Author Topic: economic consequences of cracking down on illegal immigration  (Read 11072 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: economic consequences of cracking down on illegal immigration
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »
speaking of not reading....

i did not say you said
i said you implied

whatever

you and I both know what your game is
you are trying to discredit because of the source
but the ultimate source of this data is from a LEFT WING think tank
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
No, I am not.

Listen closely:

1. It is not uncommon for the left in Britain to take that opinion on immigration.
2. Immigration is not the same in Britain as it is in the United States.

Most of those immigrants discussed in that study are already part of the UK and have been for some time. Pakistanis for example, have been in Britain for quite some time. It was not long ago that the UK had a very lax law concerning immigrants from fellow Commonwealth and colonial or ex-colonial nations. Much of that changed when Hong Kong refugees came pouring in.

That was my point. The point about the Telegraph which is a respected newspaper, concerns the use of language such as "benefit dependency."

You are much mistaken about "my game." Now if you wish to have a sincere discussion of Britain's immigration, then let's do so.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 02:59:35 PM »
No, I am not.

yes you are
see below
it is underlined

Listen closely:

listen on a message board?
ummm does this board have sound?

1. It is not uncommon for the left in Britain to take that opinion on immigration.

If that is true, so?

2. Immigration is not the same in Britain as it is in the United States.

not much in life is identical

Most of those immigrants discussed in that study are already part of the UK and have been for some time.

so?

Pakistanis for example, have been in Britain for quite some time.

so?

That was my point.

ok that was your point, but if you see below, you admit to an additional point which is exactly what I said

"The point about the Telegraph which is a respected newspaper, concerns the use of language such as "benefit dependency."

You are much mistaken about "my game."

see above

Now if you wish to have a sincere discussion of Britain's immigration, then let's do so.

I wish had time, but even if i had time I am really not sure I would wish to spend alot of time on that subject

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
 ::)

Right. A discussion on semantics (or poor reading comprehension) is worth the time.

A discussion on the real issue of the article you posted would certainly be a waste. No wonder dialogue is dead in this country.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »
Right. A discussion on semantics (or poor reading comprehension) is worth the time.

look, you admitted clear as day an additional point

A discussion on the real issue of the article you posted would certainly be a waste.

yeah a discussion of how the American and British situation is not exactly down to the tenth degree the same
is really worth the time of day.

leftist brit study or not
people(Bush included) that do not think the united states has or should have a sovereign boder and know
and control who crosses that sovereign border are going to eventually cause a civil war in the country,
because this non-sense that is going on at the border is going to stop

No wonder dialogue is dead in this country.

AGREED, yes when people deny what they say/imply and you go back and show them their own words

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »
What I think you're not understanding, JS, is that ChristiansUnited4LessGvt knows what you really mean, and if you say you didn't mean what he knows you mean, then obviously you're lying. Just give up and admit that ChristiansUnited4LessGvt knows your mind even if you don't.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 03:44:42 PM »

leftist brit study or not
people(Bush included) that do not think the united states has or should have a sovereign boder and know
and control who crosses that sovereign border are going to eventually cause a civil war in the country,
because this non-sense that is going on at the border is going to stop

Would you please elaborate on how we end up in a civil war over this?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »
What I think you're not understanding, JS, is that ChristiansUnited4LessGvt knows what you really mean, and if you say you didn't mean what he knows you mean, then obviously you're lying. Just give up and admit that ChristiansUnited4LessGvt knows your mind even if you don't.

now thats funny
still sore
wow
yes i do know what he/she means because as I pointed out those are his/her own words
but you can continue living in fantasy land if you so choose

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 04:07:16 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »
Would you please elaborate on how we end up in a civil war over this?

with limited time i will make it quick
most americans do not like being invaded by a flood of illegal non-citizens
as the illegal invaders become a larger group the two sides will clash over a variety of issues
pockets of many large us cities now look like el salvador or mexico city
most americans do not want to live in el salvador or mexico city
most americans do not want english replaced with spanish as the primary language
most americans do not wish to "press one for english" and why should they?
thus as more and more americans attempt to flee from the "el salvadorization of america"
the two sides will (imo) eventually settle their differences with a civil war
i hope i am wrong, but i doubt i am
insanity usually has a reckoning day

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
what is in a name, really?
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »
It seems to me that in the US the term 'Asian' refers to Chinese, Taiwanese, perhaps Japanese, Singaporean, overseas Chinese (from the Phillipines or Indonesia, etc.)

East Indians and Pakistanis and I suppose Sri Lankans are more correctly referred to as "South Asians".

'Chinese' seems to be a more precise term. For some reason "Chinaman" is considered some sort of slur, while Englishman, Irishman, Welshman and Frenchman are just fine with the English, Irish, Welsh and French. It's not as though anyone is suggesting that the Chinese man in question is fabricated from, you know "china'.

Is the term 'Chinatown' offensive?  I am sure that 'N*gg*rtown is but China is not an offensive word like n*gg*r. Jesse Jackson got in a lot of hot water with the word "Hymietown', although there are surely many men named Chaim, from which the term is derived, in the garment district.

If a person is sort of tall, we can say that they are 'tallish', yet a 'Jewish' person is no less of Hebrew ancestry than a Jew. Jewish does not mean 'sort of a Jew'.

People from the East are from the Orient. People from the West are from the Occident.

Strangely, Oriental is some sort of slur, yet Occidental is never objected to. There is an Occidental University and an Occidental Petroleum. Occidental Life will insure you as well.

In Monopoly, Oriental Avenue was in the low-rent district, though it was more prestigious than Baltic Avenue, which was sort of a gameboard slum.
Rich folks lived on Park Place and Boardwalk. I would have thought that the truly rich could have been able to afford sidewalks made of tile, marble, or at least cement.

It's all rather baffling, isn't it?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
'Chinese' seems to be a more precise term. For some reason "Chinaman" is considered some sort of slur, while Englishman, Irishman, Welshman and Frenchman are just fine with the English, Irish, Welsh and French. It's not as though anyone is suggesting that the Chinese man in question is fabricated from, you know "china'.

Is the term 'Chinatown' offensive?  I am sure that 'N*gg*rtown is but China is not an offensive word like n*gg*r. Jesse Jackson got in a lot of hot water with the word "Hymietown', although there are surely many men named Chaim, from which the term is derived, in the garment district.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
that`s the rub that makes it thee most offensive slur
because the term chinaman is actually unique
ex.Englishman, Irishman, Welshman and Frenchman
is different than chinaman ,but for some reason nobody can see`s it
also the very history of the word is exactly parralel to N@gg@r.
the rule to know if a word is offensive is this
what would a klansman say.
it`s highly doubtful he`ll say chinese
chinaman tends to go on the top of the list same as n-word

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »
got cut off
also chinaman is used just not for chinese,but for the term asians
george takai has often ben called chinaman ,not because nobody knows he`s japanese,but because it`s used as a general term-asian
for some reason people prefer that word over anything else
even chinese use it as a term for low class person of no worth
unlike n-word it never was used as a term of affection.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »
I am not so sure that I would take any quote from a Klansman as an authority on anything. They tend to be rather dense. Well, beyond rather dense.

I was unaware that any Chinese person used the word 'chinaman' as any sort of slur.

I can only remember one usage where it might be a slur, which is the expression "He doesn't have a Chinaman's chance", meaning he (whoever he is) has less than a very slim chance. I suppose this goes back to the 1800's in California.

I can't recall ever hearing n*gg*r as a term of affection, but I observe that rappers and hip hoppers use it all the time. It is my theory that the main purpose of rap and hip hop is to annoy the parents, and the n word is one of the more annoying words one can use. It has become a 'taboo' word. A White person dare not utter it in any context, lest he be called a racist.

The greatest novel ever writen in the USA is probably Huckleberry Finn, but it has been banned from libraries and school curricula all over the country just because one of the main characters is known as 'N*gger Jim'.

It matters not that Jim is the kindest and smartest character in the book, because the people who have declared war on it have never actually read it at all, and some show no evidence of ever having read anything as long as a novel.

Of course, in the 1880's when it was written, the word was not considered to be a slur. That happened at sometime in the 1960's.

The entire point that I was trying to make is that human beings are deeply weird when it comes to words. It's as though some people are too dense to know when they have really been insulted, and it makes it a lot easier when there is this one word that is always an insult no matter how it is used. Basically, this is about what anthropologists call taboos, which is a specific sort of irrational behavior.

It is amazing how people buy into other people's taboos. During the OJ trial, Johny Cochran got Mark Fuhrman to swear that in 30 years he had never NEVER used the 'n-word'. If Fuhrman had a brain, or was even remotely capable of logical thought, he would have said "I have no idea of what words I might or might not have said or the context in which I said any one of them. No one could possibly answer this question about one word over a 30 years period.

He also made one witness appear to be a racist because he had said that he heard the voice of 'an angry Black man shouting', and somehow he implied that 
since all voices (and accents) are equal, any attempt to classify a voice as that of a Black man was clearly racist. Which of course pretty much anyone should be aware after a bit of thought that this is just not true. OJ doesn't sound like Dan Rather, Luciano Pavorotti or even Trent Lott.

And of course no one thought to ask how most people in unchilly LA come to own leather gloves. The same way people in FL come to own them. THEY ARE GIVEN AS GIFTS  and are rarely worn at all. So it was pretty logical that OJ could have a pair of gloves that would not fit him. It is a false assumption that every piece of clothes we have fits well. I have gloves that do not fit me. One pair is too big, another is too small. Both were received as gifts and I have not thrown them out because I guess they might be useful to someone with larger or smaller hands who might be visiting Minneapolis or Buffalo someday.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »
my friends anf relative use it all the time as a insult.
in fact last month a friend of mine from hong kong said it and my other friends(he`s black) said I swear when you say chinaman I hear the word nigger,the tone is exact .
on taboos,very interesting
the american sign for ok means a$$hole in brazil and portugal
hand gesture to come here is offensive to philipinos
africans point with thier middle finger.
touching your wrist together will get australians angry

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »

still sore

Heh. No. Just passing on a little wisdom of what arguing with you seems to come down to.

most americans do not like being invaded by a flood of illegal non-citizens

Then perhaps, immigration being a relatively harmless action in and of itself, they shouldn't see how many legal barriers they can put in the way of immigration.

as the illegal invaders become a larger group the two sides will clash over a variety of issues
pockets of many large us cities now look like el salvador or mexico city
most americans do not want to live in el salvador or mexico city

Apparently, neither do the immigrants. But then, I don't recall anyone forcing people to live with Mexican immigrants. For folks who consider too many immigrants from poor countries to be an objectionable issue, I suggest they start now to petition their congressmen, federal and state, to open up trade with those countries and end food subsidies. Economic opportunities will grow in the poor countries, removing one of the major motivations for people from those countries to immigrate to the U.S.

most americans do not want english replaced with spanish as the primary language

It won't be. English will just evolve, as it always has. So will Spanish. Besides, most Americans should not be so close-minded about changing language. If Norman French had not mixed in with Saxon English, Shakespeare would sound very different and so would we. Try to keep the language stagnant, and it will become like Latin, a dead language.

most americans do not wish to "press one for english" and why should they?

Maybe they should not be so snobbish about businesses serving only the "right kind" of customers.

thus as more and more americans attempt to flee from the "el salvadorization of america"
the two sides will (imo) eventually settle their differences with a civil war

Only if people insist on there being two sides. Which would be really, really stupid. Not saying it won't happen. Just saying it would be really, really stupid.

i hope i am wrong, but i doubt i am
insanity usually has a reckoning day

Does it?