Author Topic: Kim Jong Il has croaked  (Read 3408 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kim Jong Il has croaked
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:14:57 PM »
{I was going to copy an image here, but I can't seem to get it to appear}

What a totally cool photo for a short little pudgy guy that measured 5'3" in platform shoes!

We should remember him like this: an obvious distortion of reality, obviously distorted to everyone. Dear Leader, who replaced his father, Great Leader, has died at 69, only two years older than the Newtster. It was the only father-to-son transfer of power in a Communist state.

Kim Jong Il, who Senator Jesse Helms once referred to as "Kim Jong the Second" has died, apparently passing the throne on to his son Kim Jong Un, who seems to be spelling his name Kim Jong Eun lately.

We should remember him as the best propagandist, ever. Now that title will pass on to Fox News, and Kim Jong Eun will have to fight to get it back.

Kim Jong Eun will need a title: "Fearless Leader", perhaps? Boris and Natasha have departed and the title is available on E-Bay, I hear.

Donald Trump still holds the title for weirdest male hairdo, but whoever was in third place is now in second.

They say he died of cancer. Hugo Chávez also has cancer. Could it be that the CIA has a new secret weapon?

For those actually interested in North Korea, I recommend the graphic novel Pyongyang, by Canadian cartoonist Guy Delisle as a start, and Bruce Cumings, North Korea: Another Country.

Some of what we hear is propaganda, some isn't: the best description of what we know of North Korea is "incomplete".

I don't know whether North Korea is likely to become unstable or not. The military seems to have been in control there since Kim fell ill in 2008. South Korea is a prosperous nation, but a bit reluctant to want to unify itself with the North, because of what they observed when the two Germanys reunited in 1990, which caused a variety of disruptions, which resulted in the end of a whole generation of politicians. Angela Merkel is the daughter of an East German minister.

The North Korean generals probably realize that the people would be vastly better off if Korea were unified, but it would NOT be better for them to go from being an important person to being a taxi driver. There are no likely openings in management for a Communist Army officer or bureaucrat in the government of a unified Korea.

Together, the two Koreas would be the 84th country in area and the 18th in population. The South has 49 million, the North has 24 million, together that makes 73 million. In area it measures 84,000 mi²., which is 2,000 mi² larger than Kansas.

The Chinese are the most concerned, since the border is longer and easier to cross into China than the border with S. Korea.Japan is also influential in this area, as is Russia, that shares a short border with North Korea.

It could be good news or bad news for Obama's re election, as there are factors that are entirely outside Obama's or any US president's control that could be positive or negative.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:22:53 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Kin Jong Il has croaked
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
How would this be any news, good or bad, for Obama's election chances?  His own record is so bad that.......he authorized a Seal team to go in, and make it look like natural causes??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »
Yeah, that's is, sirs.

A mind like a steel trap!

If the CIA could give cancer to unpleasant world leaders, they certainly would not publicize it.

Only after the Shah of Iran was dead and gone did the word get out that they got a specimen of his pee from a bogus urinal.
The CIA knew the Shah was doomed before he or any Iranians knew, it seems.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »
Still waiting for an answer to the question.  I realize that deflection efforts, outside of personal insults movie critiquing are your strengths, but give it a try......How would this be any news, good or bad, for Obama's election chances?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
I am not here to answer your questions, sorry.

Kim's death could be good, bad  or have no effect at all on the US elections. The North Koreans generally do something to show that they are in control and will put up with no nonsense from foreigners when they think they might look vulnerable.  They fired doff a missile this morning, not at anyone in particular. The President should not overreact to essentially harmless gestures ans posturing, and keep an eye on the situation.

I do not profess to have any expertise on what North Korea will do.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
I am not here to answer your questions, sorry.

Then what are you doing here in a debate forum, where we ask others questions, and those answers are then reinforced with some supportive back-up, be it facts and/or logic??

Kim's death could be good, bad  or have no effect at all on the US elections.

Good Gravy, can you be more vague??  How would it effect Obama's chances good or bad??  THAT is what you said......lemme quote it again...."It could be good news or bad news for Obama's re election, as there are factors that are entirely outside Obama's or any US president's control that could be positive or negative"

So, being this is a debate forum, how would it??

I do not profess to have any expertise on what North Korea will do.

You sure seem to profess to be an expert on Black people and boxing spectators.  Besides, this has nothing to do with "what NK does".  Or is that what you're trying to articulate, but struggling to do?  That this may cause NK to do "something", which would then potentially having Obama doing "something", then that "something" could influence his election chances?? 

If that's the case, could you have not responded in that fashion the 1st time asked vs the childish delfections that you're not here to answer questions?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »
I do not have any idea what the death of Kim Jong Il would have on the presidential election. It might have no effect at all.It does not seem to depend on what the President does so much as what Koreans and Chinese do.

I do know what many racists thought about Muhammad Ali, because they told me. I have a better view of the past than of the future.

Answering questions for you is a waste of time. You dispute anything and everything, and all discussions end up with you saying "asked and answered", or some claim that the wrong question was answered or yet another stupid digression into Juniorbush's (s)election, What Juniorbush knew before invading Iraq, and yada yada yada unto infinity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
Spoken like a true incoherent "professor".  Try taking a breath next time.

So, you're debunking your earlier position on how this could effect Obama's chances at re-election, because now you plead ignorance.  Which is fine, and probably points to the fact you perhaps shouldn't have made such a vague statement to begin with, if you had no intention of backing it up.  I actually thought you'd run with the most logical thought process, that of Obama reacting to "something" that NK might do, which would in turn likely effect Obama's re-election campain, but apparently you decided not to follow that path.  So be it

And your own person connection with racists who didn't like Ali, hardly paints some grand picture of boxing fans/spectators who go simply to "watch some uppity Negro get clobbered".  So I'm glad we can put that one to rest now as well. 

And you're close on the disputing anything/everything.  Pretty much anything/everything related to hardcore leftist policies, as well intentioned as they might sound or even conceived, rarely work in the real world.....unless we want to throw freedom and that which made this country great, right out the window

Which begs the follow-up, IIRC you dispute anything & everything conservative, right??  So, does that make you a waste of time??

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
   He is a Kim Ill, this is predictable.

Won't be long till North Korea does something dangerous and irritating , perhaps even deadly.

The new guy will have to prove he is toothy and potent , a worthy successor.

I think they will sink a Japaneese or S.Korean ship, kidnap a British actor , kill a randomly chosen Asian political leader and explode an A-bomb.

Why is this predictable?

Because we have been through it before.

This really will be a good oppurtunity for the President of Hope and Change to confrount the same old threat in a new way.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 02:51:08 AM »
...but don't be surprised if its merely more of his appeasement policy

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 11:49:49 AM »
 I think they will sink a Japaneese or S.Korean ship, kidnap a British actor , kill a randomly chosen Asian political leader and explode an A-bomb.

==============================================
I would imagine a rocket test or firing on a ship or that island might be likely. But exploding an A-bomb, no. They have never done that. There is a line that they know that they will not be allowed to cross, and nuclear weapons are clearly one of them. perhaps they will cause some disruption along the DMZ.

There are no doubt secret messages being exchanged between the various other five members of the talks: Japan, South Korea, Russia, China and the US. I doubt they would deliberately kidnap a British actor. Why mess with the UK?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
I would imagine a rocket test or firing on a ship or that island might be likely. But exploding an A-bomb, no. They have never done that.

North Korea has exploded nuclear devices on 2006/10/09 and 2009/05/25.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
I maybe getting bogus info ,but I still use it. I read recently that the average n.korean is 2 inches shorter than the south due to nutrition and the majority of the poorer classes has always been unhappy with the regime. despite n.korea has a larger army it also has alot of outmoded tech. so n.korea maybe in a more vulnerable position than expected

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45725040/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/t/cigars-cognac-mass-starvation-facts-divide-north-korea-world/

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
I would imagine a rocket test or firing on a ship or that island might be likely. But exploding an A-bomb, no. They have never done that.

North Korea has exploded nuclear devices on 2006/10/09 and 2009/05/25.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Kin Jong rot in hell a-hole...for stealing the north korean people's potential!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987