Author Topic: Bin Laden Dead!  (Read 22345 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bin Laden Dead!
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »
From the standpoint of the victim, torture is the same thing as being killed at the moment is is happening.

Bin Laden would surely rather have been killed than tortured.

From the standpoint of US interests, killing Bin Laden was the bets option by far.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
Burning bodies and leaving them for the vultures are practices of Hindis and Farsis, both of whom are infidels.

Isn't everyone thats not a Muzzie an infidel?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
Actually, to Sunni fundamentalists, everyone who is not a Sunni fundamentalist is an infidel.
Note that the treatment of the dead is a sensitive thing for all cultures. The Americans were especially repulsed by the way the Comanches, the Hurons, and some of the other tribes defiled those they killed. The US Civil War is full of atrocities, but the worst were done to Black Union soldiers by the more lawless Confederate bands, like Forrest, Quantrill and Bloody Bill Anderson.

To dispose of a body with fire or vultures would be so disgusting that it would repulse even Muslims that did not like Bin Laden.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
The US Civil War is full of atrocities
XO speaking of the Civil War....I saw a show this past weekend on CSPAN where
a professor said most of...the over half a million soldiers that died in the civil war
died of diarrhea and disease, not combat....that kind of number surprised me.
I knew it was high....but not over 250,000 high! If they woulda just had some
Imodium! Course 100 years from now they'll be saying almost the exact same
kind of stuff 'bout us.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Lectures-in-History-Civil-War-Medicine/10737421158-1/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:59 PM »
This is true, disease killed huge numbers of troops in the Civil War. A majority of the soldiers were farm boys who lived in isolation, and when they were all mixed up with other farm boys and city boys, many of them immigrants, everyone swapped germs and they died by the thousands. The years during the Civil War were unusually cold ones, and a lot of soldiers froze to death as well.

PBS recently reran Ken Burn's Civil War documentary,and the American Experience series also showed some excellent bios of both Grant and Lee.

One of my 2nd great grandfathers was a surgeon with an Illinois regiment, another was a surgeon with John Bell Hood's Texas Brigade. My father was born in 1902 in North Texas, he said that there was always a bunch of old whiskerandos hanging out and whittling and trading war stories at the hardware store. My father heard a number of these when he was young, and asked his grandfather (the one with the Texas Brigade) about the war, and the old man said, "Son, I have spent the last 45 years trying to forget that war, and you don't want to hear what i have had to see."

He spent the war amputating arms and legs and trying to keep the wounded from dying. The Union grandfather moved to Texas after the war because of some land he had inherited, but he died before my father could talk.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
Rofl, a drive-by onefer for your amusement...

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
Greatness SIRS!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
Hehe....thanks C.  I figure if H is going to take some gratuitous shots at Bush, I figure what's good for the goose.....     ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »
Well, they don't refer to JSOC as Murder Incorporated for nothing. Bin Laden had zero chance of being captured. Once killed they no other place to but him but in the ocean. While it may fuel conspiracy theories anything and everything fuels conspiracy theories in the middle east. Let them think what they want just don't give them a real burial plot to go to.

As for a photograph? He was shot above the left eye. One third of his skull was probably blown off. Imagine what kind of reaction that image would fuel among some muslims?  Remember the reaction to other pictures of our handy work? That's why no photo, for right now anyway.

BSB

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 12:19:35 AM »
Well, they don't refer to JSOC as Murder Incorporated for nothing. Bin Laden had zero chance of being captured. Once killed they no other place to but him but in the ocean. While it may fuel conspiracy theories anything and everything fuels conspiracy theories in the middle east. Let them think what they want just don't give them a real burial plot to go to.

As for a photograph? He was shot above the left eye. One third of his skull was probably blown off. Imagine what kind of reaction that image would fuel among some muslims?  Remember the reaction to other pictures of our handy work? That's why no photo, for right now anyway.

BSB

They had other options besides the sea. As in bring his sorry ass back to some military base and put it in storage for proof or whatever.

And once and for all, fuck the Muslins.  Last time I checked the Muslins weren't too worried about my feelings with regards to their many beheadings. Oh and what are we going to do make them madder than they already are and does that mean they are going to hurt us like they haven't already...geez.

http://www.realogrish.com/beheading-videos/2516-very-graphic-23-beheading-videos-part.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »

BSB

We've seen FAR worse photos....a certain decapitation comes to mind, as well as burned bodies hanging high.  I think we can let this one be shown.  Be a nice wake up call to those who still want to kill Americans, and don't need any provocation to do so

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 12:49:18 AM »
All the information about this mission comes from the people who carried it out. So all the news comes from them as well.
I fail to see why they should lie about something like this. If they did, the truth would come out eventually.

If you are going to say that nothing that the news reports is true, then why even believe that the whole story was false?

It seems logical to me to have a burial at sea, particularly if the Saudis would not take OBL.

As I understand it, burial in the ground and burial at sea are the only two options given in the Koran, or at least given by custom.

Burning bodies and leaving them for the vultures are practices of Hindis and Farsis, both of whom are infidels.

I don't think they're lying. But I am shocked by the attitudes of people who do. They say he's been dead for years... but come on! What president would let this kind of political capital pass? If it happened during Bush's term, he would have announced it with pride and rightly so. That alone, IMO, deflates the whole conspiracy thing.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 12:51:20 AM »

Isn't everyone thats not a Muzzie an infidel?

No - only to the fundamentalist. For mainstream, infidels are people who aren't either Muslim, Christian or Jew ("People of the Book").

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2011, 12:56:39 AM »
Thank you, Henny.

In a month or two, the entire story will be published,and of course, the usual conspiracy-loving clowns will make up their own stories.

The essence swill still be that the CIA planned the mission, Obama approved it and the Seals carried it out without a hitch.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:47 AM »
100% agreed...

...and if this had happened under's Bush's watch, I'd opine there'd be a far different "conclusion", from the same folks currently praising Obama right now     ;)