Author Topic: White House courts Al's vote  (Read 1558 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
White House courts Al's vote
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »
White House Courts the Amnesia Vote

Rove masterminds the GOP's latest electoral strategy.
WEB-EXCLUSIVE SATIRE
By Andy Borowitz
Special to Newsweek

Updated: 1:54 p.m. ET Oct. 24, 2006

Oct. 24, 2006 - A man who found himself in Denver with absolutely no memory of who he was or how he got there has now found himself at the epicenter of the midterm election campaign, as the White House moved aggressively today to court his vote.

The amnesia victim, who was known only as "Al" and could not recall any recent events, was instantly pegged as an "ideal voter" by GOP political strategist Karl Rove, who flew the man to Washington today for a private meeting with President Bush in the White House.

"Here's a guy who has no memory of Iraq, Tom DeLay, Jack Abramoff or Mark Foley," Rove told reporters today. "From where I sit, I think we have a chance at getting this guy's vote."

According to White House aides, the amnesia victim's meeting with the president went well, and was capped by Bush presenting him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

"The guy didn't seem to know exactly why he was getting it," one aide said. "But then again, the same could be said of a lot of past recipients."

Rove said that given the president's success with "Al," the White House was currently putting together a national database of amnesia victims to help get them to the polls on Nov. 7.

"Our message to the amnesiacs is clear," Rove said. "You may not remember anything else, but please remember to vote."

Elsewhere, a new Labor Department study shows that Americans with no skills, talents or job prospects will eventually wind up on "Dancing With the Stars."
© 2006 Newsweek, Inc.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15402067/site/newsweek/
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: White House courts Al's vote
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:48:36 PM »
I guess Rove has to figure how how to compete with the Dem's courting of the dead person and illegal immigrant voting blocks
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

The_Professor

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:47:35 PM »
Gosh, if I didn't know better, I might think this was the action of a desparate man.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:26:11 AM »
XO writes funnier than Borowitz