Author Topic: Obama Landslide  (Read 6036 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama Landslide
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »
Then why didnt you notice that I was telling the truth?

I was pointing out your lie by omission.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
Knuty did not say that you, Ami, failed to post your source for the 1980 election.He said that he did, and that you OFTEN do not, which implies on other occasions, not necessarily this one. I have not kept a count of the percentage each person posts sources, but that is not the issue.

This is not an example of a lie, by omission or otherwise.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
Knuty did not say that you, Ami, failed to post your source for the 1980 election.

The lie by omission was about the election results, not the source of the data.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
I don't see where Knuty lied, since he provided all the statistics.

The results of the 1980 election were that something like 49% did not prefer Reagan as president: some liked Anderson, some preferred Carter. I voted for Carter because I felt that he had been betrayed by Kissinger as well as people in the Reagan campaign conspiring against him in Iran. It was no coincidence at all that the hostages were released seconds after the Wrinkly One was sworn in: there had been a conspiracy to do this going on for months before.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »
The results of the 1980 election were that something like 49% did not prefer Reagan as president

And what did you say when others pointed out that in 1992, 57% of the population preferred someone other than Clinton? And that in 1996, nearly 51% of the population preferred someone other than Clinton?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 01:22:22 PM »
I believe I said that I agreed with those that preferred Clinton.

I disliked Reagan and I still think he was a disaster. I still like Clinton, and think that he was a much better president than Reagan.

I do not always agree with the majority, and I do not have to: quite often the majority make mistakes. I always try to avoid mistakes.

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
Knuty did not say that you, Ami, failed to post your source for the 1980 election.He said that he did, and that you OFTEN do not, which implies on other occasions, not necessarily this one. I have not kept a count of the percentage each person posts sources, but that is not the issue.

The point I was making which these two lame brains chose or were too stupid to see was that if the first Reagan victory was a landslide, so was Big O's . The real Reagan landslide was in his second term.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »
Actually, it is you , as usual , that is wrong . Even though Reagan's first win over Carter was called a landslide, he only got slightly over 50% .

You rarely get anything right.

Reagan got more than 9% of the popular vote over Carter (43,903,230 to 35,480,115) and got like 80% of the EC vote over Carter (489/90.9% to 49/9.1%).

And you never do because you never listen , but always shot off your arrogant mouth. All I said was that Reagan got barely over 50 % . There was a 3rd Party Candate that nearly got 7%

n 1980, Ronald Reagan carried 44 states with 489 electoral votes, compared to 49 for President Jimmy Carter, who won six states and the District of Columbia. But he only received 50.7% of the popular vote, while Carter took 41%, and Independent John B. Anderson (a liberal Republican) received 6.7%

And I posted my source something you rarely do.

More source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan#1980_presidential_campaign

Does this mean that 59% voted for other than the Incumbent?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »

The point I was making which these two lame brains chose or were too stupid to see was that if the first Reagan victory was a landslide, so was Big O's . The real Reagan landslide was in his second term.

Who really maintains that winning by a small percent is a landslide?

Reagans second election , or Nixons , were landslides , there hasn't been a Democrat leading a landslide since FDR.

Knutey

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

Who really maintains that winning by a small percent is a landslide?

Reagans second election , or Nixons , were landslides , there hasn't been a Democrat leading a landslide since FDR.

S'ok FDR had enough to make up for it.