Author Topic: Let's just throw the rule-book away  (Read 9106 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Let's just throw the rule-book away
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 02:01:50 PM »
And yet when i told you your conclusions were wrong, you persist with your accusations.

I'm sure, in your mind, your conclusions were justified. Unfortunately you concluded wrong, and that is OK, it happens to the best of us. No one will think less of you because of your error.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
And yet when i told you your conclusions were wrong, you persist with your accusations.

Already addressed that.  You merely said, I was wrong.  You left your claim wide open, and even reinforced the notion it was my position with the added comments about how grim I was making things appear, and never once, until here, a whopping 7 posts later reference that it was YOUR position.  Not 1 post or even 3 posts later

In most rationally minded folks minds, one could have concluded as I did.  Context actually matters.  Stating I was wrong wasn't good enough.  You needed to indicate how so, by merely saying it was your position.  Why it took you so long to clarify yourself is.......your cross to bare

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
I find it odd that you just can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong. It's always someone else's fault.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »
And AGAIN in error.  Wow.  I made a completely valid & rational conclusion, based on the vagueness of your initial response, and instead of you clarifying yourself, right from the beginning, you've perpetuated this line of dialog adnauseum.  My being "wrong" was faciltiated by your acute lack of clarification on your part, simple as that. 

I don't read minds Bt.  Your simple say so no longer has the same street cred it once had, either.  You needed to clarify why I was wrong
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
Let's review again:

BT says:
So resistance is futile.

The libs outsmarted the conservatives, because the libs took the longview and built a farm system that can go on for decades.

sirs fires back:

I don't think I ever said that.  But it wouldn't be the 1st time your conclusions on my position were grossly in error.  I'm merely providing you a status report

BT clarifies:

I don't believe I stated that was your position, though you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim.

I admire your fortitude for not accepting the things that seemingly can not be changed.

That should have been the end of it. Unless:

1. You are calling me a liar
or

2. You got it wrong but can't bring yourself to admit it.

Hopefully it is the latter.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »
Let's review again:

BT says:
So resistance is futile.

The libs outsmarted the conservatives, because the libs took the longview and built a farm system that can go on for decades

sirs fires back:

I don't think I ever said that.  But it wouldn't be the 1st time your conclusions on my position were grossly in error.  I'm merely providing you a status report

BT (psuedo)clarifies:

I don't believe I stated that was your position, though you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim.

Context is everything.  You realize when a person makes an apology for x, but then follows it up with a "but.....", it pretty much negates the apology, right?  Your "though...." did largely the same thing.  If you had simply clarified with  I don't believe I stated that was your position, I was stating mine, we wouldn't be having this conversation

Yes, I thank you again for this review

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »
I didn't apologize for your mistake. Why should I?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
Wasn't asking you to.  My "mistake" was facilitated by your lack of clarity.  I'm merely demonstrating how you could have saved the saloon from alot of extraneous non-relevent bandwith.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
You realize when a person makes an apology for x, but then follows it up with a "but.....", it pretty much negates the apology, right?  Your "though...." did largely the same thing. If you had simply clarified with  I don't believe I stated that was your position, I was stating mine, we wouldn't be having this conversation

So who was making the apology?

If i wasn't stating your position, and I immediately clarified that i wasn't stating your position, it would follow that i was stating mine. Why you took the leap and assume i was stating Plane's position, if i wasn't stating your position,  I don't know.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »
You realize when a person makes an apology for x, but then follows it up with a "but.....", it pretty much negates the apology, right?  Your "though...." did largely the same thing.  If you had simply clarified with  I don't believe I stated that was your position, I was stating mine, we wouldn't be having this conversation

So who was making the apology?

That was an example, nothing more.  sorry for any confusion.  It was used to explain how your "though...." was like an apology's "but".  It pretty much negated any attempt to make it a position you were taking.  I demonstrated precisely how you could have clearly made it your position, and been done with it

If i wasn't stating your position, and I immediately clarified that i wasn't stating your position, it would follow that i was stating mine.  Why you took the leap and assume i was stating Plane's position, if i wasn't stating your position,  I don't know.

Explained and shown for all to see already, with the "though.....".  We're done

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure those who have followed this thread can see the pathetic attempts you have made to avoid admitting you were wrong. And I guess you are saying you are done because you have run out of excuses.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
And I'm pretty sure those who have followed this ridiculous tangent can see the same pathetic attempts you've made you to wiggle out of your acute lack of clarity, which facilitated how I was "wrong". 

Examples: 
Vague; I don't believe I stated that was your position, though you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim

Crystal clear; I wasn't stating that was your position, I was stating it was mine

Yes, we are indeed done

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
For those of whom English is not their second language:

I don't believe I stated that was your position, though you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim

Mean that I did not state that resistance was futile was your position.

What I did state was that your position on the situation in California painted a pretty grim position.

But i certainly did not imply that you had given up, as noted in my post here:
I admire your fortitude for not accepting the things that seemingly can not be changed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
Context, also noted for those who's English is their primary laguage....... "though......." painted a position that was contrary to your "belief"   Clarity on your part would have been helpful, in the subsequent post(s).  We finally got that clarity 7 posts later
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:41:52 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
Clarity on your part would have been helpful, in the subsequent post(s).

And if clarity was your quest you could have asked for it without the accusations.

But you didn't.