Author Topic: Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama  (Read 1880 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »
<<If you think it is militarism then I haven't explained it too well.

<<WE have one of the4 most disiplined and -unlikely to attack the state- militarys that the world has ever seen. It isn't militarism , it is a citizenship of the soldier.>>

When I said militarism, I wasn't thinking of the army attacking the state, which I agree seems unlikely given the discipline and traditions of the U.S. military.  I meant by "militarism" the civilian reverence for the military, the blank cheques that it writes them, the deference that it gives to military opinions and the undue influence that the military is allowed to exert over public opinion.

Our military deserves praise for this , for makeingitself the tool of the government and the people instead of being a constant threat of coup on the government and opression on the people , do not be begrudgeing of our praiseing them , it is deserved.

Also do you have any idea how closely connected we are by family and personal ties? I don't know anyone who has no family members in the military or personally has been in themselves , it is integral to us all, (with notable exceptions).