Author Topic: now they are floating the idea to prosecute parents of fat kids for "cruelty"  (Read 3708 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
all the while ignoring the policies passed by Dems & Obama that have literally f'd up the country. 

Harry Reid in particular has been Obama's proxy.  It's laughable at your use of the term compromise.  There has been multiple BIPARTISAN legislation passed by the House, supported by a majority of those polled in this country, but never allowed to even be voted on in the Senate, by the Senate Majority leader Reid....since it may cause some Democrats, in particular, Obama, to look bad

You and your ilk have no standing when it comes to demanding compromise, since it has been provided.....in spades.  But for hard core liberals like Reid and Obama, its either their way, or no way.  That's one of the main reasons the country said "enough", last November
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I do not believe that a government should be organized in such a way as to be incompetent and for sale to the highest bidder.

You do realize that "rich Democrats" far outspent rich Republicans in the last election, right?  And what exactly did that buy them?

Our government is not responsive to the efficient functioning of this country and is getting worse every year.

I see no way that it is ever likely to improve.

Of course not....the bigger, the more inefficient anything becomes. Especially Government
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I would prefer getting rid of the Tea Party clowns and those who refuse to compromise.

When McConnell said that his main objective was to make Obama a one term president, he revealed himself to be unqualified to serve this country. He also revealed that he was a huge asshole. I hold fools like him responsible for this country being fucked up.

How does this attitude square with fair play and patriotism?

This seems to be a stance totally contrary to tolerance , inclusiveness ,diversity and fairness.

Shouldn't every dog have his day?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Only if you want the country to be run by canines.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Only if you want the country to be run by canines.

That is not the result I expect.

I thought BHO unsuited for high office since I learned of his actions as Senator.

But I tolerate his election because he was truly elected, now his use of power is an example of how just being elected is not enough, competence would be a big plus, at his pay level he cannot vote "present".

But it is only fair that he have his day , and the results speak to whether he is or isn't a dog.

When Reagan was elected didn't you have hope that someone you liked better would have a turn later?

Reagans results were better than anyone had any right to expect, perhaps he was not such a dog after all.

The people are stubborn but not impossible to teach, after the election of an obvious dog, some of the stubborn just stay home, some learn better what is good.

Experience is most valuable , if it enables foresight.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
BINGO!

Note again, how the Professor had no answer regarding the overt inefficiency of an ever growing bureaucratic Government, or that Billionaire Dems far outspent those evil rich Republicans, like the Kochs, this last election cycle.  Pretty much guts his claims on this matter

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I dare to you prove that the Democrats raised more money. It is no longer required to identify where all contributions come from. No one knows.
It was always possible to deliver bags of cash to anyone and report nothing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I dare to you prove that the Democrats raised more money.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Highest bidder appears to be Steyer.  He appears to have purchased some executive actions, and some Democrat legislators' votes regarding Keystone

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
That is hardly the issue.

The government does not send snoops out to curtail drunkenness and smoking, it simply imposes taxes to make alcohol and tobacco so expensive that people will limit their use. With regard smoking, it makes sense to ban it indoors where others are obliged to breathe the air, and no sense to ban it outdoors, where there is more circulation.

There are no "smoke easies" where diners can go and eat and smoke. Perhaps there should be. It would not bother me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
That is hardly the issue.

That is exactly the issue, that YOU brought up...even went so far as to dare me to back it up, when I claimed how Dems had more rich donors that the GOP....when you brought up the notion that our Government goes to the highest bidder(s). "I do not believe that a government should be organized in such a way as to be incompetent and for sale to the highest bidder."  YOUR words. 

Debunking the ignorant notion about who "the rich" are, as it relates to who donates the largest sums of $$$$ into political parties, has a laundry list of Millionaire/Billionaire Democrats at the top of that list.  Koch isn't even in the top 10.  Those are simply the facts.  But cudos on trying to change the subject from an apparent inconvenient truth

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:17:36 PM by sirs »