Author Topic: When is Hillary going to drop out?  (Read 1016 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
When is Hillary going to drop out?
« on: February 12, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

NY Hispanics Question Clinton Aide Exit
By MICHAEL GORMLEY ? 2 hours ago

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) ? Two New York Hispanic leaders said they would be upset if Hillary Rodham Clinton's Hispanic campaign manager was replaced because of primary losses they believe should be blamed on former President Clinton and others.

Patti Solis Doyle, whose parents were Mexican immigrants, stepped down as Clinton's campaign manager this weekend as Clinton was losing five Democratic contests to Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. Clinton has said Doyle's decision was a personal response to a grueling campaign, not about job performance. She added that Solis Doyle would remain a senior adviser and that her campaign needed to add more staff.

In a letter to Clinton dated Monday and obtained by The Associated Press, State Sen. Ruben Diaz Jr. and Assemblyman Jose Peralta, both New York City Democrats, wrote that they are inclined to believe the explanation, but "it will be very troubling to many if somehow we later find that she left her post under pressure because of the recent primary losses your campaign suffered."

The lawmakers credited Solis Doyle with helping build Hispanic support for Clinton and wrote that they hoped she was not "the one to take the blame and resign from her post instead of others involved with your campaign, including former President Clinton, who have caused serious problems and embarrassing situations for your campaign."

Bill Clinton was criticized when he suggested Obama's victory in South Carolina was a racial one, like the Rev. Jesse Jackson's there in 1988. Obama won with an overwhelming share of the South Carolina black vote. After the criticism of that and other remarks he made about Obama, the former president said he would stick to promoting his wife, rather than defending her.

Clinton has received solid majorities from Hispanic voters. They helped her win California and she is counting on them again in Texas' March 4 primary.

"She might be playing with fire with the Hispanic community," Diaz told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I just wanted them to know that we are not innocent, to believe that the person resigned on her own. No one resigns when things are going good."

Diaz has not endorsed a candidate for president. Neither Diaz nor Peralta is a superdelegate, the elected officials and party leaders who have a say in choosing the Democratic nominee.

Solis Doyle responded: "This my decision, my choice, my timing."

"I was really, really proud to be the first Hispanic woman to run a presidential campaign and particularly proud of the way Hispanics turned out and they turned out for Hillary," Solis Doyle added, "There was no pressure and while I'm sad not to have the role, I am so happy to be able to be home more with my kids."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gOFIWXP7EMXpABYANOODjGLdsbYgD8UP25I81
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: When is Hillary going to drop out?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:55:50 PM »
Clinton Deputy Campaign Manager Departs 

Feb 12 08:44 PM US/Eastern
By BETH FOUHY
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP)

Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton's deputy campaign manager
has stepped down amid a string of losses to rival Barack Obama.
Mike Henry announced his departure Tuesday, a day after
Maggie Williams replaced Patti Solis Doyle as Clinton's
campaign manager. Solis Doyle had recruited Henry to join
the team last year.

Henry was the campaign's main field architect and was best known for
penning a memo last spring urging Clinton not to compete in Iowa.
He called it "our consistently weakest state." The memo was leaked to
the media, which embarrassed Clinton as she was beginning to build an
organization in Iowa.

Clinton placed third in Iowa, behind Obama and John Edwards, who has since
left the race. Her campaign has struggled since then.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UP4O2G0&show_article=1&catnum=0

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
I think she weill fight tooth-n-nails and will, remarkable as it may seem, win the nomination and then the election in November. She will win the day as far as the nomination based on the superdelegates. And then she will hammer the Republicans on Iraq and the economy...

I hope I am wrong, though.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

fatman

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »
The best chance for a McCain Presidency is having Hillary run.  That alone is enough to get a lot of the die-hard conservatives out to vote, even for McCain.  Not to mention that there are a lot of moderates (I count myself in this camp) who are not the least bit enamored of Hillary.  Being First Lady is not a suitable resume for President, nor is one term in the Senate.  And neither have the economic or social power of the Kennedy's.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
i disgaree
i think Obama is now unstoppable
hillary does not stand a chance
obama is like a rock star
poor hillary thought she had it

Rich

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
Don't count out the Clinton machine.

Barack Hussein had better watch his back. This is Mrs. Clinton's only chance, and she's not going to go quietly.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »
Barack Hussein had better watch his back.

Rich, sadly I think that is true.
I doubt the Clinton's would have him killed
But honestly I wouldn't put it past them if they thought they could get away with it