Author Topic: Famousd Texan denied voter ID card. Guess which Party he belongs to.  (Read 1930 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Famousd Texan denied voter ID card. Guess which Party he belongs to.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 10:23:57 PM »
Exactly
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:44 AM »
I think an expired photo ID drivers license would suffice, if the photo looked like him.

Black people and Hispanics are more likely to be poor, less likely to drive a car, change residences much more often, and have the sort of job where taking a day off gets you fired.  The Republican'ts know this and use it to their advantage to diminish the possibility that they will have a valid ID. When I take the bus downtown here in Miami, I am usually the only White Anglo person on the bus. The only one of as many as 50 passengers.

This is a case of using statistical data about race and ethnicity to prevent Democrats from voting. They have had numerous meetings in which this was discussed and planned. Every ruse that will diminish the size of the Democrats voting in South Florida is used.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:28 AM »
although i really like the idea of doing everything possible to prevent voter fraud
i have questioned for years how effective photo-ID's will be in preventing illegals from voting
don't millions of illegals have drivers licenses?
and driver's licenses do not address citizenship do they?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
The driver's licenses state the nationality of the driver.

If the states refused to give driver's licenses, then illegals will drive illegally, and without a license, they cannot buy insurance. They also tend to not register the vehicle in their name.  If they have a wreck, they flee. If the car is too badly damaged, they flee on foot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
I think an expired photo ID drivers license would suffice, if the photo looked like him.

What you think and what's legal are 2 very different things.  Lesson learned....if you want to make sure your vote counts, don't let any of your photo ID's expire.  Period.  Applies to all parties, all ages

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 06:01:57 PM »
Please try to keep up. I was discussing with Plane what I would personally accept as an ID from Jim Wright in the improbable event that I was asked to cash a check from him. I am not obliged to assume the same requirements of the Texas Legislature of Highly illogical dickheads.

I think it is pretty clear that the Texas legislature is an assemblage with a high number of ratbag right wing stooges, dorks and outright pricks. If I had the misfortune to live in Texas, I would be sure to make sure I could vote the Republican'ts in their number out of office.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »
Please try to keep up....THIS IS A DEBATE FORUM.....you interjected the nonense of this Democrat supposedly being disenfranchised, when he was going to vote.  What you would accept as validation of who is is, is irrelevent.   It's what the state requires to vote, and a photo id is the MINIMUM that any state should require to something so important as voting.

What you did expose for all to see is the ongoing belief that minorities are just not smart enough to figure things out.  They need the help of......lemme guess, more Government, because they just can't manage it themselves 

Lesson learned, if you want your vote to count, don't let any of your legal photo ID's expire...which APPLIES TO ALL PARTIES, ALL AGES, AND ALL RACES.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:03 AM »

Black people and Hispanics are more likely to be poor, less likely to drive a car, change residences much more often, and have the sort of job where taking a day off gets you fired.  The Republican'ts know this and use it to their advantage to diminish the possibility that they will have a valid ID. When I take the bus downtown here in Miami, I am usually the only White Anglo person on the bus. The only one of as many as 50 passengers.

This is a case of using statistical data about race and ethnicity to prevent Democrats from voting. They have had numerous meetings in which this was discussed and planned. Every ruse that will diminish the size of the Democrats voting in South Florida is used.

This is just so easy to correct.
About one percent of Hillary Clinton's war chest would pay the cost to get an ID for every one of them.

I was at two banks today , do you know what I had to present both times?

Photo ID .

Why be satisfied with having so many Democrats hamstrung in banking , and a dozen other good uses for positive ID?

No , I call BS on the whole idea.

There is a real Democratic crutch in cheating , and acting as if measures that prevent cheating are harm exclusively to Democrats , is Democrats insulting Democrats.

If it really bothers you that ID -less people are disenfranchised , find one , offer to carry him to the DMV and pay the cost to reinfranchise him.

We can't be talking about a lot of people , I would bet it is less than an hundred in a city like Miami, this problem could be solved in an afternoon with less effort than a typical phone survey.

Find those hundred people and help them , not just to vote , but to cash checks , find employment , register for government programs for financial assistance , enroll in schools and open bank accounts.

If this is important at all hunt them down and don't let one of them get away , drag them in to the various offices that produce suitable documents and force them to get on the grid and join the matrix.

Republicans are not going to do this , as far as I know there is not one Republican in this Nation that has no ID.
We have all taken care of this for ourselves thank you.