Author Topic: Cuba sees hypocritical U.S. freeing CIA-linked bomber  (Read 6203 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cuba sees hypocritical U.S. freeing CIA-linked bomber
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 02:45:52 AM »
"If you know what the evidence is , you are ahead of me , I do not know who saw him plant the bomb , I don't know where they found his fingerprint.

Has Cuba ever given over someone we wanted?

I don't know , just asking."

-------------------------------------

No, I don't know. Do we now have to recreate every trial of every foreign citizen here before we hand them over to countries we have extradition treaties with?   Are there no sovereign countries that we recognize?  Help me out here.  Has the legal landscape changed ALL THAT DRASTICALLY IN 6 SHORT YEARS?
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 03:53:08 AM »
"Do we now have to recreate every trial of every foreign citizen here before we hand them over to countries we have extradition treaties with?"

We don't like due process anymore?

" Has the legal landscape changed ALL THAT DRASTICALLY IN 6 SHORT YEARS?"

I do not know what change you are talking about , someone who is being extradited can fight it in court since Washington was President.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 11:08:39 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,851913,00.html

I am not clear from that , whether due process was violated or not.

Some of the people that Castro has killed as terrorists were dropping jugs of water onto people dieing of thirst in the ocean.

The evidence in each case is important .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 03:41:59 AM »
<<Some of the people that Castro has killed as terrorists were dropping jugs of water onto people dieing of thirst in the ocean.>>

They weren't in international waters, they were shot down when they invaded Cuban airspace.  Cuba has the right to defend its airspace.  They have been attacked by terrorists before and they are correct to remain vigilant.  The US, I am sure, would protect itself the same way - - or have you forgotten the Iranian civilian airliner that the US shot down during the Iran-Iraq war?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 04:48:06 AM »
<<Some of the people that Castro has killed as terrorists were dropping jugs of water onto people dieing of thirst in the ocean.>>

They weren't in international waters, they were shot down when they invaded Cuban airspace.  Cuba has the right to defend its airspace.  They have been attacked by terrorists before and they are correct to remain vigilant.  The US, I am sure, would protect itself the same way - - or have you forgotten the Iranian civilian airliner that the US shot down during the Iran-Iraq war?

No, I remember that very regrettable event,or the Columbians shootdown of a Christian missionary because of mistaken identity, but I do not see much simularity. The Cubans who were shooting knew what they were shooting , and knew that they were harmless.

This incident would be something like haveing Cindy Sheehan shot, she is uncomplementary to the president but not harmfull and she is not hard to recognise.

Cubas right to defend its airspace should not include killing people it knows are harmless.