Author Topic: Republicans should filibuster the auto bailout  (Read 5189 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Republicans should filibuster the auto bailout
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »
RR, Christians 4LG and Richpo all seem to be dittoheads, just some are more annoying than others.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »
RR, Christians 4LG and Richpo all seem to be dittoheads, just some are more annoying than others.

I hate to say it , but I bet even Rush would say that most people dont have eqiuty in their homes. What total nonsense!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »
I hate to say it , but I bet even Rush would say that most people don't have eqiuty in their homes. What total nonsense!

========================
Rush says whatever he is paid to say. He is a hired mercenary leader of the lumpenproletariat. Most of what he says in nonsense, but he is credible because, despite his lack of even a BA degree, he SOUNDS like he knew stuff. It's like thinking that laughing Elmo actually thinks something is funny.

It might be true that many, or even most, people who are accustomed to using their home equity can no longer do so to buy new cars.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
I hate to say it , but I bet even Rush would say that most people dont have eqiuty in their homes. What total nonsense!

You are ill informed because you rely on Air America.

Very few people have equity in their homes as banks are shutting down equity lines due to plummeting home values. This is another negative consequence of the Dodd-Frank credit crisis.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
There is no proposal to let Frank or Dodd run the auto industry.

Don't tell them that. They are big government liberals. Dodd was mouthing off yesterday saying that he was going to bring the auto industry back to profitablity. He said that GM's CEO Wagner should "move on." These are not his calls to make. It's outragious that he is even involved in the bailout negotionations considering his sweetheart deal from Countrywide.

Neither will be removed from his committee.

They should.

The Republicans will not filibuster this bill.

They may not have to if there are not enough votes to pass it.

Most people probably DO have equity in their homes, but those that do are either not interested in buying a new car (my home is paid in full, and I will never, ever buy a new car or even a car on credit, for example), or they cannot borrow against it.

Banks are shutting down and closing equity lines. The equity line of credit is becoming a thing of the past. As well it should. People should not be using their homes as a bank.

BSB

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »
>>People should not be using their homes as a bank<<

Thats been going on here since shortly after the pilgrims arrived. It may slow down for awhile, but it won't stop, nor should it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
Borrowing against your house to buy a car is a smart move, as it's the only way that the interest is deductible. Conservatives should be all for it, because it results in fewer taxes paid, which, of course, results in smaller government. ::)

Actually, buying a car on credit is stupid: people should save the money and then plunk down a cash payment. If that's too hard to do, then they have no real business buying a new car.

Credit cards are useful for buying online and by phone so you can get the stuff sooner, and should be paid in full every month.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:25:16 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 03:22:42 PM »

As what I could get from a sale falls, the equity avlible in ownership falls.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »
Borrowing against your house to buy a car is a smart move, as it's the only way that the interest is deductible.

I wasn't aware of this. Thank you. Provided somebody has enough credit and equity to refinance or their bank hasn't frozen their equity line, I would have to reconsider my opinion on this. 

Knutey

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »
Borrowing against your house to buy a car is a smart move, as it's the only way that the interest is deductible.

I wasn't aware of this. Thank you. Provided somebody has enough credit and equity to refinance or their bank hasn't frozen their equity line, I would have to reconsider my opinion on this. 

I have to give you credit for your honesty and/or lack of Systemic Sclerosis of the brain. Unlike some brain-dead aliens in here that persist in their stupidity long after they have been proven wrong  thinking , probly , that it is cute rather than the blithering stupidity that it is.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
I imagine that most new cars before the current crisis were purchased by using a home equity loan, as this is the best way to manage borrowing $12,000 to $80,000. The interest is not deductible unless it is on your home. Of course, this is against the spirit of the home interest deduction.

If you are in the 25% bracket, a $30,000 loan at 8% would be $2400 in interest, and the deduction would be $600 per year for maybe 5 or 6 years.

If people only bought what they could afford, meaning buy for cash, then the average car would not be junked after 8 years, and more people would be driving Cobalts, Fits, Corollas, Rios and Accents.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
Unlike some brain-dead aliens in here that persist in their stupidity long after they have been proven wrong  thinking , probly , that it is cute rather than the blithering stupidity that it is.

You really must get over your school girl crush on me.

Besides, you have never been able to prove me wrong. Insults are not "proof" of anything.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
Unlike some brain-dead aliens in here that persist in their stupidity long after they have been proven wrong  thinking , probly , that it is cute rather than the blithering stupidity that it is.

You really must get over your school girl crush on me.

Besides, you have never been able to prove me wrong. Insults are not "proof" of anything.

If the shoe fits as they say.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
what i don`t understand is they`re dependant on each other,it` stated that if either ones goes all three will tank.
I don`t see why the top two can`t just eat the weakest and be stronger for it.

richpo64

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »
>>RR, Christians 4LG and Richpo all seem to be dittoheads, just some are more annoying than others.<<

This freaking retard has a real Rush fixation. It seems to be matched only with his fixation on me.

Well BO, I really should tell you nobody who listens to Rush minds you pointing out the fact that they do. Simply listening to Rush isn't enough to get all the information one needs to discuss current events. However just a few minutes of Rush gives anyone enough information to make a shit throwing monkey out of you.