Author Topic: Iraq inva was a mistake. Period. Hey Rubio: ¡Cállate, pendejo!  (Read 2271 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iraq inva was a mistake. Period. Hey Rubio: ¡Cállate, pendejo!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 03:52:22 PM »
I do not think that any speculation about what some contemporary person might have done at some period in the past can ever be "spot on".

Just as making an error in a prediction can never be called "lying".
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »
I do not think that any speculation about what some contemporary person might have done at some period in the past can ever be "spot on".

Sure it can.  If the 2014 New England Patriots were to play the Universtity of Tennesee at Chatoonoga's 1914 football team, the Patriots would have steamrolled them.  It's taking action(s) of the contemporary, and applying them to historical comparisons, & deducing outcomes from them.  Some of which would be pretty "spot on"

Just as making an error in a prediction can never be called "lying".

And who was predicting what exactly?  I hope you're not trying to lay claim to Obama's overt proclamation.."....period", which was anything but a prediction
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:40:12 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
No prediction can ever be seen as accurate unless the predicted events actually occurred.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »
Still didn't answer my question however......who are you referring to in predicting....what exactly.  Of course a prediction isn't a lie.  Unless you're one of those Global warming cultists of course
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 04:49:27 PM »
No prediction can ever be a lie, whether the predicted result occurs or fails to do so.

I never even understand your cockamamie questions, so do not expect me to answer them.
It can only be a bad prediction or an inaccurate one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
No prediction can ever be a lie, whether the predicted result occurs or fails to do so.

Sure it can...when you're "predicting" on a knowingly false premise.  Lying is all about intent.  If you know something and state something you know to be untrue, that's a lie.  If you claim some "prediction", but are basing that on a knowingly false premise or narrative, that's a lie as well

I never even understand your cockamamie questions, so do not expect me to answer them.

You're the one claiming a prediction can't be a lie.  You're the one that injected the notion of "prediction" in this thread, to begin with.  I'm just trying to figure why and where you pulled it from.  Are you referring to anyone specific, or is this a general concept?....that I just refuted above

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
No prediction can ever be seen as accurate unless the predicted events actually occurred.

I predict if XO jumps off the top of the Empire State Building he will die,
and that prediction has not yet happened.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »
Again, that is simply a prediction based on the odds.

If someone says "you can survive a jump from the Empire State Building" they are not lying, they are giving very poor advice.

No action is certain until it has occurred.

Is every state lottery lying when they constantly show happy lottery winners cavorting over their wins and never showing the poor fool who buys $1000 worth of tickets based on his cat's birthday and loses it all?

I say they are not lying, they are merely knowingly deceiving the public with deliberately bad advice.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
If someone says "you can survive a jump from the Empire State Building" they are not lying, they are giving very poor advice.

yeah sure.....lol
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
It is conceivable,  though highly improbable that one might be saved by an unexpected wind current or something.

Here is a story about a guy who survived a 47 foot fall.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/01/how_to_survive_a_47story_fall.html

Actually, if I were foolish enough to attempt to jump off the Empire State Building, I would almost certainly survive, because it is very difficult to get to a place where one can jump off.

===============================
Here is a what happened to one fool who tried this:

Newser) – You don't expect a story that begins "man jumps off Empire State Building" to end well. But a Massachusetts tourist has been given a second chance after his suicide attempt—in which he climbed a fence lining the building's 86th floor observation deck just before midnight Wednesday and jumped off—was interrupted by the 85th floor. The 33-year-old landed one floor down and was taken to Bellevue with a broken ankle. The New York Post reports that he faces charges of reckless endangerment, trespassing, and disorderly conduct.
======================================
And then there is this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/sky-fall-man-tumbles-empire-state-building-article-1.1326967

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
So someone(s) that managed to survive a 1-3 story fall, you actually give them odds they'd survive a fall from the top of the Empire State building??  Seriously??

This is the planet earth where gravity can only be manipulated by God, the sun & the moon.  Did you not see any of the 911 video, where people were jumping from the uppoer levels of the WTC, to avoid being burned alive?  Did you not see the pulverized remains of what once were human beings, spread all around the base of the WTC??  There is a 100% chance of complete and utter death upon jumping from the top of the empire state building.  There is no wind that will save you, only the miraculous hand of God

In other words, completely inconceivable

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

In other words, completely inconceivable

Well....

In WWII Europe hundreds of men were falling out of broken aircraft, over forest and snow bank and swamp.
       There were a few survivors.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »
Again, it is bad advice, not lying.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
Again, it is utterly and completely inconceivable, since the bottom of the empire state building isn't surrounded by trees with branches to break one's fall or high bank snow drifts, or a moat.  Concrete has no give, and physics can not be altered
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:04:52 PM by sirs »