Author Topic: The American Dream is True. McCain just proved it to me.  (Read 3863 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The American Dream is True. McCain just proved it to me.
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
Hearing Sarah Palin News Made Me Cry

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The American Dream is True. McCain just proved it to me.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:42 PM »
Hearing Sarah Palin News Made Me Cry

Funny thing Obama made the safe choice in Biden

McCain proves he makes bold moves

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »
Perhaps even more so Kramer, Obama picked the polar opposite to his mantra on change, while McCain picked precisely what Obama should have picked in a VP candidate, the epitome of change

As piss poor a decision it was to have McCain be the GOP candidate, McCain's stock just went up immeasurably in my book, knowing the message he just sent to the rest of the country, that Sarah could be your next President.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
Perhaps even more so Kramer, Obama picked the polar opposite to his mantra on change, while McCain picked precisely what Obama should have picked in a VP candidate, the epitome of change

As piss poor a decision it was to have McCain be the GOP candidate, McCain's stock just went up immeasurably in my book, knowing the message he just sent to the rest of the country, that Sarah could be your next President.

Sirs

I'm crying for joy at this moment and at the same time I have chills racing up me spine. I would love to be in the Obama war room right now.

I'm kidding about crying but I'm sure Brassmask is crying right about now.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
WOOHOO!!!!!
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
WOOHOO!!!!!

Right on Dick

The Dems HERE are so quiet I can hear a pin drop.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »
I'm sure their war room is working overdrive, however.  They need to figure out how Biden can say Bimbo in every other sentence, and not have rotten eggs thrown at him

Seriously though, this was a major league curveball pick thrown at the Obamamites, and the political timing couldn't have been shrewder.  Instead of today's media focus being on last night's Obama speech, it's wall to wall coverage of the Palin pick

I swear, both patients and staff here at the hospital, that's all their talking about

NOW..........let's see what kind of bump this gives McCain, compared to the Biden pick for Obama which was..........minus a few points?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »
Classic definition of transparency - - even sirs can see through it.  If YOU could see through the manoeuvre, picking a veep for the cheap headline effect, who in the whole fucking country could not?

Put another way:  this guy picks someone to replace him as President if his 72-year-old ticker should suddenly quit, a distinctly sobering possibility - - and he picks a bimbo for the sole purpose of stealing a headline from Obama for a day??  THAT is the kind of judgment the country expects from their President?  Lotsa luck McCain.  Do you realize how fucking STUPID anyone would have to be to vote for this guy now?  Judgment, my ass.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »
LOL....apparently Tee lives in a world where Politicians actually refrain from making any politically driven decisions.....oh like....picking a VP candidate that's the polar opposite of one's campaign mantra, but may shore up some electoral votes somewhere.

Yep, pretty transparent, Tee      ;D

The irony of course is that Tee would be singing the praises how how great a judgement and shrewdess it shows in Obama, with such timing, had the roles been reversed...stealing McCain's thunder.  Oh man, this must bite, big time for Tee

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Well, since I'm not a citizen, I can just laugh at the whole fucking thing, but look at it this way, sirs.  The day after inauguration day, John McCain goes to that great military base in the sky, leaving you in the good hands of your new President,  the Alaskan Bimbo, with some fabulous experience as mother of five, runner-up in the Miss Alaska contest of 1952 (just kidding, that was 1953!) mayor and chief dog-sled rigger of some hamlet of 3,000 people and 1st-term governor of the Great State of Alaska.  WOW!!  What superpower could be luckier?

I don't think too many of you would be thanking McCain for the favour.  All for the sake of a cheap headline one day in August.  Per-fec-to.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »
McCain stealing Obama's thunder........the bastard

:D

and if it's a choice between Palin & Biden, that's a no brainer given Biden's strident bitchy liberal background

and if it's a choice between Bush III or Carter II, again that's a no brainer either.  Bush easily over Carter, given the misery index Carter brought to the forefront

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »
Finally, we've heard the last of the McCain camp claiming that Obama is not experienced enough to be president.

Congratulations on your nominee.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »
Strange...I wasn't aware Palin was running for President.  Enlighten us, please

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 02:51:40 PM »
Y'all really like the choice?

I'm a little surprised. I have some friends here who are extremely conservative and they are pissed!

One of my co-workers said that "two years as governor of a state that depends on the federal government is awful." Are you all towing the line or are you genuinely happy? If the latter, why? What about Governor Palin do you like? What has she done that you find agreeable?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
Y'all really like the choice?

I'm a little surprised. I have some friends here who are extremely conservative and they are pissed!

One of my co-workers said that "two years as governor of a state that depends on the federal government is awful." Are you all towing the line or are you genuinely happy? If the latter, why? What about Governor Palin do you like? What has she done that you find agreeable?

So pissed they are going to vote Obama - I think not...