Author Topic: Code words from the reactionary right  (Read 1278 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Code words from the reactionary right
« on: November 29, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »
For  this next election, better be sure you know what they are really saying.....'cause their racist, xenophobic, anti-science, anti-government, billionaire bosses understand exactly what they mean....and even their racist, xenophobic, anti-science, anti-government, but very retarded, voter base understand #4 thru 10.

1. "small businesses" really mean large corporation

2. "simpler tax" means more tax cuts for the wealthy

3. "secure medicare" means destroy it

4. "repair and replace obamacare" means destroy it

5. "secure the borders first" means treat Hispanics as second-classed citizens

6. "all lives matter" means we need to shut-up and take our murders like men

7. "horrified by planned parenthood" means I really need evangelicals in my camp

8. "take America back" means get them African Americans out of our White House!

9. "the economy is in turmoil" means obama saved America from a Great Depression

10. "I won't lead from behind" means I'm starting wars with Iran, Syria and maybe Russia too.

(Thanks to Joelgp for the list)

+ - 0

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Code words from the reactionary right
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »
  Now I need new words for "small business", for when I mean a business that is small.

"Code Words" that the left has to teach us all so that the right will be properly understood is a highly silly thing, from the Democratic committee for high silliness.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
There is no real word for small business.

Microbusiness would be one choice.

Family Farms tend to be outfits like the Ernest and Julio Gallo Corporation, or the J.M. Smucker Co.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
lol...such crock.  I guess we need to provide an equivalent example of ridiculous hyperbole
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
  Small farms are uncommon in our age because our government has collectivized them into mega business with taxes that a small farm can't pay and assistance that you need a staff of bookkeepers to claim.

This is the main effect of the Death tax for example.

Small businesses tend to consolidate for the same reason.

The government just does not favor "small" they make all the breaks for the guys that can maintain a lobbyist or ten.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »
So let's take these "examples" of conservative speak, and diagnose which track our good professor attempts to adhere to.  We can really place them in 3 categories:
1) Arguing an issue no one is making
2) Gross misrepresentation of the issue
3) Bald Face Lie

1. "small businesses" really mean large corporation

Mostly a 1), with a little bit of 2).  When referencing small businesses, conservatives and Republicans are nearly always referencing businesses with no more than 100 employees.  The xo's of the left would like to make this about BIG businesses and corporations, that way they can argue how much money they make (ignoring of course those times when they lose a ton of money.  Unless of course your a Union-centric big business, in which case you're not allowed to fail, thanks to an ever vigilant Government to bail it out with tax payer monies

2. "simpler tax" means more tax cuts for the wealthy

This is definitely closer to 3), although sprinkled with a little bit of 2).  Tax cuts are for EVERYONE who pays taxes.  "Simpler" is one that is simpler for EVERYONE who pays taxes, be they wealthy, upper middle class, middle class, and those in the lower class who happen to pay taxes.  The simple truth is that from a gross amount, a 5% tax cut for EVERYONE, means that "the wealthy" may receive a bigger cut $ wise, but its only because they payed more in taxes to begin with.  The % is the same for everyone, but because "the rich" pay more, they would get more back.  But the left loves to use this lie that tax cuts are supposedly for the "the rich".  I'm no where near "the rich", but a hypothetical 5% tax cut for me would be an even greater assist than 5% for someone like Soros.  But I'm also not jealous that Soros would get more back in total $'s, since the % of tax cut is the same for he and I.  Why should I be bothered that he got more back?  He payed more, to begin with

3. "secure medicare" means destroy it

This again would be all 3).  It's imploding all on its own.  It can NOT fiscally sustain itself, much like Social Security.  It's just simple math.  "Securing" anything is reforming it to the point that it can remain solvent and not be destroyed within.  Leave it to the left though, to spread this lie, and scare as many people as possible with it

4. "repair and replace obamacare" means destroy it

This is mostly 2).  Yes, it needs destroyed, its crap, and was never meant to do what it was promised to do.  It was 1st and foremost an effort to gut the private Health Care System, we relied on.  Used a ton of false promises and out and out lies, like keeping your doctor, keeping your insurance, containing costs, etc, lie, etc.  Yes, it needs to be gutted, and to secure a .....wait for it.....BIPARTISAN PIECE OF LEGISLATION, that BOTH parties can support, or at least agree to.  Yes, The Dems won't get their Government gets to dictate everything want, and the Republicans don't get Government completely out of the way want.  Insurance Companies will make profits, but they will also be mandated to take on indiviuals with pre-existing conditions.  Everyone gets something, while everyone will also be left with more they wished they could have.  This is the foundation to Government function.....compromise, with placing the country, its citizenry, and most importantly, being fiscally responsible with that tax payer's $$$$, 1st, and not some ideological agenda.   No more of this We need to pass it in order to see what's in it crap

5. "secure the borders first" means treat Hispanics as second-classed citizens

This is front and center 3).  Secure the border 1st means that since we can't trust a Democrat as far as we could throw one, when it comes to national security and enforcing CLEAR FEDERAL LAW, it means before any "comprehensive immigration reform", the Dems must demonstrate a willingness to secure our border.  No one is treated as "2nd class", especially anyone here LEGALLY.  There is no right to be in this country, if you come from another...period.  You want to come here, great....GET IN LINE, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

6. "all lives matter" means we need to shut-up and take our murders like men

Mostly 2), with alot of 3) spread around.  "All lives matter" means that ANY death is to be considered tragic.  If its found to be a murder, than absolutely all those responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  It also means that WE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME A MURDER JUST BECAUSE OF COLOR.  FACTS demonstrate if its murder or not.

7. "horrified by planned parenthood" means I really need evangelicals in my camp

This has to be mostly 2), with some 1).  To be honest however, not sure what this is supposed mean.  Horrified that an organization, receiving tax dollars is in the business of selling "baby parts".  Yea, that's pretty horrific.  Not sure what Evangelicals have to do with anything, though

8. "take America back" means get them African Americans out of our White House!

This is pretty much all 3), with a little bit of 1).  Race has squat to do with any of the policies that is royally screwing this country, & sending it into an economic, debt riddled black hole.  The President could be Jimmy Carter, and it still be "take America back".  But its a convenient lie to use, none-the-less

9. "the economy is in turmoil" means obama saved America from a Great Depression

Mostly all 2).  We're STILL in a depressed state.  The simple fact is that Obama has initiated a "new normal", that the Lame Scream Media has lapped up.  GDP's now lower than ever for a supposed "recovery".  More people out of the job market altogether than any other time in modern history.  More people on food stamps than ever before.  More people in poverty, than when Obama took office.  He didn't save us from anything outside of some hard choices that should have been made, vs bailing out every high end big banks & industries that donated millions to political coffers, to claim the mantra of "too big to fail"

10. "I won't lead from behind" means I'm starting wars with Iran, Syria and maybe Russia too.

Ahh, kind of back to where we began in that this is mostly 1) with sprinkling of 2).  No one wants to start wars with anyone.  Only that A country and its leader is only respected if its credible....that we mean what we say.  When we make it clear that Iran isn't to to have the capacity to build nuclear weapons, then bend over backwards to get them to agree to a "plan" that allows them to do precisely that, we've guaranteed a war.  When we talk about hitting elements of ISIS, and then hamstring our pilots to the point where we rarely are able to attack elements of ISIS, we embolden them to expand in both territory and carnage.  When we proclaim how they're a "JV team", and that we "have then contained", only to see just how gruesome and far reaching they've become, that would make AlQeada jealous, that's called "leading from behind"

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:58:28 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 10:43:04 AM »
Tax cuts are for EVERYONE who pays taxes. 

uh well you mean those that don't pay income tax don't get an income tax cut?
well how unfairs is dat?

It's imploding all on its own.  It can NOT fiscally sustain itself, much like Social Security. 
It's just simple math. 

just like Obama Care...the math is a big fraud....liberalism is based on lies and deception
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
The American Consumerist Economy, in which every business seeks to grow and grow, and natural resources are depleted at an accelerated rate, as more and more gases and poisonous substances are introduced into the atmosphere and water table is certainly not sustainable.

A system that constantly raises the wealth of a small percentage of the population as it decreases it for the majority of the citizens is not sustainable, either.

Like it or not Texas will be as blue as California. If those old White guys were so effing innovative, they would not have a need to lure companies from California: they would create their own jobs in Texas.

Social Security can be sustained by raising the cap on contributions and moving retirement gradually up to age 70.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »
Putting aside the plethora of meterologists who disagree, I'll see your institute & raise you a volcano......in that 1 volcanic eruption does more to disrupt our atmosphere than anything man can do, outside of a nuclear war

Point being, there's nothing even remotely "settled" with your so-called settled science of global warming

And there's nothing finite about our economy.  The rich don't get richer at the expense of the poor.  EVERYONE can get richer, in this country.  That's the foundation to a capitalist economy.  It's the obstacles applied by lobbiests, who have their beck & call politicians who tend to stack to deck for those folks & institutions that would rather horde monies vs simply growing

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 01:33:42 PM »
The country gets A LOT richer. The 99% do nearly all the work and never manage to progress. All the additional wealth goes to people like the Kochs, the Bushes, the  Romneys and the Donald Trumps.

Those who do the extra work do not get extra pay. They get screwed. And that is not sustainable.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
Of course it is.  What part of this is not a finite economy are you not understanding.  Just because Soros gets richer than you or I, doesn't negate that we can get richer as well      ::)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 05:36:32 PM »
wealth goes to people like the Kochs, the Bushes, the  Romneys and the Donald Trumps..

ha ha....what a joke...leave out mega-wealthy liberals like Zuckerberg, Gates, Soros, Kennedys, John Kerry, Hollywood Commi's
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:18:31 PM »
We COULD get richer if we were in that small group that has our own business and could raise prices. We cannot form a union, and the boss is not giving out raises. The university where I taught for 32 years has had one 3% salary REDUCTION and  a total discontinuation of all employer contributions to the 403(b) plan, which for me would have been another 10%. They did, however, manage to hire three deans to preside over departmental chairmen. And I hear that the president is getting $200,000 per year. My income depends on the money I have invested and Social Security.

When there is a tax cut, the middle class guy gets maybe $500 extra to spend. The bazillionnaire gets a HUGE dollar amount. Of course, the cuts are done in percentages, so they can say that it is "fair".

Sure, Tax Zuckerberg and Gates as well. But they are paupers cmpared with the truly rich.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
No, its not required to be part of your envious small group who simply have more money than you do.  The simple truth is we can ALL get richer.  Some even get to become part of that small group, but that doesn't prevent everyone else from also getting richer, in this country.  I was raised by a single mother, on welfare.  I've become "richer", and not beholden to Government, outside of those services we've always supported, such as roads, police, fire, and national security.  That's all it should be.  Everything else should be left to the states to decide what & how

Nothing is preventing anyone from being successful, and yes, becoming richer, in this country.  Some may even reach that level of Soros rich.  There is no finite level of wealth, that has the rich taking away what the poor could make.  The Government's function is not to try and make everyone equal in riches.  This Government's function is to allow everyone to become as rich as they can.  It's then up to the individual themselves to then do something about it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:47:54 PM by sirs »