Author Topic: I will be buying my copy at Sam's  (Read 4991 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I will be buying my copy at Sam's
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »
Too pricey for me

figures

I can get a couple rolls of toilet paper for that.

and good god i bet you go thru lots of it
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »
It does not matter where you get your signed copy of Cheney's book, but I am guessing that Dick Cheney is highly unlikely to be signing books at Sam's Club. You are probably right about the Dallas Wal*Mart" Cheney would probably not be signing books there.

Smely food stores are not usually smelly because of their customers. There is a system of odor control that is used by all the major chains that circulates the air and removes all odors very effectively. Here in Miami, you know when you are in a Latino-run supermarket because of the smell (usually sort of a spoiled meat and bad lettuce smell), since they do not use the odor control systems. In Mexico when I lived there, all markets had a smell to them. I am not sure about now, since I have not been there for several years.

In Argentina and Uruguay, the big chain supermarkets do not stink, but the ma and pa stores, butcher shops and veggie stands do. In Paraguay everything has that odor.

Of all the Latino chains, Sedano's is the only one that does not have the smell.
I don't know who Vince Dooley is, but I am pretty sure that he was never vice president of this country, even if he does sign books and hats in Kroger stores.

Publishers arrange book signings,and they are quite unlikely to do it in places that heavily discount books. My guess is that by the time you can get a copy at Sam's, there will be no more book signings.

In a similar way, you are likely to find Tommy Hilfiger apoparel in the Salvation Army, but it would be extremely unlikely to find Tommy there to autograph anything.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
Winn Dixie has the odor of bologna left on the counter for half the day. Very unique.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Publix on the other hand smells like fresh baked bread and Fried Chicken. Probably because those depts are right by the entrance.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
and good god i bet you go thru lots of it

I do like to keep the bushberries off my ass.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »
Dick Cheney is highly unlikely to be signing books at Sam's Club.

What makes you say that?

James Patterson did a signing at a Sam's Club near where I'm at. Karl Rove did a Sam's signing. It's possible that Cheney could do it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
Hmmmmm.....new list at $35.00, discounted from $16.99 to $19.25; used from $9.99 down to $1.25.

Too pricey for me - I can get a couple rolls of toilet paper for that.

With carefull crumpling the book could do for that , thereby becoming dual use.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
It is possible that Cheney might do his book signing in a tiara and tutu as well, but I would not count on it.

Surely you can afford to pay full retail price for such magnificent revelations as the Prince of Darkness has composed just for you and your ilk.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »
You never explained why other authors have signed at Sam's but Cheney never would. You're not talking out of your ass, are you?

Who even charges full list for books anymore, anyway? Even book stores give some type of discount. I would expect 20% off, at least. It's obviously been a while since you bought a book outside of a yard sale. Maybe you should start helping out the economy.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 03:12:30 AM »
With carefull crumpling the book could do for that , thereby becoming dual use.

It would be a poor substitute, much like the author - too stiff and rough, wth the chance of leaving black stains. Why not spend my money on something softer and more comfortable, and made for the job?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »

John Wayne toilet paper   
 John Wayne toilet paper – Military term used to describe the low grade toilet paper found in the MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) accessory packet. Called so because it’s rough, tough and don’t take shit off of anybody. Can also be used in place of extra fine grit sandpaper when refinishing furniture.
Can I score a roll from that big box of ass wipe that your mom sent last week?
Why?
All that I have is that damn John Wayne toilet paper.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=john+wayne+toilet+paper

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »
Probly no better than what we had in the old C-rations. Remember green ham n eggs?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
I did not say that Cheney would not sign books at Sam's, just that you should not count on it. And although bookstores DO have sales. when they have signings, the books to be signed are rarely on sale, if ever. When we have mobs of authors here at the Miami International Book Fair, the books available for signing are all sold at full retail.

They are often discounted after the signings are over. I imagine that the publisher feels that since they paid for travel and lodging, they deserve their full price. I can't say that I disagree with that premise.

When I want to read a book, I decide whether I am likely to read it more than once. If not, I check out the library, and read it at no cost. If I do think I will read it again, or it is not available at the library, I check out Amazon, and buy it used. I have yet to get anything other than like-new books from Amazon or one of their affiliates, usually at less than a fifth the retail price.

When I buy things, I am unconcerned with the national economy. My own personal economy is far more important to me.

Now I see where Cheney badmouthed pretty much everyone, including even Condi Rice and Colin Powell. And he says not a word about how a lack of proper planning turned the invasion of Iraq unto a godawful mess.

Cheney, as we all know, does not need the money, though he probably thinks he does, just like Murdock thinks he needs his fifth billionth dollar. What he wants to do with this book is to get the country to absolve him and perhaps Rumsfeld of the blame for starting a war on false pretenses and letting everything run amok. And I don't think that history will absolve him of his supreme dickheadedness.

Good luck at finding Cheney's book, discounted, at a Sam's near you.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
Now I see where Cheney badmouthed pretty much everyone, including even Condi Rice and Colin Powell.

I have been avoiding the write ups about the book because I don't want it ruined.

How is it any different than you badmouthing Dr. Rice or Powell? Haven't you been doing that for 10 years now?

Good luck at finding Cheney's book, discounted, at a Sam's near you.

Have you ever been to Sam's? They get the books in the same day as anybody else.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
How is it any different than you badmouthing Dr. Rice or Powell? Haven't you been doing that for 10 years now?

===============================================
I don't recall badmouthing Powell.

The main difference is that I was not a member of the administration, if you recall.

One must belong to the rat family to rat out other members. Cheney was a member of this particular rat family.

I was an observer of said rats.