Author Topic: question about prolife &religion  (Read 5673 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: question about prolife &religion
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
Many in my wife's side of the family called it "selfish" and refused to come to a dinner we had to introduce her to the rest of the family and it has stirred quite alot of angst for sure.

=========================================================================

I suppose that one could call adopting a child from another country and/or race many things, but I can't see how anyone could logically call this "selfish".

I think that people should
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2007, 06:04:21 PM »
Many in my wife's side of the family called it "selfish" and refused to come to a dinner we had to introduce her to the rest of the family and it has stirred quite alot of angst for sure.
=============================================
What is the logic behind calling this "selfish"? I suppose one might call adopting a child of a different race or cultural background a number of things, but I can't se where anyone could call this "selfish".

I think anyone should have whatever number of children they can support and raise, and that others should recognize that this is none of their business.
It is no doubt more difficult to raise a child that doesn't look like you, but these days people should be bright enough to figure out that this is unimportant and none of their concern.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2007, 11:14:44 PM »
Now, religion is not a topic of particular

Seems to me that with your screenname that makes as much sense as saying I don't care much for pooches!  lol.

Actually, I picked it after I saw someone in another forum call another poster a "religious dick", and I found the double entendre amusing. Does it refer to a religious fellow named Dick? Or somebody who's religiously a dick? Or a religious guy who's being a dick? Kind of a verbal Rubik's cube....

The problem isn't that abortion is legal. The problem is a population that's so eager to take advantage of the fact.

Well said.

Thank you. As I've said, I'm not particularly religious myself, but it's instructive to observe the progress of societies that are, and societies that aren't.

You notice Muslim societies aren't having problems with depopulation. Neither are the pockets of the West where Christianity is still practiced and taken seriously. What they both have in common is faith, and a belief they have a way of life worth preserving. And they're willing to fight for it! While they're frequently dismissed as ignorant yahoo's, the fact is it's the secular liberals who are dying off. Apparently Darwin doesn't show any particular favoritism to his fan club.....
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke