Author Topic: Sarah Pailin has finally convinced even her fans that she is nuts.  (Read 1840 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bill Maher points out that Sarah Palin has left the rails, and even her fans are recognizing this.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/07/1362941/-Bill-Maher-asks-a-favor-of-Republicans-slamming-Sarah-Palin?detail=email

Trickle down economics is like having three dogs, and throwing a weenie to one of them, thinking "He'll share it with the others".

The rest of us have been watching this dog eat grass for seven years.

I ask you, What is this foolish woman doing in Iowa?

I am all for her being there, but really, what is the point?

We can say the same thing about "The Donald".  We are still waiting for the surprising information his envoys found out about the President's birth certificate.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Sarah Pailin has finally convinced even her fans that she is nuts.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
  This is an exaggeration.

Critics have been waiting years for Sara Palin to have a bad day.

Who has ever heard Sara Palin say that "trickle down economics " was the right way to go?

What conservative ever has?

"Trickle down economics " is a buzzword, there is nothing real about it.

For example who is it that is supposed to be throwing that hot dog?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
The boss throws the hot dog to the top dog, and he is expected to share it with the lesser canines, I imagine.

Sarah Palin liked to rant about lowering taxes. I never heard her talk about economics, but this Maher did not say that she did. He said that Republicans, now that they have recognized that Sarah Palin is a babbling loon, should also admit that trickle down economics, which is a key to all their tax cut shpiel, is another bit of nonsense that they should cease repeating.

One never needs to wait long for Sarah the Ditz to say something incoherent and dumb. What I do not understand is why is she in Iowa?  Does she really think that anyone is going to fund her to run for president?  "The Donald" could perhaps fund himself. But neither of them has the teensiest chance of being taken for serious presidential candidates.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »
...also admit that trickle down economics, which is a key to all their tax cut shpiel,....

And it isn't.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
Yes, it is.

Lower taxes on business, and it will stimulate the economy. blah blah blah blablabla. It is the only song they sing, the only poem they recite.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »
Yes, it is.

Lower taxes on business, and it will stimulate the economy. blah blah blah blablabla. It is the only song they sing, the only poem they recite.

No , this is what is said about them.

Can you quote Ronald Reagan , either Bush 41 0r 43 or Sara Palin using the term "trickle down" and advocating for it?

If you find a good quote that includes that phrase it will probably be  one of the Clintons or Tina Fey.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:22:33 PM »
The term has been attributed to humorist Will Rogers, who said during the Great Depression that "money was all appropriated for the top in hopes that it would trickle down to the needy...."
"The Merriam-Webster Dictionary notes that the first known use of trickle-down as an adjective meaning "relating to or working on the principle of trickle-down theory" was in 1944..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics

Oh ho!

Its about FDR and the alphabet agencys??

I am surprised.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:27:42 PM by Plane »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 12:01:44 AM »
That was money trickling down from the government. Not the same thing.

I never said that Reagan was original. But this trickle down crap is the essence of GOP policy. Every candidate wants a tax cut.

Their favorite phrase is against "tax and spend". But ALL governments tax and all governments spend, except for maybe Kuwait, the UAE and Qatar. They sell oil and spend.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:26 AM »
But this trickle down crap is the essence of GOP policy.

No.

This is an absolute fallacy.

Would you like me to teach you some Spanish vocabulary and grammar?

Since I do not have a complete enough grasp of the subject to keep native speakers from laughter, perhaps I should not try that.

Critics of Republican economic policy get it backwards and you should not accept their criticism as the horses mouth.

Get the Thomas Sowell opinion , he is the genuine article and is qualified to explain Republican economic policy planks, his explanation of the subject is the exact opposite of "trickle down" and is a lot closer to the real world .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:38 AM »
What could possibly be the exact reverse of trickle down?  Bubble up?
I am not going to waste my time reading Sowell or other Cato types justify what a wondrous process it is that causes wealth to be more and more concentrated  at the very top, and how utterly delicious the crumbs that fall from their lofty heights are and how thankful we are to live in a place with such delicious crumbs.

I have read all the Sowell and Austrian School crap that I need to. 

It is like listening to a buzzard explaining his dietary compulsions. 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
There is no doubt that trickle down economics is a rewarding dynamic reality of a free market system.
That's why most countries at the high end of the Human Development Index are pro-business/free enterprise.
A free market pro-business system rising tide raises everyone better than any other system on the planet.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
Which are the world's most prosperous countries?

[url]http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=50&v=67/url]

The US is number 12 on a per capita basis.

We're Number Twelve!  We're Number Twelve!

That was we get to hold up TWO big foam fingers: in the words of Lawrence Welk, A one and a two!  Waver both hands.

But the truth is that most of Western Europe is ahead of us when it comes to things like health care, pensions, educational benefits and vacations.

The very rich have discovered how to increase the productivity of their workers, and how to keep all the money from that increase for themselves.
You don't travel, you don't read, and you are gullible as hell. There is no rising tide anymore: the upper 1% are on a giant ever growing volcano that is higher than Everest.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:23:59 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 01:02:08 AM »
What could possibly be the exact reverse of trickle down?  Bubble up?
That is very close! But what is the opposite of a fallacy? Reality! How much monetary value do you think is actually created in the top office?   
I am not going to waste my time reading Sowell or other Cato types justify what a wondrous process it is that causes wealth to be more and more concentrated  at the very top, and how utterly delicious the crumbs that fall from their lofty heights are and how thankful we are to live in a place with such delicious crumbs.?
That is the best way to learn anything! Skip right past the writings of those who know it well. You cannot characterize the actual platform of "trickle Down" you just are not doing it.

I have read all the Sowell and Austrian School crap that I need to. 

It is like listening to a buzzard explaining his dietary compulsions.

Hahahaha!

There is a scavenger component of the economy , do you think there should not be?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »
That was money trickling down from the government. Not the same thing.

Worse?

If money does not effectively trickle down from the government , how is it supposed to be effectively trickling down from anywhere else?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »
There is no doubt that trickle down economics is a rewarding dynamic reality of a free market system.
That's why most countries at the high end of the Human Development Index are pro-business/free enterprise.
A free market pro-business system rising tide raises everyone better than any other system on the planet.

You are seeing something I am not.

How does a free market relate to "trickle down"?