Author Topic: Connection?  (Read 2143 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Connection?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
None of the problems was caused by illiterate people, either. So we should put illiterates in charge, by your lame standards.

People that haven't been to college CAN be more intelligent or as intelligent as those that have graduated from college. People that haven't graduated from college aren't always illiterate, And further your genius president really isn't very smart after all. Many people are self taught!

XO you are a bigot, racist and dunce all rolled up into one fat-ass ugly body!

http://freedomarizona.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/10-presidents-10-ceos-without-college-degrees/

Generally, most elected and appointed politicians and public officials do have academic degrees. When I researched which United States politicians did not have college degrees, I discovered a startling fact about 10 U.S. Presidents. The following list of Presidents are individuals that never attended or completed college:

George Washington, served as 1st President of the United States from 1789 to 1797
    Andrew Jackson, served as 7th President of the United States from 1829 to 1837
    Martin Van Buren, served as 8th President of the United States from 1837 to 1841
    William Henry Harrison, served as 9th President of the United States in 1941*
    Zachary Taylor, served as 12th President of the United States from 1849 to 1950*
    Millard Fillmore, served as 13th President of the United States from 1850 to 1853
    Abraham Lincoln, served as 16th President of the United States from 1861 to 1865*
    Andrew Johnson, served as 17th President of the United States from 1865 to 1869
    Grover Cleveland, served as 24th President of the United States from 1893 to 1897
    Harry S. Truman, served as 33rd President of the United States from 1945 to 1953

Three of the most famous Presidents — ones with their own dollar bills commemorating their legacies — were educated men, but possessed no official college or university degree recognizing their intelligence**.  A number of these men served in the military, were Senators, judges, Vice Presidents, or publicly served their states and country.

A few months back, I read this BusinessWeek article, CEOs Without College Degrees, that notes the top 16 successful business executives that never completed college or earned a paper diploma.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »
I did not say people who did not attend college are stupid or unqualified, I said that statistically, they are much less likely to be unemployed.

I really doubt that we will elect a president who did not attend college. It has been a long time since Harry Truman.

I did not say that a president had to have a college degree. I said that your comment that the present economic crisis was not caused by non-college grads is foolish, as a similar case can be made for illiterates and pinheads.

Being a CEO is hardly the be all and  end all of intellectual activity. I am unimpressed if all they could find was 16. 16 out of how many? All 500 companies in the S&P 500? That would be 3.2%.

If you went to college Kramer, seriously, you deserve to get a full refund.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:57:31 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
what does ent mean?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »
WENT, of course.

You must not be very good at crosswords if you cannot figure that one out.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
Bill Gates and Michael Dell did not finish college and it could be argued that
Bill Gates changed the world as much as any one individual in the last 100 years.

But with that said...education in my opinion is a huge piece of the puzzle in bringing those behind up to par.

After-all if the guy has a college degree..odds are...he's probably not gonna be breaking your door down to do a home invasion.

I wonder what percentage of prison inmates have college degrees? I bet it's pretty low.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
WENT, of course.

uck you

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
what does ent mean?

A forest sprit, like and elf or a dryad   sometimes portraed as an animated tree.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
WENT, of course.

uck you

Or not, belay my last.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
I know what and ent is, but in this case obvious word was WENT. If Kramer could not figure that out, then he is probably not very good at word games like crossword puzzles. His literary talents, such as they are, seems to be more of the bathroom stall poetry sort, and not as an original poet, either.