Author Topic: URGENT NATIONAL POLL! totally bogus!  (Read 779 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
URGENT NATIONAL POLL! totally bogus!
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
This stupid message keeps popping up.

To vote, you must give them your e mail address. I gave a throwaway address just to see what sort of stupid nonsense this was.

Then it loops into this schmuck peddling stupid silver coins and survivalist crap.

It is not a poll, it is just a ploy to diddle idiots who think that bogus coins and survival crap is some sort of bargain when sold at a 300% profit margin.

This is identified as a message from the "Tea Party Patriots".

Imbeciles preying on more imbecilic imbeciles.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: URGENT NATIONAL POLL! totally bogus!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52:48 PM »
Beware of organizations claiming to be Tea Party. The legitimate ones are local.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »
I would not send one cent to anyone claiming to be a tea party.

I would not buy gold coins from anyone advertising on the Internet.

I never buy any sort of investment product from anyone soliciting me to buy their stock.

I will investigate claims from reputable companies that I know and trust, like Fidelity, T Rowe Price, Schwab, TIAA and do my research before buying anything. Last year, I owned around 35 funds and ETFs, and three lost money, the worst went down 4%.

I get a lot of unsolicited prospectuses from various companies that claim to be on the edge of some huge breakthrough in oil, gas, gold and other mining ventures, and I add 1000 imaginary shares to an imaginary portfolio which now has 25 stocks, mostly penny stocks in it, all that claimed to be on the cusp of the Big Lucky Strike.
Not one has appreciated more than 10%, nearly all have lost money. None has paid a single dividend.

It's not hard to get accurate prices on gold coins. You have to be an utter idiot to buy from these survivalist types.
Gold is not that great an investment.I have bought gold ETFs on several occasions and never made more than 5%.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »
I am glad that you are not gullable in that way.

The guys that sell via spam or stupid advertisement need only sucessfully spoof one in ten thousand to make plenty of  money.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:39:24 AM »
The guys that sell via spam or stupid advertisement need only successfully spoof one in ten thousand to make plenty of  money.

======================================================
I can't go anywhere in Miami without seeing some fool twirling an "I buy Gold" sign.

If I had gold to sell, I sure would not bother with anyone obviously paying a huge amount in rent.

The Deak Pereira money changer in the Aventura Mall  will give you a rate 5% worse on Euros, Argentine pesos and Brazilian Reales than the cheapo money exchange  I use downtown. The same guy has been running the same shabby cubbyhole with the same pile of trash in the corner for the last 20 years. But he is friendly and honest and has better rates than anyone else. Sometimes he apologizes for a 2 cent difference from yesterday.

I have noticed that I am no longer getting pleas from Nigerians about how my relative dies in a car crash in Lagos and left me millions, or the sweet Ivory Coast babe who wants to split her father's fortune with me for my help in getting her money out of the country.

I have been unsuccessful at winning the Irish Sweepstakes and other European lotteries as well. I like to think that this may have been due to my erasing them all as spam. but I think that people are getting wiser to internet scams.