Author Topic: Wow, Shocker. McCain lied about Palin vetting process...  (Read 2290 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wow, Shocker. McCain lied about Palin vetting process...
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »
Ouchie!

Aides Say Team Interviewed Palin Late in the Process

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 2 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was not subjected to a lengthy in-person background interview with the head of Sen. John McCain's vice presidential vetting team until last Wednesday in Arizona, the day before McCain asked her to be his running mate, and she did not disclose the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant until that meeting, two knowledgeable McCain officials acknowledged Tuesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090203462.html?hpid=topnews

Slowly building the case for Palin dumpage.

It's looking more like McCain just wanted to hang around a younger hottie than find a VP candidate.  Sounds like when Bush wanted to "fly" a jet and land on an aircraft carrier.  Just wanted some kicks.

I'm getting the feeling that McCain is in cahoots with the OBama campaign and is seriously trying to throw this whole thing.  How pissed are you guys going to be when you hear the flushing of Palin is official.

But then again, maybe she'll knock it out of the park tonight in front of that audience of 800,000 that will be watching tonight.

:D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Wow, Shocker. McCain lied about Palin vetting process...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:24 AM »
<<and she did not disclose [to McCain] the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant until that meeting [the night before the announcement of her nomination] . . .>>

If THAT'S the truth, it certainly proves that either
1.  McCain is a very slow-witted man (why are we not surprised?) or
2.  He tends to make snap commitments that aren't very smart and is then unable to break them due to either (a) ego, (b) his sense of honour (which seems to function only randomly or intermittently) or (c) both.

I find it very hard to believe, however, that it was disclosed at all to McCain before the announcement.  Why?  Because it would certainly have to come out before the announcement, in order to squelch any speculation that it had been concealed from McCain.  Although it is certainly possible that McCain is just too fucking dumb to realize the implications and failed to mention the thing to his handlers before they announced.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
<<and she did not disclose [to McCain] the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant until that meeting [the night before the announcement of her nomination] . . .>>

If THAT'S the truth, it certainly proves that either
1.  McCain is a very slow-witted man (why are we not surprised?) or
2.  He tends to make snap commitments that aren't very smart and is then unable to break them due to either (a) ego, (b) his sense of honour (which seems to function only randomly or intermittently) or (c) both.

I find it very hard to believe, however, that it was disclosed at all to McCain before the announcement.  Why?  Because it would certainly have to come out before the announcement, in order to squelch any speculation that it had been concealed from McCain.  Although it is certainly possible that McCain is just too fucking dumb to realize the implications and failed to mention the thing to his handlers before they announced.

nonsense - Palins daughter has no relevance.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
<<nonsense - Palins daughter has no relevance.>>

That's probably what McCain thought, too.  Who gives a shit, right?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »
<<nonsense - Palins daughter has no relevance.>>

That's probably what McCain thought, too.  Who gives a shit, right?

Stay tuned for the speech tonight...You really are a sexist aren't you...

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
<<You really are a sexist aren't you...>>

Yeah a real sexist.  Raised two daughters one with M. Sc. from Columbia School of Journalism, one with a M. Sc. from NYU.   Speaking between them French, Italian, Russian and Bahasi Indonesian.  Two girls who've lived and worked  on their own in Russia, Indonesia, France, Canada and the U.S.A.  Girls who we both told from day one could do anything and be anything they wanted to be.  The younger one is months away from her doctorate. 

Sound like sexism to you?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »
<<You really are a sexist aren't you...>>

Yeah a real sexist.  Raised two daughters one with M. Sc. from Columbia School of Journalism, one with a M. Sc. from NYU.   Speaking between them French, Italian, Russian and Bahasi Indonesian.  Two girls who've lived and worked  on their own in Russia, Indonesia, France, Canada and the U.S.A.  Girls who we both told from day one could do anything and be anything they wanted to be.  The younger one is months away from her doctorate. 

Sound like sexism to you?

How do those unprovable claims dispel your sexist rants about Palin? I'm sure child molesters, rapists, wife abusers and women haters post all day long on the net and come off as your everyday squeaky clean nice guy but that doesn't change who they really are. But honestly your personal attacks against both McCain and Palin reveal a very angry person that might be abusive in some way shape or form. Now this all might be an act but with some of the things you have said and your flaring temper I have to wonder what you would do if God forbid your wife burnt the meatloaf.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »
I don't do sexist rants against anyone and I didn't against Palin.  The simple fact is that her "accomplishments" outside the world of politics are negligible, and she's not above using her looks and her body to advance her own interests as appears from the Miss Alaska pageant, which most real feminists would consider an abomination.  It "objectifies women" in feminist lingo.  She took part in the contest, objectified herself as a woman, and now her supporters are demanding that she be respected just as if she had never voluntarily degraded herself in the first place.  Doesn't quite work that way, unfortunately.

This discussion has gotten a little too personal, and I blame myself for it for boasting about our two daughters.  That was, in retrospect, stupid and self-indulgent and shouldn't have happened.  It really lowers the quality of these discussions.  So I won't waste any time in responding to the rest of your post and I apologize for raising the matter in the first place.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »
I don't do sexist rants against anyone and I didn't against Palin.  The simple fact is that her "accomplishments" outside the world of politics are negligible, and she's not above using her looks and her body to advance her own interests as appears from the Miss Alaska pageant, which most real feminists would consider an abomination.  It "objectifies women" in feminist lingo.  She took part in the contest, objectified herself as a woman, and now her supporters are demanding that she be respected just as if she had never voluntarily degraded herself in the first place.  Doesn't quite work that way, unfortunately.

This discussion has gotten a little too personal, and I blame myself for it for boasting about our two daughters.  That was, in retrospect, stupid and self-indulgent and shouldn't have happened.  It really lowers the quality of these discussions.  So I won't waste any time in responding to the rest of your post and I apologize for raising the matter in the first place.

What do pageants have to do with politics? Is that anything like Arnold (in a previous profession) being a weightlifter and entering body building contests and NOW being a governor? Seems like Palin & Arnold have some things in common. Again your thinking appears to be sexist in terms of your odd ability to distinguish between women and men in politics. Where does that thinking come from? Is that taught in Canadian schools or what?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
I don't do sexist rants against anyone and I didn't against Palin.

I guess bimbo is a complimentary term in Canada.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
 :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
oh come on kramer.....Governor Palin is getting a fair shake!

Just look at the two US Magaizine covers!

WHAT MEDIA BIAS?

US Magazine Glowing cover of Obama's! Aweeeeeee how cute!

(why didnt US Magazine headline about Obama snorted coke? what about Obama's Rezko house deal? what about Obama & Rev Wright?.....Shhhhhh.....it's all good with the media & Obama!)

US Magazine hammering Governor Palin with negative garbage!

whats funny is it's gonna backfire on them bigtime!
it's easy to see they are very concerned about not letting the Genie outta the bottle
they are in full panic mode to try and destroy her
it really worked with sitting US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas uh?
LOL
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 02:03:03 PM »
The truth hurts, don't it?

OUCHIE!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »
US Magazine Glowing cover of Obama's! Aweeeeeee how cute!

US Magazine hammering Governor Palin with negative garbage!

=============================================================

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

I thought you conservatives would love that shit.  It's straight out of the Bible.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »
The truth hurts, don't it?

Naaa, grotesque transparent media bias is pretty much the normal faire, now adays
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle