generations as an appropriate karmic retribution.

Cheney needs to return as something endangered, perhaps with scales, and attempting to survive near a wellhead on the North Slope, or perhaps a seal or gannet near an oil spill.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:22 AM »
I welcome your showing me anything to the contrary.

I barely watched any of it; it was all grandstanding anyway.

Glad to see that you haven't changed - make claims with no plans to ever provide any substantiation.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »
I did watch all of Juniorbush's speech, and he made no mention of Cheney. He's the most likely one to do this.

I am confident that they did not mention him at all. It was tactically wise: no one likes the Sumbitch, and he holds the people in contempt as well.

I agree that most of both conventions amounted to annoying grandstanding, puffery and stupid hyperbole. I am sure they enjoyed hollering  "Yew Ess Hay, Ess  Hess Hay" and such, but they were either really stupid or under the alcofluence of incohol, and I wouldn't have enjoyed this even if I had been similarly impaired.

I fail to see why I should have to listen to 50 hours of stupidity to convince you of something when it really doewsn't matter much to me, anyway.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »
I fail to see why I should have to listen to 50 hours of stupidity to convince you of something when it really doewsn't matter much to me, anyway.

I fail to see why you insist on making claims that you don't know are true, especially when it "really doewsn't (sic) matter much" to you anyway.