Author Topic: Obama Expands US "Secret Wars" and the Left still loves him!  (Read 1290 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama Expands US "Secret Wars" and the Left still loves him!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:43 PM »
<<Why do you think [that Obama's a smarter guy than Bush]?>>

I compared their academic records.  I compared what they accomplished after they left the academic world.  I compared what they say and how they say it.

It's a no-brainer.  Hard to think of any other comparison that demonstrates such an obvious case of intellectual superiority of the one (Obama) over the other (Bush.)  Mind you, I'm not saying that Bush is stupid.  I know I've often called him a moron, but that was me speaking in anger and frustration.

BSB

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »
Well, Plane, we can't do anything but read between the lines. They aren't going to lift the curtain. There are some facts though. The last two attempts by Al Qaeda here, that we know about, have been pathetic. That speeks volumes. Those guys got to the room, the girl was naked, but their dicks went limp.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
<<Why do you think [that Obama's a smarter guy than Bush]?>>

I compared their academic records.  I compared what they accomplished after they left the academic world.  I compared what they say and how they say it.

It's a no-brainer.  Hard to think of any other comparison that demonstrates such an obvious case of intellectual superiority of the one (Obama) over the other (Bush.)  Mind you, I'm not saying that Bush is stupid.  I know I've often called him a moron, but that was me speaking in anger and frustration.

Grades are made in an inscrutable arcane manner .

I rather go on which was better with an off the cuff remark , what elese do we have that is genuinely attributable one person and not someone elese writeing or someone elese evaluateing.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »
I compared their academic records.

I thought Obama's academic record was sealed tighter than his long form birth certificate.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:58 AM »
I was using the term "grades" rather loosely.  I should have said "academic achievements," specifically the magna cum laude from Harvard Law, editorship of the Harvard Law Review, etc.

I also compare the way the two men speak, Bush in particular seeming unable to string words into intelligible sentences and stumbling often.    As I said, I don't really think Bush is a stupid man, but I think it's pretty obvious that Obama is one helluva lot brighter. 

I have to say, though, that in the past year, Obama hasn't seemed as smart as I once thought he was, and Bush, though I still think he's a totally despicable, lying weasel and probably the worst President the US ever had, isn't as dumb as I used to think he was.  But he never should have been President.  It was a fucking disaster on all fronts.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 02:00:48 AM »
I was using the term "grades" rather loosely.  I should have said "academic achievements," specifically the magna cum laude from Harvard Law, editorship of the Harvard Law Review, etc.

I also compare the way the two men speak, Bush in particular seeming unable to string words into intelligible sentences and stumbling often.    As I said, I don't really think Bush is a stupid man, but I think it's pretty obvious that Obama is one helluva lot brighter. 

I have to say, though, that in the past year, Obama hasn't seemed as smart as I once thought he was, and Bush, though I still think he's a totally despicable, lying weasel and probably the worst President the US ever had, isn't as dumb as I used to think he was.  But he never should have been President.  It was a fucking disaster on all fronts.

I am sanguine.