Author Topic: New Hampshire Couple Vows to Fight Feds to the Death  (Read 1619 times)

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Hampshire Couple Vows to Fight Feds to the Death
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
Holed Up and Well-Armed, a New Hampshire Couple Refuses to Surrender to Federal Agents

Calling the federal agents surrounding his fortified compound "guns for hire," a New Hampshire man convicted of tax evasion vowed today that he and his wife would fight U.S. marshals to the death if they tried to capture them.

"Do not under any circumstances make any attempt on this land. We will not accept any tomfoolery by any criminal element, be it federal, state or local," said Ed Brown in a press conference from the stoop of his concrete-clad home in Plainfield, N.H. "We either walk out of here free or we die."

Brown and his wife, Elaine, were sentenced in absentia in April to serve 63 months in prison for failing to pay more than $1 million in income tax.

The couple, however, insists that there is no law that requires citizens to pay income tax.

"There is no law. We looked and looked," Brown told the press.

Brown and his supporters, including Randy Weaver, leader of the 1992 standoff with ATF agents at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, told the press that the government has unlawfully tricked people into believing they have to pay income tax, knowing full well that such a law would be unconstitutional.

"We will defend it to the death. This is 1776 all over again. You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery," Brown said.

Carrying a pistol in his waistband, Brown also insisted that he could not receive a fair trial in a federal court because "the court system falls under freemasonry."

"There [are] no longer any lawful courts. The Freemasons have taken over our nation. ? [Freemasons want] to take over our nation and all nations on the planet," Brown said.

Weaver, whose son was killed by federal agents and who later received a $100,000 settlement from the government, said he was there to support the Browns.

"I'd rather die on my feet right here than die on my knees under this de facto government," he said. "Bring it on."

Despite months of surveillance and reports of agents hiding in the woods of the couple's 110-acre compound, U.S. marshals said this morning that the Brown's Plainfield, N.H., home was not surrounded by their officers.

U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier made an effort to starkly contrast the actions of the Marshals with those of the ATF agents who besieged Ruby Ridge in 1992. In addition to Weaver's son, one federal agent was killed in that incident.

"There is no standoff and the house is not surrounded." Monier told ABC News.com. "We have no intention of assaulting the house or engaging in a violent confrontation."

Monier said he believed Weaver would attend the press conference the Browns are hosting this afternoon. He said Weaver and others -- some of whom are believed to have brought the couple weapons -- have been freely allowed to enter Brown's property.

"There is no reason to block Weaver. People are free to exercise their First Amendment rights," Monier said. "We are not setting up roadblocks or surrounding the house."

In April, Ed and Elaine Brown were sentenced in absentia to 63 months in prison for failing to pay more than $1 million in taxes.

Since failing to appear in court the couple has remained within the concrete-fortified walls of their rural New Hampshire home.

Monier said the Marshals have been communicating with the couple in an effort to get them to turn themselves over the federal authorities without having to resort to the use of force.

"We know they have weapons and we do not want to see this escalate," he said.

Last week agents cut off the home's telephone, Internet and power access. Monier said the couple most likely had generators -- possibly solar or wind powered -- but that eventually the Browns would become uncomfortable enough in their isolation that they would be forced to surrender.

"They probably have generators but those will soon need fuel and need people to fix them. We want to continue to encourage them, and make it uncomfortable enough for them that they'll give up."

Brown said he and his wife had enough supplies to wait out the government no matter how long it lasted. He said the couple did not use air conditioning and could chop down trees from firewood.

Last week, Danny Riley a friend of the Browns was arrested near their home by federal agents while walking the couple's dog.

The Marshals claim they were engaged in routine surveillance of the property, but the Browns believe Riley thwarted a potential raid.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3290003&page=1

gipper

Re: New Hampshire Couple Vows to Fight Feds to the Death
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »
My feeling is that they wouldn't be so vocal if their tax debt were 89 cents.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »
"There is no law. We looked and looked," Brown told the press.

I suppose if you showed them the laws they wouldn't simply stand down, huh?

"We will defend it to the death. This is 1776 all over again. You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery," Brown said.

Idiot. Of course one of the first things Washington did as President was...(drum roll) institute a tax.

"the court system falls under freemasonry"

Damn right. Fight the power of, erm...freemasonry.

The Freemasons have taken over our nation.

So are they allowed to put up rock walls pretty much anywhere they want? Are there restrictedmasons?

I'd rather die on my feet right here than die on my knees under this de facto government

Meh, same result.

Bring it on

Oh real original. He's an anti-government freedom fighter who borrows lines from Hollywood, just like the leader of the country that he is fighting against! Nice one, idiot. Bring your own material next time. You don't see Clint Eastwood actually having gun battles at Pebble Beach. They were movies, jack ass.

There is no standoff and the house is not surrounded.

I wonder if anyone told the mastermind, 1776 John Wayne Brown up there? Maybe he ate the wrong mushroom on his 110-acre fortress of solitude.

Since failing to appear in court the couple has remained within the concrete-fortified walls of their rural New Hampshire home.

So really, they are big pansies. They've committed some crimes, including failure to appear at court, and are now barracading themselves in and hoping that the Randy Weaver/Waco incidents will dissuade any action by the government. Wow, we're all impressed.

Brown said he and his wife had enough supplies to wait out the government no matter how long it lasted. He said the couple did not use air conditioning and could chop down trees from firewood.

They ought to be glad they live in this country or some others like it that would take such a tactic. I'm guessing Putin's Russia or China would not be content with waiting them out ;)

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:35:09 PM »
In the old Washington Watch, I read a few people who said things like that about there being no laws about taxes. 

I wonder where they are now....
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »
Fight the Man. Power to the people!
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 05:14:02 AM »
Won't that land be on auction after a while?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
It's hilarious but it's also very sad.  I see a not-too-bright, borderline mental patient obviously mentored and egged on by a bunch of social failures and misfits playing to the weakest and most vulnerable parts of his character.  One of life's losers.  No real friends and no support network.  Evolution in action, but it ain't too pretty.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
It's hilarious but it's also very sad.  I see a not-too-bright, borderline mental patient obviously mentored and egged on by a bunch of social failures and misfits playing to the weakest and most vulnerable parts of his character.  One of life's losers.  No real friends and no support network.  Evolution in action, but it ain't too pretty.

Either that or they are making a principled stand, rightly or wrongly, and are willing to accept the consequences of their actions. And in that sense they may be higher up the evolutionary ladder than their counterparts who constantly claim the mantle of victim hood.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 01:09:58 PM »

Either that or they are making a principled stand, rightly or wrongly, and are willing to accept the consequences of their actions. And in that sense they may be higher up the evolutionary ladder than their counterparts who constantly claim the mantle of victim hood.

Or dare I say Iraqi Freedom Fighters
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »
<<Either that or they are making a principled stand, rightly or wrongly, and are willing to accept the consequences of their actions. And in that sense they may be higher up the evolutionary ladder than their counterparts who constantly claim the mantle of victim hood.>>

Either or, eh?

It's pretty obvious which one it is.  These guys are low-grade morons parroting crap they must have gleaned from militia websites and not smart enough to know that you don't fuck with the buzz-saw.  In many respects, they're the same kind of Neanderthal cannon fodder for the militia/posse comitatus crowd that the "all-volunteer" army is for the militarists, racists, fascists and imperialists of the Bush administration, only even dumber because there are no benefits waiting for those who come out alive.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »
<<Either that or they are making a principled stand, rightly or wrongly, and are willing to accept the consequences of their actions. And in that sense they may be higher up the evolutionary ladder than their counterparts who constantly claim the mantle of victim hood.>>

Either or, eh?

It's pretty obvious which one it is.  These guys are low-grade morons parroting crap they must have gleaned from militia websites and not smart enough to know that you don't fuck with the buzz-saw.  In many respects, they're the same kind of Neanderthal cannon fodder for the militia/posse comitatus crowd that the "all-volunteer" army is for the militarists, racists, fascists and imperialists of the Bush administration, only even dumber because there are no benefits waiting for those who come out alive.

Right. You disagree with them so you demonize them. Brilliant tactic. 
Hmmm. I disagree.

What is it with you Jews?

Oops . I did the same thing.

Bad BT!

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »
I applaud his taking a stand on the issue he believes in.

Those in government will crush him or ignore him.

The guy has made mistakes though.  He should have stuck to his point of contention rather than veering out into crazy land about the freemasonry crap.  (If he really did that and its not some kind of crap the government forced the reporters to put in.)

If the law is unjust, then he has taken it to the next level to force the issue.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
Either there is or is not a law that makes paying taxes to the IRA mandatory.
Either way, freemasonry is not concerned with this in any way.

The IRA should just wait him out. Making a martyr solves nothing and inspires more nutcases.

They also should PRODUCE THAT LAW.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
<<Right. You disagree with them so you demonize them. Brilliant tactic.>>

Demonize, my ass.  I calls 'em the way I sees 'em.

<<Hmmm. I disagree.

<<What is it with you Jews?>>

What do you mean by that?

<<Oops . I did the same thing. >>

Not really, I was calling them dumbasses.  With reason.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »
<<What is it with you Jews?>>

What do you mean by that?

<< - - - - - - - - - - - >>

Is calling me a Jew supposed to demonize me?  I don't get it.  How are Jews demons?