Author Topic: Members of & motivated by "The Religion of Peace" try to assassinate the Pope!  (Read 8224 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Al Qaeda threat to murder Pope foiled in London

DEBKAfile Special Report

September 17, 2010, 2:56 PM (GMT+02:00)

Scotland Yard arrested five Algerian men at dawn Friday, Sept. 17 following intelligence of a potential terrorist threat to Pope Benedict XVI during his visit to London. The Counter-Terror Command ordered the arrests at business premises in central London and homes in Muslim areas of East and North London where searches continue. The five suspects aged from 26 to 50 are not British nationals and were employed by a private street cleaning service. They are suspected of "the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism Act 2000. A papal spokesman said the pontiff was calm and his UK schedule would remain unchanged.

No further information is available from official sources in London. The reports indicate that the five Algerians reached their London rendezvous overnight to prepare for their operation - apparently to assassinate the pope. There, they may have been given their weapons or explosives. The UK Counter-Terror Command appears to have acted in the nick of time to prevent the attack shortly after receiving intelligence.

After the arrests the security arrangements for his visit were reviewed, particularly with regard to crowd access and his continued use of the Popemobile which is bulletproof. English and Scottish police spent months planning the security arrangements for the pope's visit, including safe transport and crowd control.

The Pope spent the day visiting Catholic schools in London and is scheduled to address two houses of parliament later Friday. Security controls and heavily armed guards patrol the streets around Westminster, Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street and Whitehall. Earlier Friday, Jonathan Evans, head of MI5, the British domestic security service, warned that the UK faces a wave of terrorist attacks from a new generation of al Qaeda and Irish Republican militants.

In his first public speech in three years, he said it is only "a matter of time" before Britain is the victim of an attack from extremists based in Somalia. After briefing the British premier David Cameron, the MI5 chief said there remains "a serious risk of a lethal attack taking place."

He called for anti-terror controls and measures to be kept in place as he had "no reason to believe the position would significantly improve in the immediate future."

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Now remember Cu4....AlQaeda has nothing to do with Islam or religion, or so we've been told.  Their leader is not a cleric nor any official spokesperson.  So, trying to apply anything Islam to anything AlQaeda, or even Islamic, I mean Muslim, I mean ...ummm...radicals of an apparent middle eastern background, is completely inappropriate
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:06:52 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
All niggers love watermelon.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I'm sorry SIRS I guess we should not bring up the motivation of
people committing horrible crimes daily against innocent people all over
the world. It makes some people uncomfortable knowing why people
do horrible things. In other words......

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Niggers loves em some fried chicken.

I like fried chicken.

Therefore i am a nigger.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
All niggers love watermelon.

They do?  Pretty blunt accusation, but if you're good with it, so be it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Meh.

Somebody's always trying to assassinate the Pope.

The Islamic angle just makes for good press.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Niggers loves em some fried chicken.
I like fried chicken.
Therefore i am a nigger.

Islamist motivated by Islam are killing lots of innocent people in the name of their religion.
Therefore Islam has a very big problem.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
No more blunt than saying Al Queda speaks for Islam.

But if you are comfortable with it, so be it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Good thing no one is saying that then.  At least not I

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Good thing no one is saying that then.  At least not I

Glad we cleared that up.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
*whew*

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
But Gosh SIRS...look at this headline today on the front-page
of one of the biggest newspapers in Great Britain...SHAME ON THEM!  ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/the-pope/8008981/Pope-visit-Five-suspected-Islamist-terrorists-arrested-over-assassination-plot.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
We need to send them a memo....indicating how obviously bigoted such headlines are

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Ooooops SIRS.....here is another from today....
different incident....of course no surprise
headline after headline after headline
people who claim their motivation is the "Religion of Peace"
But hey...shame on them the Associated Press too!

Islamists claim responsibility for Russian bombing
(AP) ? 1 day ago

MOSCOW ? A Chechen Islamist rebel group has claimed responsibility for last week's
suicide car bombing in Russia's volatile North Caucasus that left 18 dead and 140
wounded.

The Riyadus Salikhin Martyrs' Brigade says the attack was part of a "jihad" against
Russia in the North Caucaus, where most of the republics are predominantly Muslim.

Last Thursday's attack took place in Vladikavkaz, the capital of the North Ossetia republic,
which has a sizable Muslim minority.

The group has previously claimed responsibility for several terrorist attacks.
The statement was posted on a website sympathetic to Chechen rebels.

The region has been gripped by violence stemming from two separatist wars in
Chechnya and fueled by poverty and corruption.

Relatives and cemetery workers drop the coffin into the grave during the funerals of civillians
killed in a suicide car attack in a square outside a market in Vladikavkaz, North Caucasus,
Saturday, Sept., 11, 2010. The Thursday bombing on the edge of the central market of the
capital of the North Ossetia republic where a suicide car bombing killed 17 people and wounded
more than 140 was the most serious terrorist attack in Russia since the March subway bombings
in Moscow that killed 40.
(AP Photo/Sergey Ponomarev)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h9OHz4nVWKKUjgrraAGSlhUXSaNQD9I94B900