Author Topic: Message to Obama Supportors  (Read 2071 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Message to Obama Supportors
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:44:57 PM by BT »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Message to Obama Supportors
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
Just came back from dinner with our son's in-laws, and they feel pretty much as I do, that Obama is losing because he's not going on the attack.  They also feel that McCain is extremely vulnerable to attack, for pretty much the same reasons that I outlined here and in other threads.

They feel that Joe Biden, as VP, could mount a really vicious and very effective attack on McCain.  I agree that Biden's got the savvy and the gravitas to pull it off, but that picking Biden would undercut the message of change that catapulted Obama into the position he now holds.  If he hadn't pissed off his base, he could probably have counted on moveon.org coming up with some very hard-hitting and effective attack ads, but even if they come back onboard, they're liable to be dismissed as Soros' sour grapes, lightweight, un-American, etc.

Helluva dilemma for our boy to be in.  He might be able to pull himself out by his own bootstraps, but I doubt it.  If the decline continues for another week, I think he'll have to call in Joe Biden anyway simply because his "change" message ain't workin no more.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:12:08 AM »
Just came back from dinner with our son's in-laws, and they feel pretty much as I do, that Obama is losing because he's not going on the attack.  They also feel that McCain is extremely vulnerable to attack, for pretty much the same reasons that I outlined here and in other threads.

They feel that Joe Biden, as VP, could mount a really vicious and very effective attack on McCain.  I agree that Biden's got the savvy and the gravitas to pull it off, but that picking Biden would undercut the message of change that catapulted Obama into the position he now holds.  If he hadn't pissed off his base, he could probably have counted on moveon.org coming up with some very hard-hitting and effective attack ads, but even if they come back onboard, they're liable to be dismissed as Soros' sour grapes, lightweight, un-American, etc.

Helluva dilemma for our boy to be in.  He might be able to pull himself out by his own bootstraps, but I doubt it.  If the decline continues for another week, I think he'll have to call in Joe Biden anyway simply because his "change" message ain't workin no more.

I think your advice would be impossible for Obama to benefit from , he is on tape promiseing to be a diffrent sort of canadate , and a diffrent sort of president.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 01:30:52 AM »
<<I think your advice would be impossible for Obama to benefit from , he is on tape promiseing to be a diffrent sort of canadate , and a diffrent sort of president.>>

Yes, I agree with you.  That is the dilemma.  How can he promise change and give 'em Joe Biden?

Too bad.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 01:37:41 AM »
<<I think your advice would be impossible for Obama to benefit from , he is on tape promiseing to be a diffrent sort of canadate , and a diffrent sort of president.>>

Yes, I agree with you.  That is the dilemma.  How can he promise change and give 'em Joe Biden?

Too bad.

Well then on the other hand , perhaps he has not given up on being a diffrent sort of politician , not gonna depend on shallow "gotcha" moments, trumped up accusations ,innuendo , callumny.....

You know the stuff we have been depending on to pick our presidents since Washingtons retirement.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 01:45:02 AM »
<<You know the stuff we have been depending on to pick our presidents since Washingtons retirement...>>

Better say "since FDR's death."   All my American aunts, uncles and cousins who were old enough to have voted for FDR voted for him from motives of pure adulation.  Not for ANY of the stuff you just mentioned. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:12:08 AM »
<<You know the stuff we have been depending on to pick our presidents since Washingtons retirement...>>

Better say "since FDR's death."   All my American aunts, uncles and cousins who were old enough to have voted for FDR voted for him from motives of pure adulation.  Not for ANY of the stuff you just mentioned. 

I beleive mud was slung in FDR's direction.

Didn't he once say the insults didn't bother him , but Fallah was takeing them hard?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
I had a recording of a speech where FDR said the Republicans were no longer content to insult him, his wife and his family, but now "They even include my little dog, Fallah."

Unfortunately I don't recall him saying how Fallah was taking it, but if he said that, it must have been hilarious.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
I had a recording of a speech where FDR said the Republicans were no longer content to insult him, his wife and his family, but now "They even include my little dog, Fallah."

Unfortunately I don't recall him saying how Fallah was taking it, but if he said that, it must have been hilarious.

Of course , FDR had a grand sense of humor , as many people of such high intelligence do , it is a usefull quality for leadership.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »
Found it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"These Republican leaders have not been content with attacks on me, on my wife, or on my sons. No, not content with that, they now include my little dog, Fala. Well, of course, I don't resent attacks... but Fala does resent them. "

Franklin D. Roosevelt, about allegations that his Scottie had been left behind on an Alaskan island, and a destroyer was dispatched to bring him home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dogquotations.com/heads-of-state-and-royalty.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Thanks, plane - - that WAS funny.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
Well ,...I like FDR even if I don't like all of his policys , I still like his attitude.

He could criticise harshly or diplomaticly and never without class.

This Fala comment is a great example of how to respond to criticism.