Author Topic: Wow...Democrats don't want anything to do with defending the indefensible  (Read 5087 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This is apparently how bad its gotten for some Democrats, trying to hold onto power....

Incumbent Democrat Senator Mark Udall wants to limit the number of "open and honest" forums, by declining any actual televised debates with GOP candidate, Cory Gardner. thereby working to ensure that as few voters see them as possible.  Imagine the outrage if this were a sitting Republican Senator, declining all televised debates against a Democrat, at the tail end of the 2nd Gulf War

Other vulnerable Democrats are adopting a similar approach.  New Hampshire's Jeanne Shaheen has avoided holding open town hall meetings (a Granite State staple), and North Carolina's Kay Hagan is bowing out of major debates (she did poorly in her first meeting with Republican Thom Tillis; the GOP is now hammering her for dodging debates, a criticism she successfully leveled against her GOP opponent in 2008). 

Perhaps these Senators would prefer not to be challenged over their lock-step pro-Obama voting records, or their false promises on Obamacare.  That would be a safe bet

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Wow...Democrats don't want anything to do with defending the indefensible
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
I think most Democrats don't want Obama visiting their state before the election either.

They know so many Americans have lost faith in Obama and see his presidency as a failure!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
Here in lies the "problem" that the GOP has.....in that the 2012 Presidential election was theirs to lose....and they did.  The Senate should become Republican controlled this year, but somehow, the GOP Establishment manages to alienate enough voters with their attempt to "get along", that they could snatch failure from the jaws of victory  Dems have no interest in that....they have 1 agenda, pushed by the hard left....fundamentally change the landscape of the electorate to get more folks either working for or beholden to Government services.  That's it, and damn any casualties along the way....in particular liberty & freedom, as clearly outlined by the Constitution

The GOP needs to articulate exactly why such an intrusive and pending ever-expanding oppressive Government is a BAD thing.  Not just to the country, but to individuals  And at the same time, they need to have concrete plans/ideas to push, in order to replace current out-of-control government services.  For instance, the GOP has a myriad of health care ideas, but they can't seem to manange to talk about them with any clarity & conviction
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:41:54 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
The only healthcare message I have heard of from the Republican'ts is REPEAL OBAMACARE. There is no plan that even a majority of Republican'ts  can agree on. They were happy as clams when millions were shut out of insurance entirely because of the "previous condition" trap.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »
That's because your blinders are fully in place, so that your ears aren't allowed to hear anything not pre-programmed to hear as well.  Multiple plans were on the table, both before and after Obamination care.  But since prescious little to any of those plans required massive Government intervention & regulation, they were ignored
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:39:06 PM by sirs »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
Couldn't help but notice the professor's silence towards multiple Dems avoiding debating their opponent counterparts.  No surprise there     8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
I am all for debates. I would be even more for them if they were really serious debates, which they tend not to be.

If we want better campaigns, we should force this by requiring debates. Rick Scott is not debating Charlie Crist, and both sides are resorting to stupid and mendacious slander.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
I am all for debates. I would be even more for them if they were really serious debates, which they tend not to be.

And what parameters would those be?  So are you actually criticizing Udall and these other dems for trying to duck these public debates?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 05:04:20 AM »

If we want better campaigns, we should force this by requiring debates. Rick Scott is not debating Charlie Crist, and both sides are resorting to stupid and mendacious slander.

I totally agree.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »

And what parameters would those be?  So are you actually criticizing Udall and these other dems for trying to duck these public debates?

I suppose we can expect the professor from critizing anyone with a (D) after their name, in trying to avoid actual dialog with the constituents, that they proport to represent

It would seem that they just can't be bothered with trying to defend the indefensible

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
I said what I said. I think elections should be be publicly funded, private donations forbidden entirely and airtime donated to anyone polling at least 10% of the vote by radio and TV stations with no all negative ads allowed. Debates should be required. This goes for Democrats, Republican'ts, Teabaggers, Libertarians and vegetarians, everyone.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
Good thing then, this country has a 1st amendment, and someone like you isn't in charge

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
Why? Do you think that selling politicians as we do now results in anything remotely superior?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »
Who's selling anything??  Complete disclosure.  You give what you want to whom you want.  We know who gives to whom, and how much.  No secret PAC's with cool sounding names like "the Americans for freedom for all Americans", where folks like Soros can dump billions into.  That way everyone can decide if there are any underhanded quid-pro-quo actions by subsequent legislation being pushed directly helping the Soros-like PACs or persons, and the people then can vote their sorry asses right out of politics.....thus removing any buying of politicians