Author Topic: Comic Relief  (Read 4210 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Comic Relief
« on: November 19, 2006, 12:04:18 AM »
So i'm watching comic relief and listening to the jokes and i'm saying to myself , must be nice to be so confident in your fundraising skills that you can afford to alienate half your audience.

Makes me wonder if Bush bashing is more important than helping the Katrina Victims.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Comic Relief
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 12:17:49 AM »
Can a joke be funny without being about , injury , stupidity ,shame , death , loss or some sort of misfortune?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 12:19:35 PM »
Can a joke be funny without being about , injury , stupidity ,shame , death , loss or some sort of misfortune?

=====================================================================
Why yes!

Knock knock!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 04:08:38 PM »
Who is there?

And how will this punchline avoid one of the subjects I mentioned?

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 06:06:58 PM »
So i'm watching comic relief and listening to the jokes and i'm saying to myself , must be nice to be so confident in your fundraising skills that you can afford to alienate half your audience.

Makes me wonder if Bush bashing is more important than helping the Katrina Victims.
First of all, they are only losing one-third of the audience which are the hard core Bushidolators who only care about amassing wealth and not paying taxes . These are not the kind that give away anything, much less their hard-stolen lucre. Besides , if they only get a few sheckels it will be more the victims got from the Bushidiot. ( Not counting lip service).

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »

First of all, they are only losing one-third of the audience which are the hard core Bushidolators who only care about amassing wealth and not paying taxes . These are not the kind that give away anything, much less their hard-stolen lucre. Besides , if they only get a few sheckels it will be more the victims got from the Bushidiot. ( Not counting lip service).

Got any evidence that Liberals are more liberal with their money than conservatives are?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59953-2004Sep29.html

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2005/11/23/most-charitable-states-cx_lh_1125home_ls.html?partner=yahoo

As it turns out, there are profound regional differences both in how much money people give to charity and in what kinds of organizations they help support. According to a recent study by the Giving USA Foundation, which is part of the American Association of Fundraising Counsel in Glenview, Ill., American households donate an average 2% of their income to charitable causes each year.

But regional giving rates vary widely across the country. New Englanders, long derided for their stinginess, give an average of only 1.3% of their annual pretax income to charity. However, almost 82% of New England households participate in charitable giving. By contrast, only 65% of the residents of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states give to charity each year. But they give an average 2.2% of their income when they do.

Slide Show: Most Charitable States

Mucho

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 07:17:47 PM »

Got any evidence that Liberals are more liberal with their money than conservatives are?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59953-2004Sep29.html

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2005/11/23/most-charitable-states-cx_lh_1125home_ls.html?partner=yahoo

I am not talking about conservatives, but rather the 31% of fascistic Bushidolators left that still support the idiot. Many thoughtful conservatives have deserted the Bushidiot.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »
It is nice of you to make the distinction, it is true that Bush is not a perfect conservative.

But you seem to be asserting that someone who likes President Bush is going to be stingy .

I wonder how much this is simply because you are prone to attach negative qualitys to Bush and his supporters whether or not you have observed any such thing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »
Georgia comes in eighth.

Dang we must try harder.

Mucho

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »
It is nice of you to make the distinction, it is true that Bush is not a perfect conservative.

But you seem to be asserting that someone who likes President Bush is going to be stingy .

I wonder how much this is simply because you are prone to attach negative qualitys to Bush and his supporters whether or not you have observed any such thing.

The only thing the few (31%) Bush supporters really care about is their money and keeping it with tax cuts. I truly believe that if Bush said the only way he could win the war was by raising their taxes, they would have Us outa Iraq in a NY minute.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:57:08 PM by Mucho »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »
How would raiseing taxes help save Iraq?

Mucho

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »
How would raiseing taxes help save Iraq?

Because  Georgies only remaining 30% of hard core fascist tax-cut lovers would not support him or the war anymore and with 0% approval we would certainly leave thus saving that poor nation any further of his fucked up policies.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »
contrary to popular beleif

Presidential power does not depend on approval rateing polls.

Mucho

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »
contrary to popular beleif

Presidential power does not depend on approval rateing polls.

It ultimately does depend on support of the people and the Bushidiot no longer has that . The longer he is in power, the more damage he does and the more despised he becomes.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »

You know, I remember watching some Katrina relief concert last year not too long after the hurricane. My wife particularly likes to watch these things, primarily because of the music, but she's also a sucker for a sob story and Katrina was certainly a tragedy of epic proportions for the United States.

So some people played some songs and then Jack Black, whoc is some actor/comedian and some other guy talk about donating money. Mr Black then tells the viewers that they are lucky to have a home and a television and they need to give up their luxurious lives and throw some money to the Katrina fund. He's basically yelling at the television screen.

Now, that really pissed me off. I don't even know this son of a bitch from Adam, but where does he get off pretending to know that we all have wads of extra cash lying around to give away. And honestly, where does a talentless hack of an actor, who probably lives a rather plush existence get off giving anyone else a lecture on how great any of our lives are going? Where was his largesse? How does he know that some of the people he was berating weren't doing any better than some of the Katrina victims?

Sorry to rant, this just reminded me of that and it really pissed me off. My advice is that these guys aren't much more in touch with reality than the Bush's or the Kennedy's. Perhaps less so.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.