Author Topic: Spank your child ---> Go to jail  (Read 5072 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spank your child ---> Go to jail
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
You qualifying who you favor allowing child abuse among doesn't make it any less reprehensible.

It's a world of subjective reality, remember?

If you don't think an embryo is human, it's ok to kill it...

For clarity, I consider abortion the ultimate form of child abuse but you think it's no biggie.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 04:56:25 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

Outside of wanting to protect an innocent child from being killed, I'm not sure where else you can go with that accusation Js, that isn't supported by both ideologies/parties.

Um, doesn't that support what JS said?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »
Outside of wanting to protect an innocent child from being killed, I'm not sure where else you can go with that accusation Js, that isn't supported by both ideologies/parties.

Um, doesn't that support what JS said?

No, Js (in a different thread that prompted this initial response from me in this thread), implied that the conservative ideology was practically the home of Social behavior control via legislation.  I merely corrected him that wasn't the case, as now he himself has conceded that Dems & Repubs, via the "political spectrum" attempt to accomplish such
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »
So, it doesn't support the first thing he said, according to you, but it does support the second thing he said. Okay. So we're all in agreement then. Demolicans and Repubmocrats try via legislation to control behavior of people. Glad we got that cleared up.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »
So, it doesn't support the first thing he said, according to you, but it does support the second thing he said. Okay. So we're all in agreement then. Demolicans and Repubmocrats try via legislation to control behavior of people. Glad we got that cleared up.

Me too
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
other can worms
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
if you think about it a good chunk of stuff we`ve been talking about is legislating behaviour.
abortion,smoking,obesity,anorexia,recycling,religion,technology,finance
and I don`t think they mesh well.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: other can worms
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »
if you think about it a good chunk of stuff we`ve been talking about is legislating behaviour.
abortion,smoking,obesity,anorexia,recycling,religion,technology,finance
and I don`t think they mesh well.

This kinda legislation easily leads to Dems potentially legislating how much fiber your child needs, what body fat he/she needs to adhere to, heck, how much game/play time your child has a right to       :(