Author Topic: Why We Need More Troops in Iraq (Persuasive essay by Lieberman)  (Read 13011 times)

domer

Re: Why We Need More Troops in Iraq (Persuasive essay by Lieberman)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 05:01:57 PM »
As opposed to your reason-based arguments, BT?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »
So, for you, any contract trumps any emotions?

In BT's world, Little Nell would be banned from crying as Snydley Whiplash tied her to the tracks, because she could not pay the rent, and it says right there, "Should the tenant fail to pay the rent, the landlord shall tie her to the railroad tracks."

I think Cindy Sheehan has a perfect right to be emotional. It's not like her son deserved to die. It's not like one is barred from loving their children when they die at a young and tender age.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

domer

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 05:13:09 PM »
By the same token, such a consideration is a small part of the policy calculus.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 05:23:26 PM »
As opposed to your reason-based arguments, BT?

Yeah ....... pretty much. 

Boo hoo mama's lil marine boy has to honor his contract. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »
<<Bullshit. Rose is no different than Cindy Sheehan. The whole basis of their appeal is emotion based. Poor mama, her son actually has to fulfill the terms of his contract. Life is so unfair. >>

This is hilarious.  Talk about conservatives living with their head stuck up their ass!  BT is not only ignoring the most powerful emotion on earth - - one that even a fucking animal knows, a mother-instinct to protect the lives of her children - - but he's actually sneering at it.

Why honour such an emotion when there are BIGGER causes to pursue - - stubbornness, face-saving, the prestige of the U.S.A., and last but not least, "democracy for Iraq," better known in elite circles as securing the oil supply.

The longer shit like the Iraq war goes on, the more chance guys like BT - - all conservatives really, I don't mean to make this personal to BT - - get to reveal their true nature, and believe me folks - - it ain't pretty.  The longer it goes on, the more inevitable it becomes that Americans get to see the true nature of conservatism.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
It's not like her son deserved to die. It's not like one is barred from loving their children when they die at a young and tender age.

No one said he deserved to die, and no one said Cindy couldn't grieve. I do take issue with the exploiting of her sons death and allowing other to do the same for some nebulous political agenda they espouse.

And may i remind you Casey reenlisted?

And may i remind you Casey volunteered for his fatal mission.

I have a whole lot of respect for Casey. I don't see where Cindy inherits it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »
If Casey reenlisted and volunteered for his last mission, it was because he was a follower and not a leader.  He followed his elected leadership because he was dumb enough to believe in them and to trust them.  It's not Casey's fault that he died, it's Bush's.  You should expect more of your leaders.  Just because they can always find morons who will follow them anywhere is no excuse for them taking advantage of the situation and squandering those young lives in dubious ventures of lies, bullshit, face-saving and stubbornness.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006, 06:01:13 PM »
He followed his elected leadership because he was dumb enough to believe in them and to trust them.  It's not Casey's fault that he died, it's Bush's. .... Just because they can always find morons who will follow them anywhere is no excuse for them taking advantage of the situation and squandering those young lives in dubious ventures of lies, bullshit, face-saving and stubbornness.

Yea, no emotion based arguement anywhere in the Anti-war side      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »
And a hearty Happy New Year to you do, bearer of sweetness and light.

She knows he has 4 more years where they can call him back.  She said, "I think they ought to bring'em all home, but then I'm told, Oh no, you don't understand the situation, that would make it worse."  And she just shook her head.

So don't you go putting words in her mouth.   OK? Thanks a lot.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »
If Casey reenlisted and volunteered for his last mission, it was because he was a follower and not a leader.  He followed his elected leadership because he was dumb enough to believe in them and to trust them.

Bullshit. He went on that fateful mission to help save his buddies. Same reason he reenlisted. Both documented facts by the same buddies he served with.

If he was such a follower why did he go against his mama's wishes and enlist in the first place and reenlist in the second.

Oh i know, the recruiters lied to him. Oh i know, he enlisted just for the educational benefits, he had no idea he would have to serve in a combat zone.

Perhaps i am missing something, but i don't think i would brag about raising a simpleton so easily misled.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »

She knows he has 4 more years where they can call him back. 

Hopefully he has the character to honor his contract.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »
Yes, he does.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 09:26:17 PM »
<<Although a tiny minority wants the US presence to be long term , a strong majority wants our democracy building program to succeed.>>

We're talking apples and oranges here, plane.  I have no idea what the majority of Iraqis want regarding your "democracy building program" and I don't think you do either.  Nobody is free to speak under the guns of an occupying army.  They'll say whatever they think the man with the gun wants to hear.

HOWEVER, even if a strong majority DID want your "democracy building program" to succeed, the topic was the deaths of collaborators after the U.S. forces leave.  You yourself in your initial post put the number at "tens of thousands."  Those are your words.  How can "tens of thousands" be a majority of the country?

You were confused.  You confused the collaborators with ordinary citizens who, whatever they may or may not have wanted, did not aid or assist the occupation.

I did not say tens of thousands , I consider this to be very optomistic.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2006, 02:12:07 AM »
<<Bullshit. He went on that fateful mission to help save his buddies. Same reason he reenlisted. Both documented facts by the same buddies he served with. >>

Even more bullshit.  If his buddies were dumb enough to fall for that ass-hole's lies and promises, he  should have left them to their fate.  They're old enough to look after themselves.  As it was, he couldn't even save his own life, let alone theirs.  If he really wanted to help his buddies, he should have told them not to go.

<<If he was such a follower why did he go against his mama's wishes and enlist in the first place and reenlist in the second. >>

Because of the lies and false promises, naturally.  But you knew that.

<<Oh i know, the recruiters lied to him. Oh i know, he enlisted just for the educational benefits, he had no idea he would have to serve in a combat zone. >>

He was young enough and stupid enough to believe it couldn't happen to him.  They all do.  That's how lying scumbags like your "President" and his enablers are able to keep themselves in cannon fodder.

<<Perhaps i am missing something, but i don't think i would brag about raising a simpleton so easily misled. >>

She's far from the only mother who did.  Rather than save face and pretend it didn't happen, to her enormous credit she is warning other mothers about the consequences of not going the last mile to save their sons from the death-grip of the U.S. military.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2006, 02:17:06 AM »
So because you have problems with a decision made by another country the whole world should have a problem with that same decision?

So much for tolerance of ideas, and you have the balls to call conservatives my way or the highway types.