Author Topic: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats  (Read 10545 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
Is the problem that the wepons are better?

Does that change the basic nature of the situation?
===================================================
Of course!

Imagine the Newtown shooter doing his nefarious deed with a Revolution Era 1770's black powder musket: swab barrel with ramrod, pour in black powder, stuff a wad down with the ramrod, drop in the ball, stuff with ramrod again, aim and FIRE!
Repeat 26 times, taking care that the barrel is not so hot it will ignite the black powder when you pour it in.

It would be easier to kill the kiddies with a crossbow.

Perhaps we should insist that those wishing to be armed join and train with a "well-organized militia" and in return, be allowed to own a 1780's musket, rifle or other c. 1800 weapon of their choice.

I understand that Lewis & Clark had a really fancy air rifle that could shoot several times without pumping it up.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
By definition, any able bodied person over 17, not in the military or some Government branch of militia, IS part of the unorganized branch of the militia, referred to in the Constitution.  The problem is SCHOOL, as in public education not teaching history as it was and is.  Folks who don't realize that the Bill of Rights are specific to individuals can blame our vaunted public education system
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
  "A well regulated " is the missing part .
   There are  militias but they are not large enough nor organised in terms tha would make them a realistic challenge nor a balance to the US Army.

So we have come to be entirely reliant on the loyalty of our soldiers and officers, it has been so long since those have let us down that wwe take their loyalty as granted.

BSB

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
"By definition, any able bodied person over 17, not in the military or some Government branch of militia, IS part of the unorganized branch of the militia"

Rubbish.  Whose definition is that?  Post a source showing that  definition.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/militia

mi·li·tia (m-lsh)
n.
1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

mi·li·tia
 noun \m?-?li-sh?\

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/militia
Definition of MILITIA

a: a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency

b: a body of citizens organized for military service

: the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service

BSB

« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
Ah huh, eligible by law for military call up. That is far from every able bodied person over 17.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »
Just found this
http://www.guncite.com/rrmilitia.html

Good thoughts.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »
Ah huh, eligible by law for military call up. That is far from every able bodied person over 17.

BSB

What is that law now?
We havn't had a draft in so long that people tend to forget that we still could.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »
The courts settled this B.  Sorry if their decision rankles your bacon
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
It is pretty effing clear that a group of people who are unaware that they are in a militia, who have never been informed that they are in a militia and who have never done diddly worth of militia training cannot logically be described as a WELL-REGULATED MILITIA. To be regulated, it is obviousthat one must at least be made aware that one is a member of said militia.
If the Supreme Court says that they are, it does not make it so.

If the Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution says that the president must be a marsupial,and then declares the president to be a marsupial, that still does not make it so.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
Actually, it does.  It'd be a pretty ludicrous ruling, kinda like RvW, but yea, it would.  Again, your problem is with Public Education, but the Supreme Court has ruled, the 2nd amendment is an individual right, just as all the other Bill of rights are....period....end of sentence
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:43:05 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
It is pretty effing clear that a group of people who are unaware that they are in a militia, who have never been informed that they are in a militia and who have never done diddly worth of militia training cannot logically be described as a WELL-REGULATED MILITIA. To be regulated, it is obviousthat one must at least be made aware that one is a member of said militia.
If the Supreme Court says that they are, it does not make it so.

If the Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution says that the president must be a marsupial,and then declares the president to be a marsupial, that still does not make it so.
Making it well regulated would be a better idea than our present policy of ignoring the concept.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
The Founding Fathers were not idiots, and obviously did not believe that a totally uninformed group of citizens constituted a"WELL-ORGANIZED MILITIA"

The Supreme Court, if it ruled that they do, were idiots.
There IS no such concept.

BSB

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
Sirs, yes, Scalia did say something along those lines. However, that doesn't mean it isn't bullshit.

Plane, I don't know what the law is currently regarding a universal call up but I'm sure the gov has plenty of tricks up its sleeve.

BSB

p.s. I don't know about anyone else but I have to wait for these adds to downoad every time I make a move in here. It's a pain in the ass.

BSB

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
BTW, Miss Sirs, the ruling doesn't rankle my beacon. In fact I was happy to see it. Again, however, that doesn't mean it isn't bullshit. Incase you haven't figured it out yet, Miss Sirs,  and you probably haven't, I'm profoundly pro-gun. I'm not stupid though. We have a problem and something needs to be done. That's the difference between you and me. I don't allow my personal likes and dislikes over rule my sense of social responsibility.

BSB