Author Topic: Cha-ching! Hillary takes cash from the people that Bill pardoned  (Read 954 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cha-ching! Hillary takes cash from the people that Bill pardoned
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
Pardon Me?

Hillary Clinton Takes Cash From Recipients of Husband's Controversial Pardons

By JAKE TAPPER
Nov. 15, 2007
Font Size

Three recipients of controversial 11th-hour pardons issued by former President Bill Clinton in January 2001 have donated thousands of dollars to the presidential campaign of his wife, Democratic front-runner Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., according to campaign finance records examined by ABC News, in what some good government groups said created an appearance of impropriety.

"It does raise the appearance that this is payback," Melanie Sloan, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, told ABC News.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3866786&page=1

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Cha-ching! Hillary takes cash from the people that Bill pardoned
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »
And just imagine the outcry if this were a Republican.  Lead story on pretty much every major news outlet, & front page of the NYTimes, Washington Post, yada, blah, etc.  But hey, there's no MSM bias       ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »
And just imagine the outcry if this were a Republican.  Lead story on pretty much every major news outlet, & front page of the NYTimes, Washington Post, yada, blah, etc.  But hey, there's no MSM bias       ::)

ABC News is MSM.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »

ABC News is MSM.

Umm, with all due respect Miss Henny, I'd be referring to MSM as ABC News the network, i.e television.  Not some minor link on a website, that is getting no publicized reporting of it.  But you knew that I hope.....right?  And you notice the deafencing silence from all other arms of the MSM, (i.e. Washington Post, NYTimes, LA Times, the other 2 major news networks of CBS & NBC, the major cable news networks of CNN, FNC, MSNBC, CNBC, etc., etc., etc.  A link to an ABC website is not major media coverage.  Then again, this isn't regarding a Republican or Conservative, thus the deafening silence
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:35:03 PM »
To some folks Hillary is Repub Lite and as such she is now  a target.

No one in the press wants the 2008 election to be  cakewalk.

Doesn't bring the eyes to the advertisers.