Author Topic: shampoo, "Avatar", racism and sexism  (Read 1815 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
shampoo, "Avatar", racism and sexism
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:55:30 AM »
Just to stir the pot, and to see if some of the women lurking about out there (you know you're there) will comment, I present again comments from the self-described "Female Misogynist".

http://malechauvinist.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-good-grief.html
         But what I need to vent about was her post about shampoo. Yes, shampoo. She has this one post about how she was in a good mood until she went to the drugstore and saw how sexist the packaging for shampoo is. You know, all the women's shampoos were in pastel colors and had swirly things and the men's were in red and black and had sharp angles on the labels. And oh the oppression of it just overwhelmed her! How can we ever be free when those monstrous companies put our shampoo in pink bottles? Teh horror!

I dunno, I just can't feel it. Yeah, my shampoo is in this cream colored bottle with swirly things on it, but I can't say I feel particularly oppressed. I used to use Brut shampoo, years ago, because I liked the scent, so I guess I broke free of all that patriarchal packaging or something. Before writing this I glanced over the various products I use, and she's full of it. A lot of them have gender-neutral packaging - deodorant, for example. I mean, there's Secret and Axe, but a lot of them aren't marketed to any particular gender, they're just there. How about Sure? It's for everyone, even the Statue of Liberty!

[...]

Actually, her syndrome is not unique. Liberals, in order to get into power, have trained people to see oppression everywhere. We MRA's are constantly bombarded with bullshit about how women are equal to men, but liberals manage not to notice this and instead will find, even in the most misandrist message, some little thing they can interpret as sexist. The same with race; the fight against racism has long since dispensed with demanding that everyone be judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin and instead has become basically reverse racism, with white people always presented as evil and greedy and so on with black people always being warm-hearted, wholesome, honest, etc. But even though TV shows and movies present most criminals as white even though that's not how it is in reality and constantly gives us black or Latino people in brainy professions which are currently dominated by whites and Asians - there's even a burglar alarm commercial which shows a white burglar trying to break into a black family's home - still nonwhites who feel like being sensitive can always find racism somewhere in the most anti-white propaganda bullshit. Example: the movie Avatar, which was about how white people are so greedy and sadistic that they'll kill lots of sentient beings just to make a profit. (This is of course what liberals literally believe.) The only way to atone for being white is to get yourself up in blueface and betray your own race for nonwhite critters voiced by nonwhite actors. This is completely unambiguous anti-white progaganda, yet the reaction I saw from numerous nonwhite bloggers was how racist it was that the blue kittycats needed a white guy to lead them.

My point being, liberals can find imaginary oppression anywhere. There is literally nothing you white men can do which they will not find a way to interpret as racist and sexist. There is no way you can win this game.

[...]

This kind of claim of sexism just confirms that women are too silly to be taken seriously.

Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: shampoo, "Avatar", racism and sexism
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
Avatar was a fantasy, and not as silly as the phony WWII history "Inglorious Basterds". The plot was secondary to the FX, and of course it was silly. Having an enlightened White guy to save the Pandorans was a bit like the Japanese hiring an American actor to save the Japanese from Godzilla in the US version of that film. So that was also a tad silly.

As for shampoo, the packaging is directly related to price: the fancier the package, the more it costs. I tend to only expect clean hair from my shampoo. Conditioner is better when in a single product. If you want to smell really nice, cologne lasts longer than any scent the shampoo might leave behind.

I do not think that one woman writing one article can actually mean that all women feel the same way.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
I just wish I saw avatar non-3d

those glases are very uncomfortable.

I`m skipping all 3d movies till they solve this.

or until I get contacts

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
I just wish I saw avatar non-3d

those glases are very uncomfortable.

I`m skipping all 3d movies till they solve this.

or until I get contacts

Buy your own: http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm - they even make them as "clip-on" to put over your existing glasses. I like the "terminator" style wrap-around glasses.

Just make sure you know which format your local theater uses, linear or circular polarization.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »

I do not think that one woman writing one article can actually mean that all women feel the same way.

Of course not. But the woman who writes the "Female Misogynist" blog has a good point. One can find expressions of oppression anywhere and in anything if one chooses to do so. And some people seem inclined to do so. And she is also correct that finding it in shampoo bottles is ridiculous.

I do also agree with her that "Avatar" was a big liberal movie about a white guy who represented aggression and war, and who gained (supposed) enlightenment as he gave up his whiteman ways. Only in "Avatar" he gets the ultimate redemption because he gets to stop being a white guy altogether. The movie also had the usual liberal fetishization of the "noble savage". On the other hand, it was a very pretty movie.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:31:16 PM »
I remember the 1st indian i saw outside of canada and can`t help think it may not be genocide but it`s definately a close second.

don`t get me wrong I see the same stuff in B.C. but damn.

pretty much I only see a healthy strong indian on television.

alcohol is a hell of a thing.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:23 PM »
The movie also had the usual liberal fetishization of the "noble savage".

And also the other usual liberal fetishization - the military is made up of the dumb ones.

Twin bothers, the smart one becomes a scientist, the dumb one joins the military. At least, that was the way it was portrayed early in the movie - and as he got further away from the military, he appeared to get smarter.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »
Yes, Amianthus, good catch. You're right about that.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:59 AM »
Suppose you redid Avatar in such a way that the military are the good guys.

What would you have?

John Wayne's Green Berets defeating the Pandorans in armed conquest and winning?

A massacre of tall smurfs would not be a popular film.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Suppose you re-did "Avatar" in such a way that the story was as three dimensional as the images. Would that work, genius?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »
question

what`s a 3 dimensional story?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
character, content, context

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »
oh
gotta admit alot of hollywood`s movies don`t cover all that.

but indie film tend to od on that  to the point of not being generally entertaining .

explosions and shower scenes (starship troopers)does have social merit also.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
Suppose you redid Avatar in such a way that the military are the good guys.

What would you have?

John Wayne's Green Berets defeating the Pandorans in armed conquest and winning?

A massacre of tall smurfs would not be a popular film.

Starship Troopers