Author Topic: Fault line $  (Read 605 times)

Cynthia

Fault line $
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
Blame Clinton for Fannie Mae breakdown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 07, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

© 2008 

There are many people to blame for the current economic crisis and the nearly $1 trillion taxpayer bailout designed to fix it.

I believe Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., and the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, should have been forced to resign for his failure to see this debacle coming. I believe Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., and chairman of the House Banking Committee, who proudly proclaimed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sound just last July, should be forced to resign in disgrace. And I believe Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., who irresponsibly started the first bank run at IndyMac as surely as the miserly Mr. Potter did in "It's a Wonderful Life," should be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington on an Acela Express Amtrak rail.

All informed people today also know about the role of Franklin Raines defrauding tens of millions to line his own pockets with bonuses. He should be breaking rocks at Sing Sing, not flirting with a Cabinet post in a Barack Obama administration.

But little has been mentioned about the very public role of the Clinton administration in pressuring Fannie Mae to expand mortgage loans to low-income people simply not qualified for them.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77187

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fault line $
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
uhm
I think it was brought up at least twice here for the past month and I think I posted a semirebuttle to it a few days ago.
but I do notice it has very under the radar feel when it got to the news.

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
uhm
I think it was brought up at least twice here for the past month and I think I posted a semirebuttle to it a few days ago.
but I do notice it has very under the radar feel when it got to the news.

Well, this notion/excuse/reasoning etc...is going to be burned  on the bridge to everywhere when the vaporized dollar has no place to go but down....black rain.

Why not post a thought in the direction of this issue more than once?  Hey, Children need to hear a new vocabulary word at least 12 times in order to fully understand it! (Not 4 as was previously believed. ;) d'oh Now there's a word for ya....Dough Doe D'oh .... de oh dough!

Clinton is a liberal. Clinton brought about Freddie. Liberals do not always want to give up and tighten the belt. True?

SO, I ask...why are we not looking at who started this fiasco? Not the Republicans. Yet, I bet Bush as stupid as he was with his foreign affair ---kick em Harry and make it quick Dick.....mindset...I am now going to questionyour average liberal from here on out.

We just can not have it all. We just can not afford to live beyond our means.

What a mess.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:05:22 PM by Cindy »

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »
We just can not have it all. We just can not afford to live beyond our means.

Who conned the American people into a war that has cost, just a rough guess here, over half a trillion dollars so far?

Who took a budget that was in good shape when Clinton left office and ran it into the ground?

Who called himself the 'deregulator'?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »
The Iraq War was unnecessary and Bush decided to pay for it by borrowing.

That is the root cause of the current financial mess.

It's not so much living beyond our means as warring beyond our means.

A comfortable retirement with Saddam Hussein in power is preferable to poverty without him running Iraq.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."