Author Topic: Members of & motivated by "The Religion of Peace" try to assassinate the Pope!  (Read 8225 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
The weight of a Fatwah depends on the person who issues it and how seriously he is accepted as an authority by the Umma.

So you accept Bin Ladens authority to speak for all of Islam?

Do you accept the Underwear Bombers authority as well?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The weight of a Fatwah depends on the person who issues it and how seriously he is accepted as an authority by the Umma.

Why shouldn't I accept Osama as an authority just as he claims?

He certainly speaks for all who are in agreement with him , how wrong are all they?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
More from the Ummah:

The prevailing view of the participants of the conference was that terrorism and
extremism constitute a threat to the peace, security and stability of all countries and
peoples. Terrorism has no justification no matter what pretext terrorists may use for their deeds.
It was underlined that terrorism should be understood in its own political,
religious, historical and cultural context. Societies experience terrorism differently and its
motives are diverse. However, every country faces an urgent need to prevent and
suppress terrorist crimes as well as in addressing their national specific conditions that
are conducive to the spread of terrorism.
President Ben Ali underscored the urgent need to address the spread of terrorism~m
from a global perspective especially since "terrorism has become a transcontinental
scourge that unsettles international relations and threatens security and stability in the
world". Terrorists may exploit vulnerabilities and grievances which help to breed
extremism locally, and connect quickly with others at the international level. Keeping in
mind that the most efficient remedy to the problem of terrorism was cooperative
prevention, the conference aimed to: (a) identify "vulnerable" areas exploited by
terrorists in the social, economic, cultural and educational spheres, (b) recommend
appropriate solutions and (c) dispel misapprehensions about Islam.
Within the framework of the ab6above objectives, the Conference focused on five
key themes: Conditions conducive to terrorism; Challenging stereotypes and promoting

interfaith dialogue; Education for preventing terrorism; Dialogue among cultures and
civilizations and their role in countering terrorism; and Role of international and
specialized organizations in countering terrorism. As deliberations proceeded, it was
made clear that exclusive reliance on enforcement solutions .only could not address the
various menaces of terrorism. Indeed, the need ta formulate a comprehensive, collective
and intergovernmental approach to combating terrorism highlighted the urgency far
collaborative efforts aimed at addressing conditions conducive to terrorism. As Prof.
Ekmeleddin Ihsangalu, Ole Secretary General noted, there is a growing need to be mare
concerned with tackling "defamatory campaigns that seek ta incite a particular
civilization against another, thereby inflaming violence; hatred and extremism, and
ultimately leading to terrorism" .
. Furthermore, the participants believed that terrorism flourishes in environments
.of discontent, exclusion, humiliation, poverty,political oppression, and human rights
abuse as well as in the environment of regional conflicts. It profits from weak State
capacity to maintain law and .order. These vulnerable areas are exploited by terrorists to
mobilize~ recruits and justify violence. None .of the religions are a cause of political
radicalism and extremism; Religious doctrine may be 'tools of mobilization' rather than'
a direct cause. Islam does not cause terrorism, nor does any other religion with which
terrorist acts have been associated. Methods of terrorism, as underlined by many
. participants are employed by many different groups in many parts of the world in pursuit
of various .objectives which have nothing to do with the true image of Islam or any other
religion. Participants suggested that the real motives which provide fertile environment
for terrorism should be addressed by finding local solutions, including at grass roots
level.

http://www.oicun.org/uploads/files/articles/terrorism_conference_concl-en.pdf

The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) is the main organization representing the whole Muslim Ummah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:

He certainly speaks for all who are in agreement with him , how wrong are all they?

And if a Muslim disagrees with him, should he be treated as if he did?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

And if a Muslim disagrees with him, should he be treated as if he did?

I would say not.

But I would shoot a Muslim who gave Osama Bin Laden a cup of tea .

Whether in agreement or not.

I think that by now Osama Bin Laden hasn't met with anyone who disagrees with him ,even a little ,for twelve years.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
As far as I know Iman Rauf has not offered Bin Laden a cup of tea.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
As far as I know Iman Rauf has not offered Bin Laden a cup of tea.

Bully for him , I shall not help shoot him.

Has he ever said that 9-11 is an  understandable reaction in light of this or that ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Has he ever said that 9-11 is an  understandable reaction in light of this or that ?

Dunno.

You have a quote or url with context?

Would that make him better or worse than Americans non Muslims who have said the same thing.

I believe the phrase was root causes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Iman Rauf

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/americles/ground-zero-protests-islamic-center_n_690504_58093315.html
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
This one seems commendable.
http://www.daylife.com/topic/Imam_Feisal_Abdul_Rauf
If 9/11 happens there again, I want to be the first to die ... It's my duty as an American Muslim to stand between you, the American non-Muslim, and the radicals who are trying to attack you.
– Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
In this one he seems almost to understand that he has caused a problem.

http://video.aol.com/video/imam-feisal-abdul-rauf-on-larry-king-live-090810-tv-replay/36028814548726404

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

In this one his quotes are being manipulated.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/08/ny-times-scrubs-imam-raufs-controversial-islamic-supremacist-ground-zero-mosque-remark-new-york-is-t.html

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Finally , here is the one I remembered,

"I wouldn't say the United States deserved what happened on 9-11, but the United States' policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

http://mediamatters.org/research/201008130037

Perhaps this guy hasa helpfull attitude , but he is really clumsy in expressing it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Perhaps he isn't Bin Laden and shouldn't be lumped in with him.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Perhaps he isn't Bin Laden and shouldn't be lumped in with him.

Human nature is like that.

Bin Laden lumps all Americans together .

Iman Rauf oversimplyfies US policys so he can point at them as a root cause.

If the Mosque gets built , Muslims who understand the Issues for Americans poorly will celebrate it as a victory over and opposeing force , and if somebody firebombs it these same Muslims will be livid at us all even if the guilty amount to just one.

I see little potential for a good outcome , the Imam himself can be quoted as beig regretfull that he brought it up.