Author Topic: Robert Novak Has Brain Tumor  (Read 2660 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Robert Novak Has Brain Tumor
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
I don't know, Plane....you tend to KNOW aLL.....Why don't you explain it to us.

Sometimes your own devilish cancer of sorts seems to rip open the very soul of a post.

I have taken umbrage with you many a time....the devil is in the details, and you do not always make sense, either.

Cool

Thanks

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 04:28:41 PM »
I, for one, find it a little too convenient that he is now a cancer victim.  It was stated in article that they automatically give people MRI (or whatever) when they are of a certain age and have an accident in which they don't recall hitting someone so maybe I'm just a paranoid tinfoil hat-wearer.

Novakula has been taking a lot of heat over the Plame Affair and then the accident and now, he's got a tumor. He just had that thing where he floated some mis-info on McCain's VP.  Could be a couple of conspiratorial scenarios going on with him. 

Could be he was given a tumor to get him in line or as payback for having loose lips and/or wrecking some scheme.

Could be he had a tumor and that caused him to have the accident and screwed up his stories and wrecked some scheme.

Could be he was given a tumor because he helped with the Bush junta and now he's gotten greedy and is making demands that are unreasonable.

Just saying.

(The neo-cons are exactly like the Mafia.  Sometimes they just have to kill some folks off or destroy their cred in order to maintain a certain don's power.)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
knute is just jealous because he could never have a brain tumor himself.  Presupposes the existence of a brain, it does.

:D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
Too much cell phone?

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
knute is just jealous because he could never have a brain tumor himself.  Presupposes the existence of a brain, it does.

:D

Amoronic grin for a moronic statement. How fitting

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:06 PM »
And how ironic
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:05:24 PM »
Note to self , Knute does not appreaciate Moronic statements.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
Novakula has been taking a lot of heat over the Plame Affair and then the accident and now, he's got a tumor.

Why should Novak take heat for the Plame Affair?

From whom?

Knutey

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »
Novakula has been taking a lot of heat over the Plame Affair and then the accident and now, he's got a tumor.

From whom?

It wont be from the CIA agents that died due to her outing you can be sure of that

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/7/20/04918/1941

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

From whom?

Novakula spilled his guts and Rover and the gang don't want to go to jail so they put the heat on Novakula to get him to shut his mouth.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »
Novakula spilled his guts and Rover and the gang don't want to go to jail so they put the heat on Novakula to get him to shut his mouth.

I don't recall Noval spilling his guts to anyone. And Armitage was the leak, so Rove had nothing to worry about.

Actually Novak played into Wilson's hand. Making Valerie a cause celebre for the left and a source of negative headlines for a year.

You don't think Novak was a beneficiary of Soros funds do you?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »

I don't recall Noval spilling his guts to anyone. And Armitage was the leak, so Rove had nothing to worry about.

Actually Novak played into Wilson's hand. Making Valerie a cause celebre for the left and a source of negative headlines for a year.

You don't think Novak was a beneficiary of Soros funds do you?

From Wikipedia...    ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Novak )

CIA leak scandal
Main articles: CIA leak scandal and CIA leak scandal timeline

In 2003, he identified Valerie Plame as a CIA "operative" in his column. Novak reported the information was provided to him by two "senior administration officials." These were eventually revealed to be Richard Armitage, with Novak assuming Karl Rove's comments as confirmation.[10] During 2005, there were questions in the press regarding the apparent absence of focus on Novak by the special prosecutor Fitzgerald and the grand jury, specifically questions suggesting he may have already testified about his sources despite insisting publicly that he would not do so. On July 12, 2006, Novak published a column at Human Events stating:

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has informed my attorneys that, after two and one-half years, his investigation of the CIA leak case concerning matters directly relating to me has been concluded. That frees me to reveal my role in the federal inquiry that, at the request of Fitzgerald, I have kept secret. I have cooperated in the investigation while trying to protect journalistic privileges under the First Amendment and shield sources who have not revealed themselves. I have been subpoenaed by and testified to a federal grand jury. Published reports that I took the Fifth Amendment, made a plea bargain with the prosecutors or was a prosecutorial target were all untrue.[11]

When Richard Armitage admitted to being a source, Novak wrote an op-ed column describing Armitage's self-disclosure as "deceptive."[12]

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »
Deceptive as in incomplete:

Armitage's Leak

By Robert D. Novak
Thursday, September 14, 2006; A21

When Richard Armitage finally acknowledged last week that he was my source three years ago in revealing Valerie Plame Wilson as a CIA employee, the former deputy secretary of state's interviews obscured what he really did. I want to set the record straight based on firsthand knowledge.

First, Armitage did not, as he now indicates, merely pass on something he had heard and that he "thought" might be so. Rather, he identified to me the CIA division where Mrs. Wilson worked and said flatly that she recommended the mission to Niger by her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson. Second, Armitage did not slip me this information as idle chitchat, as he now suggests. He made clear that he considered it especially suited for my column.

An accurate depiction of what Armitage actually said deepens the irony of his being my source. He was a foremost internal skeptic of the administration's war policy, and I had long opposed military intervention in Iraq. Zealous foes of George W. Bush transformed me, improbably, into the president's lapdog. But they cannot fit Armitage into the left-wing fantasy of a well-crafted White House conspiracy to destroy Joe and Valerie Wilson. The news that he, and not Karl Rove, was the leaker was devastating for the left.

A peculiar convergence had joined Armitage and me on the same historic path. During his quarter of a century in Washington, I had had no contact with Armitage before our fateful interview. I tried to see him in the first 2 1/2 years of the Bush administration, but he rebuffed me -- summarily and with disdain, I thought.

Then, without explanation, in June 2003, Armitage's office said the deputy secretary would see me. This was two weeks before Joe Wilson outed himself as author of a 2002 report for the CIA debunking Iraqi interest in buying uranium in Africa.

I sat down with Armitage in his State Department office the afternoon of July 8 with tacit rather than explicit ground rules: deep background with nothing said attributed to Armitage or even to an anonymous State Department official. Consequently, I refused to identify Armitage as my leaker until his admission was forced by "Hubris," a new book by reporters Michael Isikoff and David Corn that absolutely identified him.

Late in my hour-long interview with Armitage, I asked why the CIA had sent Wilson -- who lacked intelligence experience, nuclear policy expertise or recent contact with Niger -- on the African mission. He told The Post last week that his answer was: "I don't know, but I think his wife worked out there."

Neither of us took notes, and nobody else was present. But I recalled our conversation that week in writing a column, while Armitage reconstructed it months later for federal prosecutors. He had told me unequivocally that Mrs. Wilson worked in the CIA's Counterproliferation Division and that she had suggested her husband's mission. As for his current implication that he never expected this to be published, he noted that the story of Mrs. Wilson's role fit the style of the old Evans-Novak column -- implying to me that it continued reporting Washington inside information.

Valerie Plame Wilson's name appeared in my column July 14, 2003, but it was not until Oct. 1 that I was contacted about it by Armitage, indirectly. Washington lobbyist Kenneth Duberstein, Armitage's close friend and political adviser, called me to say that the deputy secretary feared he had "inadvertently" (the word Armitage used in last week's interviews) disclosed Mrs. Wilson's identity to me in July and was considering resignation. (Duberstein's phone call was disclosed in the Isikoff-Corn book, which used Duberstein as a source. They reported that Duberstein was responsible for arranging my unexpected interview with Armitage.)

Duberstein told me Armitage wanted to know whether he was my source. I did not reply because I was sure that Armitage knew he was the source. I believed he contacted me Oct. 1 because of news the weekend of Sept. 27-28 that the Justice Department was investigating the leak. I cannot credit Armitage's current claim that he realized he was the source only when my Oct. 1 column revealed that the official who gave me the information was "no partisan gunslinger."

Armitage's silence for the next 2 1/2 years caused intense pain for his colleagues in government and enabled partisan Democrats in Congress to falsely accuse Rove of being my primary source. When Armitage now says he was mute because of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's request, that does not explain his silent three months between his claimed first realization that he was the source and Fitzgerald's appointment on Dec. 30, 2003. Armitage's tardy self-disclosure is tainted because it is deceptive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/13/AR2006091301572_pf.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:48 PM »
Armitage's tardy self-disclosure is tainted because it is deceptive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/13/AR2006091301572_pf.html

And self serving?

Can we suppose that Armitage has little loyalty to the President and none to Rove?
What really was his purpose?