Author Topic: BDS?.....check out Buffettitis  (Read 9575 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: BDS?.....check out Buffettitis
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »
You can believe that....you'd be wrong.

Then stand and deliver son, make your case concerning Buffett being a hard core leftist, else we would be know you wrong.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 03:24:56 AM »
I hope you're having fun.......I doubt anyone else is however, not to mention all this effort to......what exactly?  The topic was Buffett, and his duplicity when it comes to talking the talk, but walking 180degrees in the other direction.  But here you are expending ALL this energy, and yea, demands to how sirs defines a descriptive reference he uses to what it is to be a hard core leftist.  Since its merely descriptive, I could give you lots of references and examples, but......to what end?  So that you can microsemantically attempt to tear them down?

This little exercise was extended on my part to help highlight a very interesting turn of events.  Yea, I'll get to the question "how does sirs define hard core leftist" in a moment.  Not too long ago, I was being routinely chastised by several folks, including yourself, for supposedly badgering someone(s) to answer a question.  I wasn't, as I was clearly highlighting how my questions weren't being responded to, which was fine.  But I was still scolded, and even now have Xo making ongoing comments on how he's not obligated to answer anything he doesn't want to.  Which again is fine.  Yet look how much effort you're expending on something as so trivial as how sirs defines a descriptive term, badgering for an answer, and immediately claiming how uncomfortable I must be at having my assertions challenged because my assertions are supposedly gospel and should not be challenged.  Good gravy.  As even he who shall not be named referenced, I DO make an effort to back up my opinions with facts, but not necessarily mere descriptive terms, such as hard core leftist

But to placate Bt's unfaultering need to know, in sirs' descriptive OPINION, a hard core leftist is someone who pushes liberal causes, to a near blinding level.  No other ideology can be considered.  No objective counter-arguement to the cause can be accepted, it must be either rationalized away or simply rejected out of hand, as either radical, racist, fascist, or greedy.  They support politicians who have a consistent heavy liberal voting record, and policies consistent with establishing an ever expanding bludgeoning Government footprint, all in the name of making things "fair"

It's someone who claims he pays less in taxes than his secretary, omitting the fact he's lumping 2 different taxing mechanisms, as if they were one and the same

I hope that helped.  Your semantic knife awaits
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »
Well thank you for finally defining what in your OPINION, a hard core leftist would look like.

That is half the equation. The other half is tying Buffett to your definition.

But to placate Bt's unfaultering need to know, in sirs' descriptive OPINION, a hard core leftist is someone who pushes liberal causes, to a near blinding level.  No other ideology can be considered.  No objective counter-arguement to the cause can be accepted, it must be either rationalized away or simply rejected out of hand, as either radical, racist, fascist, or greedy.

What liberal causes has Buffett blindingly pushed other than stating as a wealthy man he would have no problem paying a higher tax rate. Where did he stiffle opposing opinion? When did he demonize anyone? If his philantrophy is any indication of his political thoughts, by pledging half his wealth to private charities indicates that he doesn't believe government to be the be all end all provider of solutions. I'm sure you would find many on the right who agree with that philosophy.

They support politicians who have a consistent heavy liberal voting record, and policies consistent with establishing an ever expanding bludgeoning Government footprint, all in the name of making things "fair"

Did you know he was a financial adviser to Schwarzenegger. Was Arnold a hard core Leftist?

Are you aware that he is in favor of cutting govt spending to 21% of GDP while keeping taxes at 18.5%. Not balanced,  but better than Obama is proposing.

I don't have a problem with a guy volunteering his own quintile to pony up, i have a problem with those in other quintiles saying raise taxes on thee but not me.

And quit playing the victim, you don't wear it well.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:53 AM »
Arnold was a Rhino, who has embraced the Green movement, and saddled this state with some of the worst legislation to hit this state, be it cap and trade or the final solutions act......all while driving his hummer & private jets

He may not be "hard core", since he doesn't fit all the parameters I referenced, but he's certainly no conservative

And what's with this guff about stifling opinion??  Rejecting is not stifling, though he does demonize conservatives

And quit playing the semantic card shark.  You don't bluff well
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »
No bluffing needed.

I asked you to define your hard core leftist slur

and

tie it to Buffett

As far as i am concerned you failed.

No other ideology can be considered.

ie other ideologies are stifled.

Oh BTW . Can you provide an example where he demonized conservatives?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Buffett is not a politician, he just has political opinions. He is  Waaaaaay smarter than sirs.

It is absurd to call him a left winger. Give up, sirs, you have been defeated.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
No bluffing needed.

I asked you to define your hard core leftist slur

and

tie it to Buffett

As far as i am concerned you failed.

As far as I'm concerned, you failed in your flawed conclusion, semantic knife not withstanding

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »
Well if you did tie Buffett to your hard core left definition, and you did name those conservatives he demonized i must have missed it. Perhaps you can provide the link, else you know, you simply were wrong.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »
I've seen and heard his comments regarding conservatives and their positions on taxes, Norquist being the latest example.  You can ignore them, or rationalize them however you need to so they fit your template.  As it is, you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.  Your mileage may vary

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
Finally, 68 posts into thread it is revealed that Buffett may have said something mean about Grover Norquist. What he said that was derogatory will be revealed in coming episodes. Stay tuned folks, it could get interesting.

Norquist is a lobbyist. I hope that wasn't to harsh a slur so that i am not mistaken for a hard core leftist.

::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
You can ignore them, or rationalize them however you need to so they fit your template.  Bravo

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
Hard to ignore or rationalize the alleged slurs without a slur being produced to look at.

I'm sure the class is noticing.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
One need not be a leftist to recognize Norquest for the evil fat SOB that he is.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
I don't see what Norquists weight has to do with anything, but the whole tax pledge deal is kind of stupid.

How many on the right have called for a flat or fair tax where everyone pays so they have skin in the game.

Well if some people do not pay tax on their income, advocating a streamlined flat/fair tax would raise the taxes on that class, and voila tax pledge broken.

Oh I hope that wasn't too harsh on old Grover. I'd hate to be considered a hard core leftist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
Hard to ignore or rationalize the alleged slurs without a slur being produced to look at.

I'm sure the class is noticing.

I'm sure they already have  But just as expected, the uber sematic scapel came out, and has tried every bit of rationalizing.  Demand an example of a conservative being derided, sirs provides it, and its immediately poopoo'd....hey, its just a lobbiest, and and and you still didn't provide the exact quote, and and and you're just wrong.  And if you don't admit it....well.....you just can't be bothered with having your assertions challenged

Well if some people do not pay tax on their income, advocating a streamlined flat/fair tax would raise the taxes on that class, and voila tax pledge broken.

Oh I hope that wasn't too harsh on old Grover. I'd hate to be considered a hard core leftist.

Hmmm, are you consistently supporting liberal causes??  Liberal candidates??  Calling anone that disagrees with you racist or greedy??  Do you purposely distort how taxes are paied to imply an underling pays more taxes than you do??