Author Topic: Endorsement  (Read 11328 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Endorsement
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »
    Candidate Comparison: Top Contributors
    2012 Cycle

Barack Obama
    Microsoft Corp $170,323
    Comcast Corp $116,155
    Harvard University $94,225
    Google Inc $90,166
    University of California $83,679

Mitt Romney
    Goldman Sachs $354,700
    Credit Suisse Group $195,250
    Morgan Stanley $185,800
    HIG Capital $176,500
    Barclays $155,250

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contriball.php?cycle=2012

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »
President Barack Obama has received more money from
Wall Street than any other politician over the past 20 years.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/10/obama-attacks-banks-while-raking-in-wall-street-dough/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:46 PM »
Why Democratic Strategists Have Begun to Root for Mitt Romney

It wasn't long ago that conventional wisdom among Democratic strategists handicapped Mitt Romney as President Obama's toughest potential Republican challenger. But lately there has been a big shift.

In fact, it is becoming clearer and clearer that Mitt Romney is the very embodiment of the political narrative that will likely define the 2012 Presidential race. Unless there is a miracle, the outcome of next year's election will likely be determined by whom the public blames for the lousy economy.

Of course the Republicans will argue that the culprit is the "overreaching," "innovation-stifling" big government and its leader, President Obama. Their prescription to solve the country's economic woes: eliminate every regulation in sight, cut taxes for the wealthy and free Wall Street bankers that lead us into the promised land.

Democrats, on the other hand, will pin the blame exactly where it belongs -- on the reckless speculation of the big Wall Street banks, their Republican enablers -- and the stagnant middle class incomes that have resulted from the top one percent of Americans siphoning off virtually all of the country's economic growth since 1980. They will fault the "do-nothing Republican Congress" for their insistence on defending the status quo, and their refusal to create jobs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/why-democratic-strategist_b_1019360.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
  Does the top few percent siphon off the production of the nation , or do the lead and cause a lot of the Nations production?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 01:45:46 AM »
Although I endorsed Mitt I am still open to Cain or Newt. I would like to see Cain explain his 9 9 9 plan a little better in debates rather than just saying the criticism is just apples and oranges. And Newt I would like to see gain in the polls and start beating Obama in consecutive polling.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
I don't pay any attention to endorsements, other than in the case of judges about whom I have no other information.

The Newtster is a rather reprehensible cad and even those who acknowledge his intelligence dislike him because he is such a smartass. Remember that the GOP threw him out as House Speaker, and then drove him out of the House, in the same fashion as they did Steele and Mel Martinez. I don't see voters warming up to him or Mrs Gingrich III and her appetite for Tiffany's. Do we really need a "Sugar Daddy in Chief"?

Cain is busily trying to withdraw his large foot from his equally large mouth, now that we know that 999 was looted from a videogame, and that it would punish the poor and middle class of all.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
I don't pay any attention to endorsements, other than in the case of judges about whom I have no other information.

The Newtster is a rather reprehensible cad and even those who acknowledge his intelligence dislike him because he is such a smartass. Remember that the GOP threw him out as House Speaker, and then drove him out of the House, in the same fashion as they did Steele and Mel Martinez. I don't see voters warming up to him or Mrs Gingrich III and her appetite for Tiffany's. Do we really need a "Sugar Daddy in Chief"?

Cain is busily trying to withdraw his large foot from his equally large mouth, now that we know that 999 was looted from a videogame, and that it would punish the poor and middle class of all.

Since you intensely dislike all of Obama replacements you will be very unhappy for several years after they remove Obama. Good!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
There are no Obama replacements now, and probably will be none until 2016.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »
now that we know that 999 was looted from a videogame, ................

A simple combination occuring in two places isn't proof of anything.

When I was in the Navy there was a guy we all knew as XO , every ship had one, but I don't think you stole it from the Navy's executive officer corps.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
I'm in the process of reconsidering my endorsement of Romney. It was premature. I stayed up very late last night watching various speeches and interviews of Herman Cain. I like what I see.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »
I'm in the process of reconsidering my endorsement of Romney. It was premature. I stayed up very late last night watching various speeches and interviews of Herman Cain. I like what I see.

Welcome to the fold brother. As a last resort Romney will do.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
Romney/Christie?

Christie doesn't rule it out like he ruled out running for president.

"The fact is if Governor Romney comes to me and wants to talk to me about that, we'll have a full conversation about that and then (my wife) Mary Pat and I will make that decision about what we want to do with our future."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »
"The fact is if Governor Romney comes to me and wants to talk to me about that, we'll have a full conversation about that and then (my wife) Mary Pat and I will make that decision about what we want to do with our future." (Gov Chris Christie)

Oh yeah the ticket is going to be Romney/Christie or Romney/Rubio.
Either will be a strong ticket that will demolish Obama/Biden.
Obama/Clinton which the ticket will probably be...will be harder to beat.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BSB

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
Romney already has the northeast. Why would he pick a running mate from New Jersey?

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »
Because he has the conservative credentials and a following that expands the country, far more than Romney.  Folks out here are still hoping that Christie will decide to relocate to CA, though the damage done to this state, by the left, is probably far too advanced for any fix

But in the end, its still all about the Presidential nominee.  I'm leaning more & more Romney, though Newt would be a far superior choice than our current CnC, as well
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle