Author Topic: Just another Democrat  (Read 6774 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just another Democrat
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:01:00 AM »
I'm getting fed up with Obama already, not a good sign.  He's rebuked Wes Clarke for pointing out that McSame has practically no experience in the conduct of foreign relations, and that getting shot down and captured is NOT evidence of any innate ability to carry out the duties of a President.  He's rebuked MoveOn.org for its "General Betray Us" ad.  And he's starting to wave the flag like it was a talisman, forgetting that, as Samuel Johnson once famously said, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

If you give the people the choice between a real fascist and a fake, they'll take the real fascist.  People hate fakes.  The fakery indicates a contempt for their intelligence.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Just another Democrat
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
Look more carefully at what Obama said: he did not mention Clark by name, nor did he say that riding in a flighter plane and getting shot down does qualify one for the presidency.

I don't recall Obama saying anything that sounded Fascist.

In the primary, you must speak to the base of the Party so as to get the nomination.

In the general election, you must speak to the entire electorate.

In Canada, the PM is always elected by the Parliament and is in general agreement with the Parliament and the electorate.

Here in the US, government is structured in such a way as to prevent consensus.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
<<Look more carefully at what Obama said: he did not mention Clark by name, nor did he say that riding in a flighter plane and getting shot down does qualify one for the presidency.>>

XO, a lot of Obama's candidacy is necessarily based on innuendo.  He CAN'T say expressly what he's gonna do.  For example, I believe I know what "CHANGE" means and even if Obama didn't spell it out, I'll be very happy if certain changes occur and very unhappy if they don't.  Most of us know the changes to expect from an Obama administration and a Democratic Congress and will feel cheated if our expectations aren't met.  (including non-citizens and non-participants like me, who have a lot of hopes and dreams invested whether we can vote or not)

But innuendo is a two-edged sword.  By speaking as he did, immediately following Clark's remarks, there is no doubt in listeners' minds what his real target was - - Clark - - or what his message was - - McSame's war record is sacrosanct, don't go there.  This is total bullshit.  War records are sacrosanct only for Republicreeps.  How sacrosanct was Kerry's?  If you're going after McCain, you gotta go after him the same way the creeps went after Kerry, no holds barred.  That means, He was NOT tortured, he betrayed his country, he made radio broadcasts for the Vietnamese (some of which are undoubtedly available somewhere on tape,) he got special treatment from his captors etc.  You can even draw a fantastic analogy in the character issue, from betraying his country and his fellow POWs in Viet Nam to betraying his constituents and his oath of office as a charter member of the Keating Five.

Now I don't expect to have Obama do this personally, of course, he has plenty of surrogates to do it for him, including Army men like Clark.  But when a surrogate is good enough to do his dirty work for him, to the delight of many of his followers, it is axiomatic that both the surrogate and the delighted followers are going to be pissed off by rebukes for good service done.  Unless you're lucky enough to have a thick-skinned surrogate like Clark, who returned to the attack even after Obama "rebuked" him.  Maybe these two have an understanding.  Too bad the rest of the fans can't be privy to it, it might diffuse some of the anger and disappointment.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »
I have to say, this morning when I read that he allegedly is going to expand faith based initiatives, I felt like I had been had.

I'm feeling the old disillusionment settling over me.  Unless he comes out with something that shows him to be the thoughtful person that I thought he was, I'm going to throw a total hissy fit.

Not only that, I'm really pissed at the Clintons, who I feel are still running.  It seems like all those DLC'ers are stirring up trouble for Obama.  Lieberman and Clark. 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »
I have to say, this morning when I read that he allegedly is going to expand faith based initiatives, I felt like I had been had.

Reaching out to religious voters, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is announcing plans to expand President Bush's program steering federal social service dollars to religious groups and - in a move sure to cause controversy - support some ability to hire and fire based on faith.
Original Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »

Reaching out to religious voters, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is announcing plans to expand President Bush's program steering federal social service dollars to religious groups and - in a move sure to cause controversy - support some ability to hire and fire based on faith.
Original Article

Clarification:

I felt I had been had by the Obama Campaign, sir.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
This whole Obama thing is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth too.  I didn't know about expanding "faith-based" initiatives.  Is the whole God-damned country going to hell or what?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:34 PM »
NoBAMA is moving to the center.
Big surprise?
Yeah sure.
NoBAMA is an extreme left wing liberal.
Even a nice, smoothe talking left wing extremist has to move to the center to be elected.
I notice he is already waffling a bit about Iraq, wearing the American Flag lapel pin.
It's going to get sickening.
NoBAMA will probably get in a pic with some black soldiers and pretend he's a military man!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
As I've been saying from the beginning......just another politician.  Just happens to speak well, with the use of a teleprompter
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
<<It's going to get sickening.>>

GOING to get?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
but Michael if you were an American you'd have no choice
you and brass would have to vote for NoBAMA.
just like me
i have no choice but to vote for McCain
you or brass are not gong to vote nader
and believe me NoBAMA knows that.
we're stuck with who we dont want Michael
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 05:39:03 PM »
<<but Michael if you were an American you'd have no choice>>

There's always been a choice, CU4, and this election isn't any different in that regard.

You know, reflecting on this a little more, I wasn't really upset when Obama threw the Rev. Wright under the wheels of the bus.  I understood, and I think even the good Reverend understood, that some things you have to do just to get elected in America.  So maybe I'm over-reacting with this American flag pin BS, this "rebuke" of Gen. Clark, etc.  I'm gonna take a couple of pills, a few deep breaths, sit down and just ask myself, do I really want to see John Insane in the White House?  Does anybody?

The system has been working like this for a long time.  It's not much of a choice but it's more of a choice than the people of Egypt get, or Syria or North Korea.  Right now there's an election to fight.  There may be problems afterwards, compromises and disappointments, but does anyone who originally supported Obama or even Edwards or Hillary really think that America won't be even worse under a John Insane presidency?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
but Michael if you were an American you'd have no choice
you and brass would have to vote for NoBAMA.
just like me
i have no choice but to vote for McCain
you or brass are not gong to vote nader
and believe me NoBAMA knows that.
we're stuck with who we dont want Michael

You do KNOW that instead of voting for assclown John Kerry in 2004, I WROTE-IN Howard Dean.  Don't you?

I have no problem with doing so again.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 05:41:37 PM »
....and Tee throws a mild hissy when Ginsburg's name is mispelled       ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »
I corrected you, I don't know if that's a hissy fit though.  You seem to be spelling it correctly now, so where's the harm done?

You know, I don't think I've ever corrected anyone's spelling in here before (except for changing baited breath to bated breath for someone simply because the two words have very different meanings) because spelling is just not a big deal when it's ideas that are being debated.

But I felt it was outrageous that Ginsburg was being compared to Clarence Thomas.  A judge of the highest judicial calibre, universally admired and respected, approved by a 97-3 vote, being compared as the equivalent of the court clown and buffoon.  To a man totally unqualified to sit on that court.  And then in addition to the disrespect implied in your post was the further insult of not even spelling her name right.  I took that to be either a deliberate insult or the kind of negligent insult with ethnic names where it doesn't matter how you spell it exactly because it's just some fucking Jew anyway, so what's the difference, Ginzburg or Ginsburg or Ginsberg, hell why not just call her Judge Hymie?  THAT was why I corrected you - - if you are going to insult her, at least get her name right.  She is a woman of great distinction, whether you are smart enough to know that or not.